A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1041

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

I like Starbucks coffee. I wonder if there is some variation from region to region? It doesn't taste burnt to me. Coffee from Au Bon Pain tastes bitter and burnt, they sell a brand called "Ritazza", but since I have one right next door to my office I end up drinking it every morning, with something like 15 packets of sugar and 3 quarts of light cream in it. Starbucks gets one packet of sugar and a little milk.

You were right the first time, Z. Fish is plural. Or should that be "fish are plural?" I suppose it doesn't matter since fish is/are also singular.

Welcome Aeschlepius and Mr. Cyde.
smiley - dog


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1042

Witty Moniker

Hello, Aeschlepius. smiley - smiley Welcome to the conversation.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1043

FG

Courtesy's post reminded me that one must deglaze my pan with chicken stock in addition to the white wine and butter and add the tarragon *after* you take the pan off the heat.



Thanks Courtesy!



5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1044

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Bad beans are often made into "French Roast" which really means "Burn the hell out of the coffee to hide the taste of the bad beans.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1045

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Love the smell, but not the taste, of coffee. Just not something I'm into. Although I've worked in espresso bars, and can taste the difference between good and bad shots. Frankly, every time I've gotten anything from Starbucks, the shot's been pulled badly, and it's salty as all get out.

I've decided to do a foil grill. I've wrapped the chicken in foil packets with Ro-Tel (tomatoes and green chilies), a little garlic, and artichoke hearts.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1046

Z

Oh sorry I forgot to welcome Mr Cyde, I've been a bit stressed out, Hello Aeschlepis as well. Though considering I live with him that is pushing it a bit.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1047

Bald Bloke

Welcome to the newbies one and all smiley - smiley
Well thats Clyde and Aeschlepius but I may have missed some others.
It's certainly lively in here tonight (UK times)

What to do with the chicken
Black bean sauce with plenty of peppers and a side order of egg fried rice smiley - smiley


Rule of the week / year
Never attempt to catch the styrofoam cup of coffee you knocked off the table
Says a wise after the event bald bloke with a badly burnt hand smiley - sadface

Ouch
[BB]


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1048

Z

*ouch* indeed that must have hurt, how bad is it BB?

Are we talking one handed typing here? smiley - winkeye


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1049

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

[/LURK]
smiley - run
(B4 virtually flies through the room at break-neck pace, lets a small tube of Neosporin(R) tumble into Bald Bloke's hands in passing, makes a bee-line for the kitchen, sidesteps the serving bots, grabs a cup of java Matina just poured, slurps as he makes a U-turn, deposits the empty cup in the sink with one hand and yanks a napkin off a tray with the other, wipes his mouth and pitches the napkin in the trash, all the while maintaining his speed, waves to all the regulars on his way through the Salon, notes the new faces and hopes to meet them soon, takes a left down the hallway and disappears)
smiley - run
B4
[Uni o' Phoenix busy work bound]
smiley - cool
[LURK]


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1050

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

smiley - dog <-- happily chewing the homework B4 dropped on his way through


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1051

Hypatia

Hi Aeschlepius. Nice to meet you. smiley - smiley

What was that flash that just went through here? smiley - laugh Hey B4, can you leap tall buildings at a single bound?


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1052

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Hmm, I wonder if there's some sort of shorthand/ nickname for Aeschlepius. Not that it's a problem if there isn't, but you know, for my poor brains sake...

I just spent two hours looking for articles/books/etc on a research topic. YUCK!


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1053

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Crappy day today. Made better only by my aunt's Tex-Cali-Mex dinner. She is visiting from 29 palms, Calif, and it was great to see her again and to sample her vittles. I brought some home for a snack and for Bryce. Now I am going to go pick him up from work so he can enjoy it.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1054

Courtesy38

FG - you are welcome.

For anyone who is interested there is a great recipe site online .... http://www.epicurious.com

And of course there is always the Joy of Cooking.

Courtesy


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1055

Coniraya

I've added that to my favourites, Courtesy, although the last few days have been too hot to think about cooking 'proper' food, as opposed to frozen ready meals or deli counter meats.

I expect it was just my imagination but I thought US Starbucks coffee was weaker than the UK variant. But a truly good smiley - cappuccino is hard to find anywhere outside continental Europe. Excepting Matina's of course.

Anyone else finding hootoo acting up this morning?


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1056

Coniraya

I've added that to my favourites, Courtesy, although the last few days have been too hot to think about cooking 'proper' food, as opposed to frozen ready meals or deli counter meats.

I expect it was just my imagination but I thought US Starbucks coffee was weaker than the UK variant. But a truly good smiley - cappuccino is hard to find anywhere outside continental Europe. Excepting Matina's of course.

Anyone else finding hootoo acting up this morning?


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1057

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - bluebutterfly]
[<¤o¤>]


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1058

Phil

Not been acting up for me so far today (about half an hour).
Hello all the new people who have come along, hope you enjoy your stay smiley - smiley


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1059

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

[Amy]


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1060

Sol

Hi Aeschlepius and Mr Cyde!

I am too old to go back to school. The application form wants to know the examining boards of my GCSEs (and I must have this info on my GCSE certificates, but they are almost certainly burried under 15 years worth of (other) junk. Guess what my mother will be doing at the weekend), and also seems to want an exact breakdown of my course componants at Uni. Which probably only appeared in writing on the scruffy bit of paper they mail you to tell you you've passed. It's certainly not on my degree certificate. It's not that I can't remember what I did, but I can't remember what the courses were called. It's a bit like Marler's fifth symphony is will always be 'The Star Treck theme' to me, and Swan Lake will remain 'the Tchike', and Lutoslowski's something or other piano concerto simply exists in my memory as a picture of the score, and That B*****y Tavener Piece is never going to be remembered as anything else.

Not only that: they want percentages. That's Maths that is. I mean year one equals 25 percent of your overall grade therefore one componant of that equals how much?

I mean, am I particularly feckless in not having this info at my fingertips? But perhaps I am overstressing. I hate forms. They are assuming that every applicant went to uni after they introduced the credit system, I can see that much.


Key: Complain about this post