A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Welcome to the Atelier's 5DXth conversation.

After a marathon 4200+ post conversation we have settled back into our normal conversation lengths.
In our last installment we wrapped up the scores for the Geek Test with some unsual results. We also tested our hipster ratings.

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" was released, and was recieved with mostly favourable reviews from the Salonistas reading it.
Hypatia had some issues with her library's webpage.

Much cleaning of houses has been done, for some to prepare for appraisal, others just normal cleaning.

Many of us have had various issues even reaching the site with a couple of theories being thrown around to try to determine the cause.

Courtesy38 believes his brother is lurking, and we are trying to drag him out of the woodwork.

A study regarding shyness was released, but the consensus is that more study is needed.
ddombrow returns to the salon, along with Chris Tonks and Serephina.

CIPA was discussed along with ways for the enforcement of it's provisions.
Hypatia is interviewed for local TV with the normal munging of the interview by inept editors.

Some of us have been arrested or detained, and we learn who has been bad in their past smiley - winkeye

The National Do Not Call list brings tears of happiness for USian salonistas.

A number of our number were able to meet up at the summer meet, making the rest of us green with envy.

The author of this post underwent both food poisoning and the flareup of diverticulitis, but is on the mend.

A sword-weilding man went postal in Southern Califonia, too close to some of our friends for comfort.

A couple of musical festivals took place with reviews from our ranks.

The Unaus found a bit of sugar goes a long way in the dance.

Amy's nest is under seige as the council tears up the street again. Hopefully this time they will fix the problem permanantly.

The american national holliday is celebrated by a trip to the beach and by getting some rest.

Heat is the topic of discussion as many of us find our towns in a heatwave.

We discover that the conversations have had over 50,000 posts. May we always be erudite!

Frank, Hypatia's husband, gave us all a scare with a trip to the hospital. We wish him a quick recovery.

GL returns only today to find our normal backlog.

And Finally, Boots joins the conversation. Welcome boots!


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 2

Bald Bloke

[BB]

Interesting http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=10492

Not knowing the US paper market where would USA today sit relative to UK papers.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 3

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

BB, I don't really know which paper USA Today would compare to. It certainly isn't the Sun, but it isn't the London Times, either. It's very colorful, full of little snippets of news that often don't say much. However, it IS fairly well known for being conservative, and a little heavy on news for the investor/business traveler.

I personally don't like it, although my grandfather, a hard-core wealthy conservative, loves it. I prefer the LA Times, myself.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

*mumble, grumble*

Congrats on being the first to the new forum, BB!


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 5

marvthegrate LtG KEA

USA Today is a nationally distributed newspaper that is even sold at McDonalds counters. It has a huge readership and is not known for deep news articles. But the fact that so many people will read this is heartening.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 6

FG

USA Today is the rice cake of newspapers. It exists, it's just not filling.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 7

Bald Bloke

T
I snuck thatone in under the wire, I refreshed the Atelier intending to post it to the old forum and noticed Marv had just opened the new one
Oh well thats only my 2nd ever FTTF mug, Thank you Matina. smiley - smiley

I've seen the odd copy of USA today left lying on a train seat presumably left by a tourist and it struck me as an overgrown version of the metro, (free daily paper) but with more pictures.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 8

Z

Another new conversation? wow this is fast.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 9

Phil

It worked!
I got offered the job smiley - biggrinsmiley - wowsmiley - cheerssmiley - bubbly

Now to wait for their HR to do that side of it and I'll be working again for the first time in 18 monthssmiley - smiley


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 10

Titania (gone for lunch)

Congratulations Phil!smiley - hugsmiley - cheers


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 11

Witty Moniker

Yay, Phil!!! Congratulations smiley - bubbly

Has it really been 18 months? smiley - yikes It doesn't seem that long to me.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 12

Courtesy38

Congrats Phil.

Congrats BB.

Oh, I KNOW my brother is lurking. Whenever I talk to him he brings up conversation topics that we are currently discussing.

He freely admits to lurking, the lurker. smiley - smiley

Courtesy


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 13

Garius Lupus

Woooo Hoooooo! Way to go, Phil! What excellent news!

(Still reading backlog and now, frontlog too)


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 14

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

I don't think I'll ever get a mug smiley - sigh.


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 15

coelacanth

Well done Phil!!! smiley - bubbly
smiley - bluefish


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 16

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Cheers Phil!

Frontlog, is that conversation that has not happened yet?


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 17

coelacanth

While I'm posting not lurking, can I ask if the Panto has actually finished? Is it time for the curtain to fall?
smiley - bluefish


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 18

Titania (gone for lunch)

Hem, hem, hem... now that GL is back, trawling through the backlog, I think we might expect to see one of the missing actors showing up...smiley - winkeye


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 19

Coniraya

My failure to win an FTTF mug is more than compensated for by your good news Phil! smiley - hug

Good intro Marv smiley - ok


5DXth Conversation at Lil's

Post 20

Bald Bloke

Phil

Woo Hoo smiley - ale

Glad to here it mate

[BB]


Key: Complain about this post