A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 221

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I think I'd rather be played by a character actress like Imogene Coca. smiley - smiley


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 222

Z

I can't think of anyone who could play me.

I quite like that fact.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 223

Afgncaap5

Hmmm....who would I want to play me....

*Tries to remember who was decided the last time this was discussed*

If he was in the proper age bracket, and had hair, Collin Mockrey could pull it off (I wonder if he's better known in the USA or in England. I know that he was in both the BBC and ABC versions of "Who's Line Is It Anyway?", but I seem to recall that he wasn't on the BBC version as frequently as he is on the ABC one).

Maybe The Unknown Comic.smiley - winkeye


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 224

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Affi, I think we picked you to play Alan Turing in Cryptonomicon. You would also make a good Isaac Newton in Stephenson's Quicksilver!


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 225

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 226

Afgncaap5

Is he the xylophone player? I seem to recall someone mentioning here that I reminded them of the xylophone player.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 227

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I don't know who I would be in a stephenson book, other than I think that I would make a decent Randy Waterhouse.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 228

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I would have to agree with you there Marv. Not sure who I would be.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 229

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 230

Hati

[Hati]
(celebrating vernal equinox)


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 231

Coniraya

Of course, the vernal equinox, that's why the forecast for next week is cold northerlies smiley - laugh. Serves me right for buying a sunhat to keep in the car ready for when it's topless (smiley - winkeye) driving weather!


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 232

Sol

I've always rather wanted to grow up to be Harriet Walters, so perhaps I could play her in the story of my life? Considers that sentence. Um.

Had to abandon the backlog half way through as the whole point of not using the internet is not spending too much time online.

From what I remember though:

B is coping fine with culture shock, it's me who is cross about everything. He quite enjoys going and winding up banks about their aracane opening an account laws. Have I mentioned this already? Yes, probably, but it is now reaching epic proportions. I am just waiting for them to say, '...and that documentation would be perfectly fine if only it was written in sandscript on pink (not blue) paper...' And when you bring that in '... and in Times New Roman font...'

See. I told you I was getting cross.

Ummm. smiley - hug for fg. Twit. The man is a twit.

Hi to Iron Maiden. Not that I was around the first time round, but nevertheless.

And there was more, but...


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 233

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I'm in agreement with FG - I wouldn't want to *be* CZJ due to the Michael Douglas factor smiley - yuk. And I'm very concerned about the news that Hypatia resembles Tom Jones. No one's skin should be that shade of orange smiley - martianfrown.

If CZJ isn't available I'd consider Nicole for the role. In fact in The Hours she looked very like me - even my mum said so.

Lil, I think I may have found us an apprentice F44441?thread=396931 smiley - biggrin. After recent disappointments I thought we might try growing our own.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 234

coelacanth

I'd like to apply for an exemption from lurking coupon if such a thing exists? I have real life backlog this time of year in the form of 2 large boxes full of coursework that needs grading and sending off to the exam board. All teaching over for the academic year soon though, so I'll catch up here then.

I once witnessed the same kind of think as Amy's scooter incident. However it involved my semi disabled ex mother-in-law smiley - bat a car and a brick wall. She had taken her automatic car to be serviced and asked me to take her to the garage when it was ready. I had a tiny toddler Sunshine with me so we stood and watched the smiley - bat get into her car which was parked on the garage hard standing. Now automatics only have 2 pedals so I can only assume she thought she was braking and when she wasn't, then she put her foot down harder and harder on the brake when she found she was still moving. Except it must have been the other pedal.

Poor Sunshine was very frightened by the noise of car hitting wall. The smiley - bat was shaken a bit but not injured and insists to this day that the garage had done something to the pedals. Hmmm. All I kept thinking was that Sunshine and myself had a very lucky escape as we could have been standing by the wall. The 75 yr old smiley - bat is still driving btw, so look out!

There was something else I was going to say before disappearing. Christopher Ecclestone?? Not my idea of Dr Who. He'd better be good!
smiley - bluefish


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 235

Coniraya

I think Chris Ecclestone will be a good Dr. He is a fine actor, I just hope they come with some more convincing villains than yetis in the underground.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 236

Chris Tonks

*Pokes his head through a door and looks around to see if the evil user numbers have disappeared.*

Uh, hello. smiley - blush

Sorry for my very brief appearance. University life, which I have finally entered, has so far had the effect of making me a little forgetful (perhaps not quite the intended effect), so I forgot to return to pick up the thread. Oops.

How are you all? I've read the summary posts for this thread and 68X, and daren't tackle the herculean task of taking in much more than that. However, I'd like to welcome any and all new salonistas, and welcome back Iron Maiden. Remember me? smiley - winkeye

I shall soon be catching my (first) train home for the Easter holidays. In contrast to the single train I needed to get me up here at the end of the Christmas holidays, maintenance work requires that I take one train, a coach and a further two trains to reach Winchester. The journey will probably take at least seven hours, and the changes are going to be particularly tiresome, as I'm carrying a heavy suitcase, heavy rucksack, second rucksack and a number of smaller items in my jacket. And what with the trouble with the A1 at the moment (has that cleared up yet, I wonder?), there will probably be a few delays and cancellations thrown in for good measure. My, how I adore the British transportation network. smiley - winkeye

Anyway, I shall disappear to grab some lunch. Lord knows I'm not getting any on the trains.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 237

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

my goodness, was that Tonks?!


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 238

The Iron Maiden

[TIM]

Oh, what an acronym... smiley - tongueout


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 239

Coniraya

Hi Tonks! Hope you have/had a safe journey home.

Some holiday photos:

http://uk.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/caerwynnuk/album?.dir=/c0d4


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 240

Seth of Rabi

... only Harrison Ford could do the part justice smiley - winkeye


Oh yes, Affy - have you ever come across Philosopher's Quest ? I never did get to the end of that one





Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more