A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1521

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC


smiley - rofl That's not a Christmas movie! Not exactly, anyway.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1522

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Well done, Coely! smiley - bubbly

*sits in front of the fire drinking a mulled wine with added cointreau*


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1523

Hypatia

I'm getting ready to start my Christmas baking. I've decided to give food gifts to my volunteers and staff this year. And since the city guys were so helpful during our move (that's sarcasm folks) I'll take some cookies and fudge to them. The police department is across the street, so if I take goodies to the public works department, I'll have to take some to the police. And if I take some to the police station, I'll have to take some to the fire station or they'll write me up during our next inspection. And if I'm taking to all of them, the folks at city hall will be miffed if I don't take a tray in there.

So I have 12 small trays and 6 medium trays and 4 large trays to make. smiley - yikes Then there are the neighbors to fix for and I said I'd bake an earthquake cake for the staff food fest Tuesday.

So, it's rum for the pound cake, a shot of rum for the cook. Bourbon for the whiskey balls and bourbon for the cook. Brandy for the eggnog cake and brandy for the cook. This is going to work out just fine. smiley - biggrin


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1524

Bald Bloke

smiley - bluefish
Could that be "the life of baldbloke"


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1525

Styx the Rat


*bounding in from other rooms*
*stops and shakes*
*sawdust flying in all directions*

Styx says movie is Life of ABBA heh heh heh

*jumps on Ripley stomach tickling*
*jumps off scampering to butlers hatch*
*gets fresh crumbs from cinnamon bun plate*

*jumps back down and going to Ant Lady* Got no magic for Ant Lady health, sorry


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1526

Coniraya

I have never worn Doc Martens either, or white stillettos come to that, although I am more fond of girlie shoes than heavy boots.

I have been manouvered into organisng the family get together in a fortnight. I shall start phoning restaurants tomorrow in the faint hope of finding somewhere.

We shall be spending tomorrow afternoon in Basingstoke, nephews and niece are in the Ice Show there.

Want a ginger snap biscuit (or cookie), Styx?

*places one on her footstool*


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1527

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Styx, have you been in the woodshop?

I've never worn DM's, but I'm considering going and getting a pair, since you all love them so much.

Caer, now that no2 son is moved out, does that mean you're an empty nester? Snd if yes, are you reveling in the freedom, or is it just weird?


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1528

coelacanth

Thanks for the smiley - bubbly and congrats. smiley - smiley I shall be mulling some wine in a couple of days when I have friends over. I make it in my slow cooker, with brandy and orange juice. Have you made your own Amy, or just bought it?

Maybe the Life of baldbloke doesn't quite qualify as a Christmas film, d'e, but close enough. smiley - smiley ("He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!") Sunshine got through one of the questions in her classics exam last year by remembering the "What have the Romans ever done for us" speech.
smiley - bluefish


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1529

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*picks the crumbs out of Styx's whiskers* Don't worry about my health, Styx. I'm going to get better next year smiley - smiley.

DMs are essential to life, MR, although I've never owned a purple pair, which I now realise is a serious omission on my part.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1530

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1531

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


*brushes the sawdust out of her hair*

Z: it is SALON, not SALOON. SALONISTA, not SALOONISTA. There is a huge difference between a saloon, which is a bar, and a salon, which is a formal drawing room. From now on you will pay me one Moxon for every time you make that typo.

( smiley - winkeye )


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1532

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Oetzi,

In answer to your Christmas Sunday wish, I would like to extend an amnesty to you regarding my former recommendation that you be ignored.

Only accept this if you can likewise assure us that you will stop the derisory stuff, the , the sexism and that ilk. You got off on the wrong foot here by very noisily flouting the standards on manners. I am willing to accept that you have a rougher sense of humour than we realised, but you didn't give us much of a chance to get used to it. We are NOT all the same, truly, but netiquette gets us through the difficult parts every time, I believe.

Understand also that I don't control the other salonistas, and they may have a more difficult time getting over their anger, so not everyone is going to talk to you at first. Time will tell, OK?

And if you start detracting from the conversation rather than adding to it, the same sanctions are likely to apply.

So. Welcome again, Oetzi. Please check A304354 ; it will tell you a bit more about the atelier, and there is also a link there which you may find very useful, to lots more about the atelier, with a floor plan and all. I would be grateful if you could try to fit in a little instead of making fun of our RPG (role-playing game) tendencies.

Somebody, isn't there a dictionary of H2G2 vocabulary? I seem to remember we contributed a few terms to it. Oetzi may find it useful to look over that and find out what we mean by LEDs and so forth.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1533

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Coely, sorry. I forgot you there.

DMs. Now, given my foot, I think I'll have to pass on them for a bit (just to see what the doc says, mind you). Do they make them in olive green or rust brown?


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1534

Sol

Well, B and I went to the works Xmas do yesterday...

... and got sooo drunk. I don't know what came over us: he almost never drinks ever, and I don't drink a lot these days.

Si we have spent today feeling deservedly miserable and taking it in turns to throw up. Which was probably more info than you really needed.

I used to wear DMs, but they are useless on snow and ice: soles must be made of plastic or something. No gripping power at all.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1535

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Which is to say, Coely, that I meant to congratulate you, but didn't...

that's just too confusing.

Sol, if they don't work on snow and ice, that would explain why I've never owned a pair.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1536

Sol

Well, that doesn't explain the Salt Lake City thing, though. Maybe they have special US cold weather DMs?


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1537

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I find my DMs to be good on ice and in snow but then with global warming the climate in here is approaching tropical.

The best things in snow though are what my mother calls my army boots. I got them from the Clarks factory in Somerset. smiley - smiley


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1538

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Rats like a good chew at the old leather too....


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1539

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Oetzi, tells us about the animals you keep. You have dogs, I believe. Have you kept rats?


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1540

Z

Lil I'm terriblely sorry. smiley - blush *puts one Moxon in Lils swear box*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more