A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 261

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Nods sagely


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 262

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I'll leave a copy of the evidence here and retire to bed.


[Broken link removed by Moderator]
or if they have removed the evidence, here's the photo:

[Broken link removed by Moderator]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 263

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Sorry, let's try that again

http://mcbrideweb.future.easyspace.com/picture4.jpg


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 264

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Mmmmmm, this disturbing event needs investigating.

Maybe a case for Styx, The Celery's hound-rat?

*Adjoins to the veranda with a Y of champagne to await developments*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 265

Phil

[P]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 266

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in through service lift, followed by Ubik, who hops slowly into the salon, looking around*

Ubik, you remember Mindspring? You can play together till Valis comes back from his birthday weekend. See, there's a whole garden and veranda. *steps out on the veranda* Violet, if you eat this critter I will have you decapitated, so get that speculative look off your face, OK? I brought you a tenderloin. *Violet nods agreeably*

Ubik: I want some honey.
Mindspring: Meep.

*Lil goes to kitchen, collecting calling cards to read on the way*
Matina, fresh greens sprinkled with donut or pastry for the unau, and honey on demand for the jackelope.

The Celery has been kidnapped?? I've been offline all afternoon, just came back. And by ... how is that possible? I was just talking to her yesterday.
*looks thoughtful*
Actually, we just had a misunderstanding a couple of days ago. Hmmm. Well, thank you Amy. I better go see Redbeard.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 267

Researcher 99947

*goes out to veranda*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 268

Titania (gone for lunch)

[t] *going away during weekend*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 269

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

*A grown man weeps*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 270

Phil

[P]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 271

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*comes in after an evening spent pleasantly with guests IRL and is greeted by gamboling unau and jackelope* Hello kids. *sits down with nothing much to say after reading http://www.h2g2.com/F50644?thread=70020 , her post #64 and the answers to it*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 272

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Springie and Ubik are chasing each other up and down the corridors and across the veranda into the garden*

Matina, I'll have some champagne and a slice of your delicious mbougatses, please.

*goes out onto the veranda to watch the fireflies, which glow a broght trail wherever the unau and jackelope frolic*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 273

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Talking about animals, in a claimed world-first, the extinct, on the mainland, brown-spotted-kiwi has been successfully reintroduced to a predator-free bush area on the outskirts of NZ's capital city, Wellington.

Apparently no extinct species of anything has ever been successfully reintroduced to any countries mainland from off-shore islands.

Pours glass of champers to celebtrate.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 274

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*raises glass to share the toast*

Have they not succeeded with the kakapo, then?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 275

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Most of the 70 or so remaining kakapo live on the mainland (The far south of the South Island). Their problem is being tardy breeders. Some have been moved to off-shore islands just in case there is a natural disater. (Fire).

There are about five or so different species of kiwi - some more at risk than others. The adult birds can fight off cats and rats. The chicks can't.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 276

Lonnytunes - Winter Is Here

Make that sub-species of the genus kiwi.


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 277

Phil

[P]


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 278

Mike A (snowblind)

Thank god for these new look forums - we'll never need to change threads again! And I can butt in whenever I want smiley - winkeye

Gawd, it's been ages since I've been here, but I'll stick around now if the conversation's good. Promise.

What's been happening then?


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 279

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

QMike!!!! *hugs* Glad I got your rooms ready yesterday. You just move right on in and come and go as you please.

What's happened?? It's been rather exciting, I must say. More than I cared for at times. smiley - winkeye But you'll be the one with stories to tell, that can't be read in backlogs.

The Colonel has been away for a couple of weeks, but I know he'll be glad to see you when he gets back. Violet isn't a window plant any more, she has a half a barrel on castor wheels and lives out on the veranda ... Mindspring is the same ... I'm babysitting a jackelope named Ubik ... and Styx is around somewhere. He rules. We have some new regular visitors, you'll like them.

Come on out on the veranda (so I can keep an eye on the animals down in the garden) and enjoy the air, tell us all about your travels. Oh, there's a maidbot Matina. You hungry?

*sits in chaise lounge with flute of champagne and admires QMike's tan*


21Xst Conversation at Lil's

Post 280

Fern the Firelizard

*materialises in mid-flight in the centre of the salon. Does a quick circuit around the guest bedroom corridor and does a final glide out onto the veranda.*

Chrrrrp! Chhppp Chhhhrr?

*tries cat telepathic frequencies on the serving bot*

~{Are you receiving, over?}~

~{Well, on the off chance that you are, I would like some chamomile tea and an apricot please}~~

*settles down on a chair to wait for Asteroid Lil*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more