A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 81

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*wanders back from the salad bar, plate in hand*

Oh! I missed Z! But I just saw a replay of B4's performance, and one of the bots has already printed up Marv's poem. And lentilla looks darling in that poncho. And congratulations to you, Titania! There is so much talent and creativity in this salon; I may have built the place, but it would be just another forum if not for the erudition and sense of play you lot have brought here.

*sits down with salad and fresh smiley - bubbly, and accepts a menu from Houndstooth* Thank you dear. Would you bring me a serving of portabello mushrooms and just one of the Moroccan chicken things?

Yesterday I assisted in the delivery of kittens. Not a fit topic for this banquet, so I shall post a journal entry presently.

Zeppo looks amazing in that top hat. Not very pleased, but amazing...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 82

Witty Moniker

*Raises her smiley - bubbly*

Here is to all of the Salonistas; past, present and future, and to our hostess, Lil.

Congratulations on a fine guide entry, Titania and Hati! smiley - applause

B4, all I can say is smiley - wow. I didn't know you had such a flair for musical theatre!


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 83

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


And that should have been congratulations to Titania AND Hati for the front page article and photos!


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 84

SE

*returns from the salad bar, slightly dishevled and singed around the edges*

Correction. There are 126 items to choose from the salad Bar

*raises his torch in victory*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 85

Coniraya

*has a small helping each of Summer Fruit salad Berry Slaw, whilst a bot tops up her smiley - bubbly*

It took me some courage to join the Atelier, as you all seemed to know each other so well and I wasn't sure I would fit in. But I was wrong to be nervous because everyone was so welcoming and now I feel just as comfy here as I do in my own home.

We have been through some tough times and seen some real nastiness, but we have hung on and come through it. I think it would only be batural to be wary of new visitors, but the Salon is still just as welcoming as it ever was.

Here's to you all smiley - bubbly


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 86

Afgncaap5

As people on other websites will tell you, I don't join things unless I get in to them very early. I just lurk. I am very grateful that I was able to make it into the early days of the Atelier, else I wouldn't have ever had the courage to join in.

I just don't like imposing myself on people. I'm annoying.smiley - winkeye

Wolfgang, these are excellent breads. Breads and salads, I could live on breads and salads if drinking weren't a necessity.

*Helps himself to a cheddar roll*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 87

Z

Ooooooo Ben... Thanks for the excitment. I'll be getting on with my project in the afternoons, so I'll be online when I can't persudae someone to take me to some house calls in nice remote areas!

smiley - goodluck GDZ about the childcare.

*sits down with a plate of salad, and large pile of notes to get on with my audit


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 88

FG

B4, others have said it already, but I must agree--that was an amazing performance! smiley - applause

Speaking of Summerswedes, I'm morphing into a Summermontanan. I've got the sunburn, driver's tan and bug bites. Now I'm getting my hair cut off tomorrow. Right now it is a few inches below my shoulders. I'll be whacking it off to about my chin line.

::sneaks a bowl of freshly washed organic cilantro back onto the salad bar::


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 89

U195408

*dave walks in. Apparently he slipped out early as the festivites were just beginning. His tuxedo is now spattered with brown spots, and he smells strongly of vinegar.*
Cambrigde had a massive power outtage yesterday. I was washing dishes in lab one minute, and the next thing I know I'm standing in the dark listening to my machine attempt to shut itself down in fault mode! GRRRR! What mess. I had to rush out to fix that. Still haven't gotten it up and running again.

Matina, could I trouble you for a shot of tequilla?

I need to get cleaned up.

*wanders out*

Before I go:

Good luck GDZ at work!

Nice performance B4!

Good luck Ben with the h*ll week!

Marv - what a fantastic book! That is quite a find!

dave


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 90

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oh yes, I forgot to mention about the book -- I just love that page of hats! Talk about tribal behaviour. GDZ, were you ever introduced to a USMC book called The Small Wars Manual during your sojourn?

*grabs a cheddar roll as they go past her table*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 91

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Fills up a plate*

I am familiar with the book, Lil, but have never read it.

Work is going well, considering today is the day of orientation and HR paperwork. The job looks to be somewhat interesting.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 92

logicus tracticus philosophicus

(ltp)Pops head round corner ,haveing arrived a whole 38 posts earlier than normal, but is very busy trying to find legal rep so will not stop long,wearing full weatherproffed trousers jacket in a nice green wellinton boot type color 126 salads you say, and i've got several other edible ,and some not so edible fungi, found a nice blue one in a coffee cup .Thats if any latecomers find its running out.
Must get round to lils for more re ".......the delivery of kittens"

Whats the postage on kittens ? perhaps i find out once i'm there.

Dont forget eclipse of the moon tonight,cloud cover permitting.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 93

Afgncaap5

[Affy]


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 94

coelacanth

smiley - bubbly all round!

I've been lurking round the Atelier for as long as I can remember, certainly pre Rupert because some of you waved to me on ezboard.

Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to find out when I first posted? I've discovered being talked about in Nov 2001 so you must have known I was there, since no one is surprised or welcomes me as a newcomer. F38024?thread=150942&skip=600&show=20
smiley - bluefish


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 95

Witty Moniker

Coely, if you haven't unsubscribed from the conversation, you can see it on the oldest page of your conversations. You could find the last posting in the oldest threads and work backwards in time from there. It's not guaranteed to be accurate, but pretty close.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/MP107357?show=25&skip=1075


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 96

Witty Moniker

There's always your first journal entry, too: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F33494?thread=39737&skip=0&show=20


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 97

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*cross-posts link to kitty pics* http://www.asterlil.com/journal/kittens.htm

Houndstooth, can I have the lamb entrée with the mashed potatoes and garden beans, please?

And more smiley - bubbly, Eleven, if you don't mind. No, leave the bottle here, if that's all right.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 98

Afgncaap5

*Gets some water*

Well, all of my classes are behind me! I've still got some homework to turn in, but the actual classes are done! Just finals to finish, and then I can start spending my summer days wondering why I've not found employment yet!smiley - cheers


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 99

Titania (gone for lunch)

*helps herself to a plate of Red Snapper with Lemon-Marjoram Butter*

Hmmm... this would go well together with a... glass of Chablis, me thinks...

There are times when the Atelier has felt as a 'safe haven' for me - especially after bumping into txt-speak and 'exchange-as-many-smilies-as-possible' people...

*still feeling ever so slightly miffed about having experienced one of her journals turning into a smiley exchange*

Thank goodness that h2g2 is loading - there are so many sites that take forever loading that I've given up on most of them tonight - is that Sasser (was that the name?) worm really that bad? *not planning on updating her Windows 98 at home for some time yet)

Oh - and I discovered that the anti-virus programme at w*rk updates itself every 6 hours now...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 100

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Day one is done and over. Twas a good day.

My little goddess is not feeling well, she has had a fever on and off for the past couple of days, nothing to warrant a doctor's visit but, it is rather annoying.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more