A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 121

Mrs Zen

My sister has just sent me the following website, which I think is pretty cool. http://www.sundog.clara.co.uk/atoptics/phenom.htm

In particular, the photograph of the moonbow is amazing. It took me a while to realise that it is photographed *towards* the sunset.

B


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 122

Hati

Nature is the greatest artist, methinks.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 123

Z

*goes awh over the small cat pictures which is always a good thing*

Good news about the stepson Ben, smiley - hug Mmmm Thai food smiley - drool actually there's a Thai take away here, I may pop into sometime when I can't be bothered to cook!.

The lovely Amy invited me to the Atlier, I'd lurked before but had always been a bit reluctant to join in, and I was too shy to get involved in chat threads.

I'm not feeling in the best mood with my Dad at the moment, other peoples parents have to support them through university, all he has to do is fill in a form to say that he's got no money. Simple enough you would think, but he's taken so long to fill it in, that it means I won't get my support in time, so I'm going to have to extend my overdraft I think..


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 124

Phil

Me and MC were looking at that site the other day Ben. This was after we'd been out and ended up seeing a couple of sundogs and a halo. I managed to impress MC knowing what it was called and that the sundogs were symetrical. (you'll have to see MC's journal entry on the subject for a description - F27467?thread=412578 )


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 125

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Lentilla, Athena is actually the Greek Goddess of War and Wisdom.

http://www.mythweb.com/gods/Athena.html

Here's a quiz doohickey. Looks like I am Athena, ironically enough.
http://quizilla.com/users/truly-dippy/quizzes/%3F%3F%20Which%20Of%20The%20Greek%20Gods%20Are%20You%20%3F%3F/


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 126

Hypatia

I'm Morpheus.


Chico smiley - cat is better. He is putting his foot down a little. So we have upgraded to limping from hopping. Now he is sneezing. Probably something he picked up at the vet's. smiley - cross

*samples the cheese rolls*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 127

Titania (gone for lunch)

Seems I'm Morpheus too - but the quiz felt vaguely familiar - have we done it before?


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 128

Coniraya

Morpheus here too.

There was a quiz for Whihc Womble Are You? But I can't find it.

Pilates wasn't too bad, but she reaffirmed that it will get tougher, but nothing we can't handle with some thought and a little effort smiley - erm

I think I must try some of Wolfgang's World Famous Fried Chicken with some Wild Mushroom Potato Gratin and Vegetable Stir Fry.

I'm relieved to hear that the Stepson is settling in to his new abode, Ben.

Also tha Athena has shaken off the virus, Zomnker smiley - ok


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 129

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - cool
First things first…
smiley - run
{B4 races back to where Hypatia has sat patiently in mid-air since the floor show, proffers his hand, and lets her step down so she can make it to the ‘real’ banquet tables.}
smiley - erm
Sorry, Hypatia. This continuity thing just seems to trip me up. Um… [aside] You could have stepped down by yourself, but thanks for letting me show my chivalrous side. [/aside]
smiley - biggrin
Next up…
Morpheus. ‘Nuff said. [Don’t ask me why, I don’t even feel like I need to cruise down the river of dreams.]
smiley - sleepy
Lastly…
NOTE: This is an answer to Lentilla’s question about my ootrrayzhuss oxends. The rest of you can just skip on past this…really! Wouldn’t hurt my pride any at all.
smiley - laugh
[TJ] It goes like this, Lentilla. I showed up on HooToo in November of 2002. Sadly, it was the same year our dear Douglas N. Adams passed away. If I'd been a little quicker to relocate this site after Iceland, I might even have had opportunity to interact with him, as some other "HooToo Aborigines" may have had chance.
smiley - biggrin
[B4] I blundered around from thread to thread for a while as a new Researcher. There were a couple of interesting ladies chatting about the H2G2 television series (which I've not yet seen), and they kept mentioning the actor portraying Ford Prefect. In particular, they were enamored of his stunning blue eyes. I thought to myself, "Hey, frood, you're a shoe-in for this, as you've got stunningly blue eyes AND a particularly disarming grin, as well." Thus started the Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse Beta persona.
smiley - bigeyes
[B4] I wandered the threads some more and happened upon the Atelier. The conversations struck me as cogent, salient, cultured, humorous, ribald (at times), and any other high-brow descriptor you care to hang on it. The personalities here were (and still are) very accepting of newbies and will happily integrate anyone into the Salonista fold who cares to socialize and mind their netiquette. [I’ve been forgiven my occasional social ‘faux pas’, including my unintentionally “stretching the screen” on an earlier thread.] Somewhere in there, the folks here got tired of typing my full moniker and shortened it to B3fB2. I toyed with that for a bit until I saw the possibilities of dropping the “Beta” and playing off the pun of B4.
smiley - yawn
[Furr Purrfikt] Yeou arre borring the lady to tearss, B4! Get to the parrt about yeour outrrageous accent! Neverr mind. Let meow explain. Jusst about that time Lil wass hossting A Massque @ (F38024?thread=221059&skip=0&show=20), and d’Elaphant wass playing the parrt of Insspectorr Clousseau. The accent d’E used musst have ssparrked ssomething in B4’s pssyche. Shorrtly thereaffter, he got involved with ssome ffantassy rrole playing games hosted by Yar Kramer (F65214?thread=224325&skip=60&show=20). He generrated the purrsona yeou ssee beffore yeou, as well as hiss sside-kick, known as Baileywick. Without even conssulting meow, he rrolled maiy charracter overr into the 2002 Holiday Pantomime, The Motherr of All Goosses @ (A904961), as an off-sshoot called Purr in Bootss. Next, time he triess it, maiy agent will litigate sso ffast he won’t even have a ssatchel to keep hiss play scrripts in!
smiley - cat
[A very LARGE Induhvidual] Beg pawdon, Mum, but I could not help over’earing the commotion. I can vouch that Mr. B4 has taken some uncommon liberties throughoot his stay at the Atelier, but none so much as when he made a right nuisance of himself during the Panto. My Mawnager gave me strict instructions to keep a shrewd eye on him, and keep him in check. Aside from making a complete shawmbles of the Concession in the Lobby, I’ve had to deal with his disregawd of the rules against flash photograwphy during our production, and had to rein him in for disturbing the rest of the Awdience. His one saving grace, in my eyes, was when he inawdvertently trawnsported me into the Ffordeian Rift where I experienced a bit more elbow room…
smiley - biggrin
[B4] Yes, but that whole tale still hasn’t been written to a conclusion. Heck, it really never got off the ground, did it? (F38024?thread=275560&skip=20&show=20) I bet Hypatia is wondering when it’ll move along to include something substantial in the storyline…
smiley - erm
[take a Gander at this…] QUACK! Quackity-quack-qua-quack! (As insubstaantial as the charaacter he made me, just to help rescue the Ugly Duckling from the upper plaatform of The Wild Ride in the Paanto! Why I agreed to appear in his stead aand take the heat off him is beyond my recaall! After aall, he’s the one who neglected to waatch over Ducky to ensure the poor little fledgling made it safely to the end of the play! (F107682?thread=232296&post=3315998#p3315998) He’ll have to aapologize profusely to unruffle my feathers over thaat whole debaacle!)
smiley - peacedove
[Toasty the Snowman] Well, at least you were able to keep warm under all those feathers. When I messed with what seemed like a harmless little item I found in the back of the haywain, while Fetching the Goo Spruce (F38024?thread=355779&skip=0&show=20), I got turned into this caricature of myself.
smiley - snowman
[Wood Sprites of HooToo Forest]
smiley - fairy #1: why complain you big lout
smiley - fairy #2: at least you thawed out
smiley - fairy #3: we were left just flitting about
smiley - fairy #1: after saving a wagon of salonistas you know
smiley - fairy #2: outside the atelier in the snow
smiley - fairy #3: vice becoming tree ornaments and a bow
smiley - cool
endingthediatribeB4ichoketheBeebserver


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 130

Mrs Zen

smiley - rofl

Me, I just used my real name with a tag to explain my gender. These days I only really interact with folks who know me, so there isn't any need to explain what I am.

Oh, and I am Aprodite, which is somehow not very surprising and a little disappointing at the same time.

B


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 131

Mrs Zen

Wandering around quizilla, I discover that my inner child is 45 years old! smiley - yikes

B


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 132

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Aphrodite, and then when I filled it in with the alternate answers for the ones I had trouble deciding between I ended up with morpheus.

Love or dreams *sigh*


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 133

Hati

I'm Morpheus, too.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 134

logicus tracticus philosophicus

{LTP}poisidon. As to LTP well first choice was http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/classic/F123082?thread=272935&latest=1 where upon i was badgered by an airies then later changed to LTP amy lill mel and tangoe will inform you who i am named after ,also known as leigon. Like weather pics though will admit do see some remarkable sunsets from kitchen windows(over the pile of unwashed crockery) ., same with winter sunrises ,a awe inspireing sight on occasions


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 135

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*savoring her entrée*

smiley - star Little Gray not only has no known pedigree, she is a prison escapee! She arrived in Cille's garden with sundry infections and several broken teeth from trying to gnaw her way out of the cage in which she was being held across the street; this was when our neighbour had fancied opening an animal sanctuary and simply allowed horses, dogs and cats to arrive without any medical screening or proper accomodation. Cille refused to give the kitten (as she was then) back to the neighbour.

smiley - star Yes, one blue-sky hypothesis was that Billy was a transvestite. This is partly because the ~erroneous~ touch-up of Billy ignored the suggestion of a scarf or sash under the holster and instead gave him wide hips. Also, some contemporaries reported that he had a high voice -- something which can easily explained by the fact that he was only just growing a beard by the time he was killed. Late puberty!

I've aced the Figure Drawing class, but won't know about watercolour for another fortnight. Tonight we're not meeting at the regular time but attending the reception for the student art exhibition instead.

God, I suddenly have so much to do IRL...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 136

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


...the erroneous touch-up of the one known photo (tintype) of Billy...


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 137

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*emerges from a guest room wearing a white linen trouser suit with subtle white embroidery, jewellery made from polished wood and feathers and expensive-looking platform wedge sandals*

I'll be avoiding dishes in tomato sauce, for obvious reasons smiley - biggrin.

I'm Morpheus and my inner self (http://quizilla.com/users/jsimner/quizzes/How%20Old%20is%20Your%20Inner%20Child%3F) is 10, which strikes me as being an overestimate.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 138

Hati

My inner child is one year old this time. Sounds fair enough.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 139

Coniraya

My inner age is 10 too, possibly due to wanting to be a Princess when I grow up, or Indiana Jones but he wasn't in the quiz.

Cassie has been out in the rain again, what is it with that smiley - cat? Her fur is beautifully soft, perhaps I should try it! There were 3 kittens in the pet shop today, one was still for sale a silver striped tabby who looked so cute. But as I've said before, one smiley - cat is enough for H.


6Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 140

Hati

Puppy smiley - dog Frida loves to eat cabbage. Weird creature. smiley - laugh


Key: Complain about this post