A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1481

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Home from the hills... It was another warm night, but I got to help set up a fan gun and turned it on and then off as it was spewing water and not snow. Other than that, I spent an hour or so talking to one of two girls who work in my department.

Time to grab a bite to eat, and then sleep must come as I am getting up early for church in the morning.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1482

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Where'd Styx go?

I am currently listening to Johnny Cash's "The Man Comes Around." Might I say that it is one of the finest albums I have ever heard, and frankly, I think everyone should own a copy. He was an amazing artist.

I know I should go to bed, but I am rather enjoying the fact that I don't have to get up early for the next three weeks!


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1483

Coniraya

{[caer]}


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1484

Mrs Zen

Cinema ticket prices here are a fiver plus, Z, in the local Odean. Plus-how-much depends on time of day and the show. The Freaky Friday ones are £5.60. I have been trying for 12 weeks to get the Stepson to get his NUS card so we can get discounts on things. He has a morbid fear of authority, which will unfortunately bite him in the bum in this over-regulated world.

The rest of the twenty quid was to cover some sandwiches, (we hadn't had breakfast and by then it was 3.00pm and we'd done the marathon clean session), and cigs.

Off to borrow a tree now, and maybe buy some lights for the balcony, and some decorations for the flat itsel. My preferred form of decoration is actually holly, and I am hoping that Stepson will get up in daylight, so we can go and scrump some. Otherwise we will have to do that tomorrow.

Supermarket shopping. Sunday before Christmas. Why me? Why now? Why this?

B

PS - I have worn a hole in the end of one of my Doc Martens - is that a first?


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1485

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1486

Deek

Hi there.
A.M. smiley - smiley


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1487

Phil

Ben, most people I know who are DM wearers will wear them till they fall appart. Then go out and get another pair and complain for at least 6 months that they don't fit like the old ones did by which time they'll be tryly broken in and fit like a glove.
The xmas party was fine. Interesting trip home mind.
Hello Austin smiley - smiley


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1488

Z

Oh dear, well he'll need to get over any fear of authourity, but maybe he's just not confident in this country? I do find that if I'm staying or travelling with a friend who knows a country very well, I become completely dependent on them. I leave all tasks to them. But if I have to travel on my own then I can just deal with it.

I had a housemate who I lived with a couple of years ago who was too shy to deal with anything offical, he would never make a phone call to the gas company or anything for the house. He just thought that all he had to do was write a cheque out when we asked for it. But when we all refused to live with him again, (due to his increasing tendancy to consume small bags of white powder) he seemed to be coping. He now has a one bedroom flat on his own and has had for a few months.

I think that's how much Odeon tickets are here as well, but I've always got the student consession .


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1489

Deek

Hi there Phil.
I'm a late riser this morning. Up 'till 3 am last night hunting M1.
No luck yet though.
A.M.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1490

Titania (gone for lunch)

[T&R]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1491

Z

Austin Morris is the M1 particually difficult to find? I mean it's an enormous traffic jam? hardly an elusive creature?

Ben Doctor Martens are brilliant, I used to get through a pair a year. But owning two pairs of shoes confuses me to so now I stick to one pair of smart grown up shoes at a time.

I still have the trainers I got for free when I was 14, before Lancashire abolished school uniform grants. I got them shortly before I started flatly refusing to partipate in PE.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1492

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I found my blue DMs when I was looking for my potting compost the other day smiley - weird. They'd been missing for a year and I could figure out what I'd done with them. But can I find blue shoe polish anywhere?


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1493

Z

From my year in metallic purple DMs I discovered that clear shoe polish can work very well. Also shops suppling DM boots usually have a vairity of shoe polishes in stock.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1494

Gw7en, Voice of Chaos (Classic)

I absolutely adore my red Docs. I need to get more, though. Isn't that always the case?

Had to get up early this morning to drive into work. I crashed last night in Killeen, which may have been a mistake, but oh well too late now.

You know, menfolk are hard to figure out sometimes. smiley - winkeye

So, Austin, found the M1 yet?

*sips smiley - tea*


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1495

Candi - now 42!

About 7 years ago I had a pair of holographic silver DMs... I used to hear admiring comments from kids in the street! Unfortunately, I wore them to death within about a year and I don't think they make them any more.

My last pair were red patent and didn't fit me very well even after 6 months! I may get some more at some point but they're not as easy to find as they used to be, especially the vegetarian ones. smiley - sadface


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1496

Coniraya

AM has gone out for another search, presumably.

Odd sort of day here. With No2 son deciding to move out yesterday the smiley - xmastree was postponed till today and I now find myself decorating it on my own, sober smiley - yikes

H is just getting started on his Crimble cards. Every year I swear I am going to get him to sit down and do them in batches from the beginning of November for me to post at the appropiate time, but it never works. Rather like trying to get him to take all his annual leave for the year.

The new headboard looks nice, now to change the wardrobe doors and the drawer fronts on the chest-of and it is entirely possible we will have a smart looking bedroom.

No2 son let me loose with his glue gun and the door wreath is looking rather good. I have also had a go at glueing the retainer for the shelf front of the fast freese section in the freezer, but I haven't tried it yet to see if it has stuck.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1497

Toccata

smiley - puff

Backlog! Wheeze!

Went to a do last night, Didn't leave till 3! Didn't Have a hangover smiley - biggrin

But I stuck to one type of smiley - ale and that seemed to do the trick smiley - smiley

Cleaning, smiley - erm I think there is a duster somewhere smiley - winkeye

Christmas Films! definately the Alistair Simm Version of Christmas Carol and Wonderful life is smiley - cool


Oh And Muppets Christmas Carol, Rizzo is brilliant "Light the lamp not the rat!" smiley - laugh


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1498

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

[LIL] Meeting this morning


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1499

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

[Baldric]


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1500

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Here we go with the snow folks!
N Pennines UK
15:30 Sun
Snow Forecast North and Scotland
Moderate to poor.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more