A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 101

Hati

[Hati]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 102

Coniraya

I'm going to have to try some of the Mayan pork, we were talking the other evening of how wonderful a trip to Machu Pichu would be. We would have to get fit first though.

Those kittens looks so cute.

Cassie has been out in the rain today, twice, and has come in soaked. I have never had a cat who isn't bothered by the rain. I told her it wasn't a good idea to get so wet, without any waterproofing she could easily get hypothermia. However, she didn't listen and enjoyed a thunderstorm outside smiley - erm.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 103

Afgncaap5

Wish me luck, everyone. One of my classes is going to a professor's house for dinner. Wackiness will ensue.smiley - smiley

[Affy]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 104

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Don't break the dishes if you want a good grade. smiley - goodluck And compliment the wallpaper.

/* Accepts some eggrolls from Houndstooth */

I managed to find my first posting at the Atelier once. I think it was just slightly pre-Rupert.
smiley - dog


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 105

FG

Also, compliment the chef, don't get smiley - drunk and mind your p's and q's, Affy. smiley - winkeye

Kittens! smiley - wow


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 106

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

As soon as my dad eats we will be taking the little goddess to see a doctor. I really don't think it is anything serious but...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 107

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG checking for sasser on main machine and runing weekly maintainence.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 108

Hypatia

*finds the salad bar a tad threatening since the flamethrower incident and decides to start on the entrees*

B4, will you be honoring us with another dance number?


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 109

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Well, the only combustible salad was the melon halves filled with port... Sigh... now they're just little scorched black rings, with a lingering aroma of raisins. Yumm... However the cilantro, cucumber and red chili salad looks good. I should be eating more greens, anyway.

Ah - the proscuitto-stuffed figs are just delicious. Methinks I detect a hint of merlot wine?

> Wish me luck, everyone. One of my classes is going to a professor's house for dinner. Wackiness will ensue.

Yeah, if you find anything in your dinner that you just can't eat, etiquette says *not* to jump up in horror, screaming and pointing at your plate. Carefully remove it with a napkin, fold it, and put it unobtrusively under your chair.

> we will be taking the little goddess to see a doctor

Is this Chico, by any chance? Best of with your kitty...

Now, where's that drinks bot? smiley - evilgrin


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 110

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - run
{First bounding across the floor (careful to avoid colliding with anyone carrying their entrees), then doing a spin-step for the last leg of his journey, B4 whirls to a stop in front of Hypatia. He wraps an arm around her shoulders and gives her a big squeeze.}
smiley - biggrin
[in a thick French accent]
Certainement, mon Cheri! I ouil be rright bawk frrom convairsing wis zee band aboot our naixt nombare...
smiley - somersault
{He's a veritable whirling dervish of white tux-and-tails as he dances out of the room, and it's a wonder his top hat stays put through it all.}
smiley - run
B4ournaixtnombare


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 111

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Lil, I saw something on Wild West Tech (History Channel) that said that some people thinik that Billy was a transvestite. Have you run across that rumour?

B4, if you keep making posts like that, you will owe me a new keyboard. I almost choked with laughter when I read that post.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 112

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I must concur with Marv on that B4.

My little goddess has a virus, not much we can do but let it run its course, she's feeling better though.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 113

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Marv pointed out that I should say who my little goddess is, just to ensure everyone does: little goddess = my daughter, Athena.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 114

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Though I feel obligated to point out at this point that I have met his daughter, however sweet she is a goddess she ain't .


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 115

Afgncaap5

Well, dinner was good. The professor is good at making lassagna.smiley - smiley


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 116

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

Ah, this makes more sense. Most people don't refer to their cats as goddesses. Athena - isn't that the goddess of the hunt? Good name!

And B4, where did you get that outrageous accent?


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 117

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Um, B4? Could you get me down, please? I'm really rather hungry...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 118

Coniraya

{[caer]} not entirely looking forward to Pilates after being warned last week that things will get tougher this term.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 119

Titania (gone for lunch)

[T]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 120

Mrs Zen

What a beautiful cat Little Gray is. Is he a Norwegian, or a Maine Coon or 'just' a cat? (All cats have imperial breeding, but some of them are incognito).

That reminds me, actually. If any of the UKians know of anyone who would take my two, free to good home, (emphasis on *good*), please let me know at [email protected]. I can keep them for a while, but things could change suddenly if I get offered a job abroad again.

I have no recollection of when my first posting on the Atelier would have been, and it would have been on my previous account, anyway. One day, if I am sufficiently chilled, I think I'll take a look. And, yes, I found the Atelier very daunting for a while. As Caer said, you all knew each other so well, and the converstion moved so-o-o-o fast.

GDZ, I am glad to know that your little goddess is not too ill. (I had worked out who she was from context!) I thought Athena was goddess of wisdom.

Anyways, back to grindstone.

B

(PS - had long and cheerful chat w/ stepson on phone last night; he seems to be relatively well settled in the hotel he is staying in temporarily. We are going to go out for a Thai meal on Saturday. Spoke to the ex yesterday evening too. He gets hitched on Friday [geddit?]. He had been trying really hard to reach me for weeks, but when we eventually spoke - nothing but banalities. Since this was the pattern for the whole of the last 8 years, there is nothing new there. Anyway, I will need to raise a glass to him and the horse at 4.00pm Friday.)


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more