A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 141

Hati

[Hati]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 142

The Iron Maiden

I'm off to bed now night night!


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 143

U195408

I loved that old prince of persia, MS-DOS game. At the time it had fantastic sword fighting, and there were puzzles - how to get around the castles/dungeon without falling to your death or landing on spikes. The sword fighting opponents had different styles too


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 144

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

[mr]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 145

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - cool
CAUTION: Self-Agrandizement Ahead!

I submitted my completed "Haiku for the Season" anthology a few days ago to The Post. Unbeknownst to me, they've taken the ball and run with it, evidently with the idea of parceling it out over a span of time. The first installment is here: A2436400

Thagyou...Thang-you-verry-mush...
smiley - biggrin
B4iexplodewithexcitement


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 146

U195408

Be four anyone else says anything...nice work B4!!!


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 147

Afgncaap5

Yes, B4. Very nice work, indeed. Oh, and love the reference to Zork in the previous LED.

What I wouldn't give for another Zork game. Either by Malamed or Meretzky, those are the ones I'd like to see a new one from the most.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 148

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

That's funny, I just happened to find 13 000 tons of rye in my back yard...

Prince of Persia is one of the few adventure games that I've ever finished. Maybe the only one.

I think trying to catch post 42 is fine, provided it doesn't get competitive. It's not the 42nd post that's annoying, it's all the jostling to get there. So I say let logicus have post 42 (if he can) as a new tradition, but no one else will deliberately try to get it or prevent him from getting it.

Hello KiltedJedi, and welcome back Iron Maiden.

smiley - dog


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 149

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - huh
As many of you may have already known, this string of haiku form a compendium that came to realization over one year's time, encompassing each of the four seasons in turn. It started about the time of the Holiday Pantomime when someone (with infinite wisdom) on the Atelier thread suggested it. My humble thanks, as this has been a labor of love in many respects, and very revealing in certain instances. There were a handful of them I was particularly proud of, because they built up to that special 'Aha!' moment in the last line so well. I look forward to sharing more of this kind of stuff with y'all in the future...compliments of the chef!
smiley - biggrin
Well, on to writing sonnets now...
B4theBritscornerthemarketonthem
smiley - rofl


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 150

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[lil]smiley - zzz


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 151

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

still revising...


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 152

soeasilyamused, or sea

[c]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 153

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well, tonight was the last night of my bowling league. No more bowling for 6 months.

It seems that a good friend of mine's little brother stopped at the scene of a semi turn over yesterday and pulled the driver to safety before the cab was engulfed in fire. I never really had a ton of respect for the lad, due to so amazingly poor choices he has made over the years, but today I hold him in teh higest esteem. Endangering yourself for another is one of the greatest things that you can do. He helped save the life of a man he did not know at risk to himself. But he refuses to accept the title hero.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 154

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Tonight was the culmination of 6 months work for my stepson. He and other 5th graders from the school district have been involved with the local ballet company. Tonight was their performance. I cannot beging to describe the amount of pride I have for my stepson right now. All throughout the performance, I was tearing up.

The performance itself used a lot of today's dance moves as opposed to classical ballet but, was still very good.

This is the same group of kids that performed for the opening and closing ceremonies of the Moscow-Utah games.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 155

Teuchter

[Teuchter]

Greetings Iron Maiden


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 156

Coniraya

B4, I loved the haiku, I could see the snow!

Prince of Persia, Sands of Time is the latest game, I haven't played any of the earlier ones. As the sons will confirm, I'm not particularly good at games were you have to steer the character around obstacles. Lara would never go were she was told to and I could only kill zombies in the Resident Evil games were auto aim was available! But I am a games tart and fall for pretty graphics and booming bass every time and rarely get around to finishing a game smiley - blush.

I have played a graphics lead Zork game, (the Grand Inquisitor I think) and also Myst and Riven. I am tempted by Uru, but at heart I'm still a Diablo and Forgotten Realms (Baldur's Gate and Icwwind Dale series) and prefer RPG games.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 157

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I'll take Quake, Starcraft, and Diablo II. I rarely play games anymore however. My machine will do it, but I won't buy them. I just like a great game, and it takes a lot for me to buy them.

Caer, if you like RPGs get Morrowind.


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 158

Phil

[p]


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 159

Titania (gone for lunch)

Nice haiku B4 - and dave summed up rather well why I like the DOS-version of Prince of Persia

I'd probably be more into 'flashy graphics' games if I had a computer that I could play them on - but at the same time I'm reluctant to give up on my pretty old home computer because it has served me well, and as long as it still works...

I think I like text-based games like Zork for the same reason that I like books more than films - I get to make up my own images, in my mind - because I *will* see images.

How frustrating it is too see the lead character in a film based on a book that you've read, if the actor/actress looks all wrong and nothing at all like the person you had pictured while reading! Like Peter Ustinoff starring Hercule Poirot...


69Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 160

Coniraya

But David Suchet makes a much better Poirot, I think.

We do have Morrowind, Marv, but I found it a bit slow in action. I shall give it another go now that my PC is sorted

I should really go to the supermarket this morning, but it is raining hard, I'm ~still~ feeling jetlagged and the store will be in it's usual chaos of half stacked shelves and crates piled high in the aisles waiting to be transferred to the shelves. It has really gone downhill lately, the indicator for a new manager.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more