A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1441

Titania (gone for lunch)


Styx, nice to see you around again... *hands the handsome rat some cherries to dunk*


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1442

Styx the Rat


Redhead Lady broken? *comes over and gnaws on crutch*

Styx thinks men's egos be death of planet


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1443

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

You and me both, Styx. Don't gnaw too much, dear, it's aluminum, and might hurt your teeth.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1444

Oetzi Oetztaler....Anti Apartheid

Might be live too...barbecued rat!


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1445

Styx the Rat

heh heh heh
5000 year old corpse making jokes about Styx

Styx lurking everywhere


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1446

Witty Moniker

Hiya, Styx! It is a great pleasure to see you back in the salon.

I just got back from seeing Return of the King. Aside from being a bit numb in a certain area, I quite enjoyed myself. Mr. Moniker thought the teary bit at the end was too long, but I thought it was appropriate.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1447

coelacanth

I have to say I'm with Mr Moniker on that one. I'd rather have had less of the Hovis ad* and then they could have put in Christopher Lee.

(*Hovis is a brand name for a loaf of bread. Their ads in the 1970's were nostalgic "those were the days" soft focus scenes from Yorkshire village life, set to Dvorak's " "New World Symphony".)
smiley - bluefish


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1448

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Haven't seen it yet, but am going to go next week sometime. Just me, myself and I. I like going to movies by myself. That way, I don't have to deal with people like my mother, who ask questions all the time. Drives me bonkers.

Hey, all, if I could so humbly ask for your input on this entry...A850330

I wrote it over a year ago, and recently came back to it and revised it a bit. Let me know what you think.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1449

Afgncaap5


I liked the article MR, but I feel that I'm not enough of a historian myself to really comment on it beyond the fact that it felt informative and well presented.

On a side note, does anyone know how to properly configure an Inform IF Compiler Program on a PC? I can't get this darn thing to work....


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1450

Mrs Zen

There was something wrong with that A-number, MR, it didn't work propper.

The Stepson's verdict on the new shower is that is is "cool", which is praise indeed. (Did I tell you his definition of "cool"? "A human radioactive isotope with a half-life of ten years." Now that *hurts*. Though he thinks I am cool. I cannot for the life of me see why, but which I feel flattered by it, which is annoying.)

I am glad he likes the shower. Makes it all worthwhile somehow. He hadn't actually reached the stage of Foul Old Ron where his smell was leading an interesting and independent life of its own, but he had gone more days without washing than I cared to admit to his father. Ben the domestic slut, again. smiley - winkeye

smiley - hug for Caer.

smiley - bubbly for MR.

Very late smiley - gift for Titania.

Anyway, he is out buying cigarettes, and then we are watching Casablanca. I am making sure that I take good care of his cultural education. Are those Turners still on, Z?

Oh, and Ben's Stepson seems to cover the bases, no? I am still trying to get him on here, but until I do he might as well be called that.

B


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1451

Afgncaap5


Ah, Casablanca....the best Humphrey Bogart film that spends most of its time in a Cafe in Africa.

"I'm shocked, absolutely shocked, to discover that Gambling is going on here!"
"Your winnings, sir."
"Oh, thank you...."


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1452

Z

Ok Ben I shall refer to him as Bens stepson, A also said that he thought that you were cool. I don't think that he's got defination of it himself.

I'm sure their are ways in which you can wash without actually having a shower. I hope that their are.

The Turners are indeed on Ben, I took A on Sunday, but he didn't said he didn't really "get" figerative art. I find that the one at the Baber, which is concentrating on his early seascapes though only has a few Turners, the rest of the gallery is very good, and you usually get an entire room in the gallery to yourself. I almost get annoyed when they are other people looking at My Art smiley - winkeye. I haven't been to the exhibiton of his works in the Gas Hall in Birmingham city centre yet, but they are still on and I rather fancy going if you fancy a slightly over keen person as company! Oooh and the Edwardian Tea room at the City art gallery is near the gas hall and does a rather nice cup of coffee...


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1453

Courtesy38

Hey Styx.

I just saw Return of the King. While a good movie, I have issues about some of the liberties Mr. Jackson took with the book.

Courtesy


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1454

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Yeah, but you knew that was going to happen, Courtesy. I mean, Shelob's supposed to be in the second book, and she doesn't show up until the third film. I'm just wondering if the ending's the same (no, don't tell me, damnit)


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1455

Courtesy38

I knew there would be some liberties as the entire book could not fit into a movie. I've had little problem with the storylines that have been modified or dropped in the previous movies.

However, the changes made to Return of the King were drastic enough to bother me.

Oh and it ends with .........


you'll get to see it smiley - evilgrin

Courtesy


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1456

Coniraya

Thanks for the smiley - hugs. Am having an early night, will feel brighter in the morning I spect.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1457

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Styx is an incredibly handsome black demon rat with stunning red eyes. He's much bigger than normal rats and very much bigger than me, which means I can ride in his backpack on adventures. smiley - biggrin

Michelle won Pop Idol, as predicted.

The Hovis ads were filmed in Shaftesbury, which is in Dorset and nowhere near Yorkshire.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1458

Z

What is interesting about how Pop idol and other programes which involve the public voting for a winner who goes onto become a celebrity. Is that groups of people who have a grudge about which sorts of people are held up as celebrites by the media, tend to vote for a contestent purely because of that.

For instance on Big Brother a lot of people voted for Brian purely because he was gay, as "wouldn't it show that we were a really tolerant country if a gay man won big brother" I was living in an "all queer" household that year, and we all voted for Brian several times because we wanted a gay man to win.

The same thing happened for Alex on pop idol. Up until now all female pop stars had fitted the hetrosexual males ideal of what an attractive female one, and Alex doesn't. Her appearence is basically what todays young lesbians consider to be attractive. Up til Alex there were no women fitting that relatity in the media. When she started to compete on pop idol most of the gay community (that I know) voted for her.

I suspect that many people voted for Michelle purely because they wanted someone who wasn't conventionally attractive to win. I think she's really attractive but I find women off all sizes attractive..


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1459

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Courtesy, I have a few issues with ROTK as well, but I was absolutly astounded at much of the film. Visually, it is the best film I think I have ever seen.


63Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1460

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

The Pop Idol calls cost about 25p and they had over 10 million of them tonight.

2.5 million pounds. smiley - wow


Key: Complain about this post