A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 21

Afgncaap5

*Enters while wearing what looks like a more formal version of his Standard Adventurer's Gear, proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that blue capes can be in style with or without the threat of Nabiz hanging over everyone's head*

Lil! When I heard that this was going to be the 4th Anniversary of the Atelier, I just couldn't help but peruse some of CLI's old security camera footage. And you'll never guess what I found!

*Holds up a VHS marked "(First) Conversation At Lil's Studio". As he does so, a robot that seems to be little more than an auto-portable VCR enters behind him*

With the help of Tape Player Alpha here people can see the Atelier's humble beginnings!

*Affy puts in the tape which begins to show the events of F3269?thread=46395 for all to see at their pleasure*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 22

Afgncaap5

*Realizes that the tape isn't even in the player right*

Wait a minute....Hey, you're not tape player alpha! You're tape player BETA! BETAs can't play VHS! Alpha, get in here!

*Alpha enters and Beta departs. The tape shows F32669?thread=46395 *


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 23

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Drags in his beanbag, puts it in place and then disappears back outside.*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 24

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Returns wearing a blue pin-striped suit, tan trenchcoat (bulging on one side) and fedora.*

Looks good Matina


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 25

Titania (gone for lunch)

*floating in wearing one of her favourite dresses; a dress in dark green velvet with a close-fitting bodice with long sleeves and a deeply cut cleavage exposing her...

...elf emerald on a silver chain, of course (shame on you!smiley - winkeye)...

...and wide flowing skirts reaching down to her ankles*

Impressive work Amy - that was one of the best sum-ups I've ever read!smiley - applause


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 26

SE

I didn't show up here officially until the 2nd conversation but i was poking around in the earlier ones as well, when all of the float business was about. Talk of Ben & Jerry's Icecream and art soon were afoot.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 27

SE

*wonders if anyone heard him through his facemask, which he donned in order to prevent RCC - residual cilantro contact*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 28

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

What was that SporkE?


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 29

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*after getting a refill of champagne, and waiting for the repast to arrive, Lil wanders back (although in a corsetted dress, "wandering" is more like a stately slow advance) into the hallway to look at the clips from yesteryear*

Affi, isn't that something to hear Irv remarking on whether the thread was getting to long after what we now regard as three or four LED's! Newer salonistas wouldn't understand that at all, how the threads used to be a single monolithic thing...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 30

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I wasn't here at that time but, I remember other threads that were like that. Like at the Church of the True Brownie.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 31

U195408

*tips hat toward Lil*

Thank you ma'am, you look lovely yerself.

*grimcaces slightly*
Matina, a ginger ale would be wonderful.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 32

Afgncaap5

I was noticing that too. The threads've certainly gotten longer over time.

Can you imagine how many conversations we would've had by now had we kept them that length?smiley - wow

Also, note that in the very first thread you can see me failing to be the first to the new forum....it's a tradition that has a long history....


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 33

Mrs Zen

*Greensleeves is flirting madly and slightly precariously, with every man in the place. She is particularly struck with Marv's tux and hair gel.*

Sorry about this, folks. She heard their was a party and there wasn't any way of preventing her from coming along. For the goddess' sake don't buy her any drinks, or she'll start doing old Ella numbers very very badly. That's if she has gin. Give her scotch and she thinks she's Tina Turner, and that is a thought to scare children lying in bed nights.

2000, eh? What a long time ago it seems. I joined in August 2000, so I just slipped in pre-Rupert, but it took me ages to find my way to the Atelier. I made a couple of false starts before settling in here regularly. It must be - what - 18 months or so ago now? Can't be much more than that, surely.

B


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 34

FG

::with her mosquito bites good and scratched gets up to wander the Salon resplendent in a perfectly tailored white-tie-and-tails tuxedo with black silk top hat and silver-tipped ebony cane::

Matina, more smiley - bubbly please!


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 35

Coniraya

*enjoys a glass of smiley - bubbly*

We all look rather splendid smiley - smiley


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 36

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Don't we though? I feel slightly silly, actually, but then again, how often do we get to dress like this? *indicates her dress and heels*

And would you look at how well the men clean up?!








smiley - winkeye


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 37

soeasilyamused, or sea

I'm sick again. I hate being sick. I don't remember having been sick when it was this hot before. It's about 100 degrees here, and it's heinous. Sick and hot is not the way to be.

And I have finals this week. smiley - ill


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 38

Hypatia

*arrives dressed in formal Hillbilly attire - a too tight, floor-length, black v-necked sheath showing ample cleavage, a casually draped black lace shawl, 4 inch stilletos and enough jewelry to make an impression.*

Champagne please, Eleven.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 39

marvthegrate LtG KEA

What? You mean like this?
http://marvthegrate.afraid.org/pics/wedding/pete/marvsisandben.JPG

(me and GDZ for those that are not aware).

Sea, get some rest and something cool to drink. I like iced tea, myself.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 40

Ivan the Terribly Average

*enters, a little sheepishly*

Hello everyone. I haven't exactly dressed for the occasion, I'm afraid, but I thought I'd drop in and wish the Atelier a happy fourth birthday. No smiley - bubbly for me; I've got to go and do things. But *indicates glossy black boots which have a motif of random text* I now have a pair of backlog-leaping boots, which I adapted from an old pair of seven-league boots I found at the back of a cupboard in the shed. I might be able to get here a little more often wearing these.

Lovely outfit, Hati!

*exits again*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more