A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 681

Hypatia

[Hyp]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 682

marvthegrate LtG KEA

[MTG]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 683

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

We have a surprising amount of snow on the ground, not because it has snowed so much but because it has been unusually cold for a long period. Normally it melts between snowfalls, but not this year. And I pulled a back muscle shoveling it because it was deceptively light and fluffy.

And I forgot to add my welcome to Rev. Paperboy a couple of times. Actually, your entrance into the Atelier was so smooth that I though you must have been here for a while, and I missed your welcome in the backlog.
smiley - dog


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 684

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

At the Grand Canyon, in the winter, there was often fog in the canyon. The Park Service used to post signs that said "no refunds if the canyon is not visible." I always found that quite amusing.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 685

Z

Teuchter what part of Scotland did you grow up in?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 686

Mrs Zen

[Ben]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 687

FG

[fg]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 688

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Welcome, rev. paperboy!
smiley - cool
As for the rest of you: Wait...wait...WAIT, dang it! The blog is growing too fast!
smiley - erm
{settles down next to rev. paperboy on the floor, his back against the wall, and heaves a typically heavy sigh}
Never mind. Just press on. I'll keep up somehow. Between work at the power plant, on-line college courses, and living life with my family, I should easily be able to juggle the Atelier thread and some e-mail...
smiley - erm
Right?
smiley - winkeye
B4iuse2manysmileysagain,huh,Lil?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 689

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - huh
Hey, rev. paperboy, can you play Greensleeves?
smiley - erm
Which reminds me... Welcome to the chanteuse of the same moniker.
smiley - tongueout
Not to be confused with Witty Moniker.
smiley - laugh
Okay, it's official. I've been up too long, used my grey matter too long, and been smiley - online2long. Y'all have a splendid evening, or bright clear morning (depending on your GPS location), and I'll catch up again with more blather...
B4long
smiley - run


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 690

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

[mr]


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 691

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

My stepson is performing in the opening cermony for the Moscow-Utah Youth Games. Tonight was the final dress rehearsal. I attended as it is the only night I could see it without paying for a ticket and dealing with a large crowd.

The show was great. I was very impressed with the job these kids have done (stepson is 10) and am very proud of my stepson in what he is doing (dancing). He has committed a lot of time and energy to this and has given him something positive to focus on.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 692

LOOPYBOOPY

B4..do you work along side Homer at Springfield Energy?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 693

Afgncaap5

*Sighs and checks his watch*

Well, I should probably get to my homework. "Working" isn't gonna read itself. Or *will* it?

Hmmm....


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 694

LOOPYBOOPY

Afgan...make a start..that's the hard part..rest is easy!


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 695

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]
*I'm working on a good topic, just have to flush it out a little*


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 696

LOOPYBOOPY

End of cold snap in the UK. This maritime climate is a bore.
I remember when NOKIA was not famous for mobile 'phones. No tyres were a mainstay of that name.

The best winter tyres on the planet. They were called HAKKAPITTAS and they were brilliant. Made in Finland...brilliant. Never punctured, easy to stud and lasted a long time.

Ten times more useful than a mobile 'phone. Any one know if they still make 'em?


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 697

LOOPYBOOPY

Moderaton "team"...there can only be one of you...bet you were out last night too. This delay is ridiculous!


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 698

BryceColluphid

Hello, everyone! Just popped in to say hi, will probably pop back out again.

Welcome Reverend Paperboy ! We do try to be civilized in the Atelier, that's one of the nice things about it !


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 699

marvthegrate LtG KEA



Home from bowling tonight. OK scores,165 153 133, but I only won one of the games. Normally I would not mind losing a series to someone else, but my team is currently in 3rd place in teh league. It is the best we ahve done as a team since I started bowling about 12 years ago. I would really like to see us do much better than tonight. We got chewed up by a team that is only marginally better than us in average.


66Xth Conversation at the Atelier

Post 700

BryceColluphid

[BC bends down and carefully unties his tied-together shoelaces. He looks at Styx the rat and winks. Then , retying his shoes properly, straightens back up]

Thanks for the warning Marv !


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more