A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1501

Mrs Zen

Well, these are green DM shoes, which I have had for about 10 years, maybe a bit more. I have a pair of purple boots, which I love, but am too lazy to wear a lot. I think I will have to replace the DM shoes though. I'm not sure about buying another green pair. I love them, but maybe red would be cool. I could be like Moira Sherer.

We bought some cool cristmas lights for the balcony today. They are perspex rods with air bubbles in, and an icy blue lightsource at the top of each rod, so they do look remarkably like icy blue icicles. Very cool and fab.

Then we went to my friend Carole's and borrowed her spare Christmas Tree. I doubt I'll do it tonight though. I just want a Bacon Sarnie and the Sunday papers at the moment.

B


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1502

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

Oooooooohh... Green Docs.... smiley - bigeyes


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1503

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Shame DM had to leave Devon. Worn DM boots for the last 10 years everyday. Think they've gone to Far East because of labour rates. A lot of the retailers that I use have let go. We have sever good Scots manufacturers that have jumped in. Heels to high for me though.
Makes me top heavy..like Noddy.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1504

GreyDesk

DMs - done 'em all over the years. I got my very first pair when the Stranglers were singing of 'No More Heroes', and I've never seen a reason to change allegiance since smiley - smiley

Actually I probably can't change. I'm sure my feet have grown up Doc shaped.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1505

Z

I'm feeling vaugly warm and happy inside in a sort of festive way.. I've changed my skin back to Goo. It's nice having so many saloonistas online at once. I'm also revising but not in a panic, which means I can read around the subject and actually learn it, rather than just memorise facts that I don't really understand.

Marv, I havea to confess that Pop Idol is a british atrocity, much like empire. Yes we are responsible for Simon Cowell. American Idol is a US version of Pop Idol rather than the other way around. smiley - blush

But in defence of british TV it was not the BBC that were responsible for this! And at the same time there was an excellent documenty on the history of britian on channel 4. This evening there's a interesting looking documenty on old masters, and Louis Therox's investigation of Nazi's in America. I'm a bit of a fan of Louise, mainly because he bears a strong resembelence to my youngher brother.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1506

Toccata

My friend had bright orange Docs, She used to alternate with her blue docs until she eventually switched and had one foot orage and one foot blue smiley - laugh


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1507

Z

smiley - laugh I shall have to buy myself some more Doc on the auspecious day when my student loan arrives.

Are their any Saloonistas who don't

A Drink real ale

or

B Wear Dr Martens?



63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1508

Mrs Zen

Don't drink any kind of beer at all. No beer, no ale, no stout, no lager, no, not me. Rum, since you offered so nicely, and coke, for me!

smiley - winkeye

B


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1509

coelacanth

If it's the right phrase to use, Z I'm looking forward to Louis too. But right now I'm watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail with my 2 teenagers. Like Ben, I do feel that the younger generation need exposure to these things.

Being on holiday is nice. It's been a long term, what with house moving and then school inspection. The report is out. My own teaching was described as knowledgeable and lively, which is all anyone could ask for really. They even liked the General Studies especially my guest speakers.
smiley - bluefish


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1510

Mrs Zen

Well, in my case the Stepson has been raised mainly in France, so my mission is to give him a crash-course in UK culture by the time he leaves me next summer. So we will be watching The Queen at 3.00 come what may! And I forced him to watch Blue Peter, wicked stepmother that I am. Oh, and we are going to the Panto in January. smiley - jester

B


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1511

Z

*offers Ben a Bacardi and coke* I'm a Barcardi and coke drinker when their is no real ale on offer. I've drunk it since I was 14 because my Dad advised me that it was the sort of drink that few underage drinkers choose. smiley - biggrin

It's nice having term over isn't it? smiley - biggrin I'm glad your inspection went well.. and Monty Pyton and the Holy Grail is fantasitc smiley - wow I love that film.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1512

Mrs Zen

I need to get some Monty Python for him for Christmas, and I am going to get some film noir stuff for us too. The Third Man, The Maltese Falcon, The Big Sleep. Yummy yummy.

*slurps Bacardi and coke gratefully*

I used to drink an 8 year old Bacardi which was a truth serum. It got me into a lot of trouble but it was worse for the guy I was drinking it with. He was still telling the truth at work the next day...

B


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1513

Z

smiley - yikes how long did that bottle last for?

Some student Unions are still boycotting Barcardi over here, but no ones quite sure why anymore, fortunatly mine isn't!

I haven't seen any of those Film Noirs? though I'm a bit of an ignoramus really when it comes to old films I onlly started with the cinema in 1999, back at home going to see a film was almost logicistally impossible.

I'm revising Rhematic fever, diagnosable with just a stethoscope and cureable with antibiotics, nice proper medicine. And nearly irradicated in the Uk..


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1514

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have worn out three pairs of DM three hole shoes.

Did you know that Utah is the largest per capita consumer of Doc Martens?

On my way o church, will be wearing my DMs.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1515

Phil

I think Austin Morris was talking about M1, the Crab Nebula, a supernova remanent in the constelation of Taurus, rather than M1, the multilane highway, that goes north from Staples Corner to somewhere just the other side of Leeds.

Never yet owned a pair of DMs


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1516

Witty Moniker

I've never owned a pair of DMs. Can't say that I'm missing anything, either. Do they make any that slip on? I hate lacing shoes because I'm always kicking them off at the first opportunity.

Congratulations on the good report, Coely. smiley - ok


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1517

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC


I've never worn Doc Martens either, but now I'm starting to feel left out. I could use a new pair of shoes, maybe I'll give them a try.

Z, there have been a few Salonista's that do not drink at all. There are all types here.

Congrats on coming out well in the smiley - aliensmile report, Coelacanth.

And now I have this mental image of the M1 being a much longer road than it probably is. It explains how the smiley - aliensmile gets here.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1518

Deek

Oh dear, my apologies for sowing confusion with my earlier post. A word of explanation is in order
Phil, myself and a few others have been looking for Messier objects over the last year. M1, The Crab nebula, the first on the list has eluded me. I was up late last night trying to get a good sighting but to no avail.
smiley - erm I blame it on lack of sleep myself.
A.M.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1519

coelacanth

No real ale for either me thanks. 2 pairs of DMs in the house, neither mine. I have such tiny feet that I think they would look odd. I just buy them.

We're now settling down to watch the film that was marketed in Sweden as "The film that is so funny that it was banned in Norway!" Any guesses?
smiley - bluefish


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1520

Z

The M1 motorway runs from London to Leeds, and is one of the first to be build in the. The M1 in the crab nebula sounds far more interesting.

I'm sorry if I've made assumptions about everyone, I just tend to find at meets that we all have more in common than just an addition to h2g2.


Key: Complain about this post