A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 161

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I've got to go shopping too, there isn't a morsel of food in the house smiley - sadface. But I'm worried that if I step out of the front door I'll be blown away by the strong wind... and who knows where I'd land?

I love the Haiku's B4 smiley - bigeyes. I've got a grand idea for a graphic - see if you can twist Shazz's arm to request one.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 162

Z

My attempt to be good and not skive hasn't exactly got off to the best of starts. It's 10.30 and I've 'finished' for the day...


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 163

Titania (gone for lunch)

Nice picture in today's Editor's pick, Lil!smiley - ok

Finally friday! Now, if only the little birdies could somehow be talked into sleeping late tomorrow instead of beginning to sing at 5 in the morning outside my bedroom window like today...smiley - yawn


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 164

Hati

[Hati]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 165

egon

I much prefer Suvchet's Poirot to Ustinov's. Whenever I read a Poirot book, or listen to one of the audiobooks, my mental image is of Suchet (the fact that he reads the audiobooks might have something to do witrh it)


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 166

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - bigeyes
Amy, you would do that for me? Wow!
smiley - wow
Okay, I'll drop shazz a line and tell her you've been self-commissioned for a picture to go along with the haiku.
smiley - ok
This is *SO* exciting!!!
smiley - run
2post2shazzB4theexpirydate/time
smiley - cool


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 167

Phil

I did wonder if the two secondary articles would have made the front page on wednesday. At least this way they'll be there over the weekend.

ps those are two very lovely places that are talked about smiley - smiley


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 168

Z

[Z] Unusally quite what's going on?


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 169

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

One more full day at the post office. It was a long meeting last night, with more arguments about proppitty rights. smiley - groan

Thanks for the compliment, Ti!


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 170

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

[d'E]
[smiley - dog]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 171

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I love that Samoa picture (A2026982).

B4, shush! We're not allowed to take commissions. But if Shazz requested a graphic and I happened to be around... smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

I had an eventful time at the supermarket. I was just mooching about in Ladies Clothing - the bras were on special offer - when an elderly lady on one of those disability scooter things lost control of her machine, knocked her husband flying and ploughed into the bra display at some speed. Instead of stopping the machine she just pressed the accelerator harder and harder until she'd pushed nearly all the display racks aside trapping a number of other customers. Fortunately no one was seriously hurt although I think her husband was more damaged than he was letting on. She seemed totally unconcerned - it was very strange. Perhaps she'd blacked out. She wasn't even worried that her husband was lying on the ground. I'm not sure whether I've witnessed an accident or an attempted murder smiley - yikes.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 172

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[GDZ]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 173

SE

call me crazy but i swear i felt S E F's presence just now.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 174

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

[mr]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 175

FG

I think you did witness an attempted murder, Amy. Death by scooter.

When scooters are outlawed, only outlaws will have scooters. smiley - winkeye


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 176

U195408

that sounds awesome Amy, I wish I could have seen it...wantom supermarket destruction has a special comedic place in my heart.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 177

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - space
Amy the smiley - ant:
I whole-heartedly appreciate your volunteerism to do a pix for the haiku series. If I may be so bold as to ask, were you thinking of doing an over-arching single picture for the whole series, or would you be inclined to do five separate pictures? You see, I've written for each of the four seasons, plus "pushed the envelope" by attempting a set of "Industrial Strength Haiku", with a decidedly mechanical feel to them. I wanted to prove to myself that the 'Aha!' moment didn't have to depend on a pastoral setting to be effective.

Would you care to have the whole collection in hand (via e-mail or somesuch), to get the full flavor and tailor the pix accordingly? Give it some thought. Let me know.
smiley - biggrin
readinguponsonnetsB4istartsoundinglikeapsychophant


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 178

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - erm
[sorry] it's all me-me-me...[sorry] forgot to comment on the in-store scooter assault...
smiley - erm
Officer: "Sir, weren't you concerned after your wife bowled you over with the scooter and proceeded to bash the display stands?"

Elder Gentleman: "Of course not, Officer. She's done much the same with our car when she drives. Just off her medication, at the moment."
smiley - biggrin
consideringtheseriousnessofthematterB4igetoldenough2have2wearnappies
smiley - laugh


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 179

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - erm
You know, I'm starting to think I may be a self-absorbed prat with no signs of recovery. This posting will probably bear that out, as well. I mean, isn't my silly little "B4[insert pun here]" sign-off in *EVERY* posting kinda like "having the last word" in a conversation?! And I ramble on, don't I? No holds barred, I kinda fill up a screen with diatribe, not waiting for interaction, don't I? I've even been known to stretch the fit of the Atelier's screen boundaries, I've gotten so long-winded!

Where's Lucy Van Pelt?! I need to see if "The Psychiatrist is 'IN'"...
smiley - erm
B4















[It took everything I had *NOT* to insert a pun. Oooh, this is difficult.]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 180

Afgncaap5

Very odd mental images based on the supermarket sweep, if I may call it that.

Re: the previous LED - Titania, have you ever seen the IF Archive? Enough text adventures to last for years. Lots of great concepts out there (I'm a fan of the "Pick Up The Phone Booth And Die" series).


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more