A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 221

Titania (gone for lunch)

Did you happen to see any of the Perseids(?) Kasia?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 222

Kasia, P.S. of Syncopation,Muse of Classic Goo Fans, Keeper of Rainbows, Zaphodista (visit Crossed Purposes Pub: A429310)

Hmm, I'm not sure - what are Perseids, Titania?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 223

Titania (gone for lunch)

Meteorites, Kasia, entrying Earth atsomphere, falling stars....


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 224

Titania (gone for lunch)

...sorry, 'atmosphere'...

Unfortunately, I was in a very lighted area, and a full moon shining very clearly. But at least I saw 4 shooting stars...


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 225

Titania (gone for lunch)

G'night all!smiley - smiley

*drifting off, in her usual v.e.l.manner*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 226

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Perseids ... meteors from the direction of the constellation Perseus. I am unfortunately surrounded by tall trees and streetlights, and the moon has been strong throughout the past week.

Matina, green tea and a slice of your mbougatses, please.

The plumbing has been made good. I can use my house again.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 227

Phil

I didn't see any smiley - sadface The moon was too bright even though I was sat outside a wonderful Elizabethan manor house which is now used as a youth hostel - spiral staircases up round towers, smart!


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 228

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

Evening folks,
speaking of meteor showers, does anyone know where to find info on the Leonid (Nov.11)?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 229

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Leonids Live

http://www.leonidslive.com/
Offers a view of November's Leonid meteor shower. Include links and an image gallery.

Let's celebrate with a Y of champagne.

Glug


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 230

VALIS420 ( is NO WHERE / NOW HERE )

Sounds good.
Glug.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 231

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I'll glug to that too. Good thing not to have to worry about meteor showers too often.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 232

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*wanders in looking for Lil*

Ah, Matina, I would like a cup of Earl Grey tea with a little milk please.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 233

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Aced me with a simulpost, Amy. I was intending to come talk to ~you~ about a fashion show later this year, framing and presentations and all, but I got distracted by household problems.

The boys downstairs gave a less, um, pneumatic bot this time. Isn't she nice?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 234

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Yes I heard about your idea. Tell me more about it.

*takes tea from maid* Thank you, Matina.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 235

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Everyone seemed to enjoy the dressing-up part of the banquet, and we also have Lintilla doing bespoke outfits for space people and suchlike. So it occurred to me that it might be fun to use the veranda and the lawn and gardens below for a catered fashion show. I have lots of rooms for people to stash racks of outfits and to change, and the veranda itself would make an ideal vantage for modelling. And designs not modelled could be hung in the gallery. There may be a call for a lot of artwork at short notice. Everyone who cares to come can come. Valis wants to do the videotaping.

I have to go to New Mexico in the latter half of September, and I think I'll be taken up with doing the Kid most of the time till then. But after that...

Any ideas to build on that?
*looking down at garden* Aren't the glowworms lovely?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 236

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*look at the garden*

Yes it's a lovely evening.

I agree we need a break from exciting events for a while. The end of September would be very good for me.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 237

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Probably a couple of weeks beyond that. Do you have Poser? If I had had it when I painted the Cafe float, I probably would have put twice as many entities on the float.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 238

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

...and it will give me a chance to check out the new summer Southern Hemisphere speedo fashions.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 239

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

No I don't have Poser but I have used it and I can get a copy.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 240

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I would love to respond to Amy's post, which is noted in the right-hand column as #239, but the screen is refusing to display anything after Looney's last. Sorry, Amy.

one-eye had an anomaly occur to her at the cafe, one that has happened to me and that has also happened to Styx. You reply to a previous post on a thread, and after you hit post message you discover you have created a new thread.

Matina, I'll have green tea while this posts and I discover what the forum will let me view. *looks somewhat huffy*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more