A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 101

FG

Now I'm intrigued. I have to pick up a copy of The Citadel. Does anyone else here have relatives in literature?


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 102

Witty Moniker

Yay, Marv!! smiley - boingsmiley - boingsmiley - boing

smiley - bubbly


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 103

Trazeus

Lil - Glad your foot is feeling better. Yes, knowing what the problem is and how to tend it is nearly as much relief as the cure.

Titania - I love the sound of demonic laughter in the morning. It sounds like vindication.

Ben - Throwing things into the Grand Canyon might get you a ticket at best. I like your fire under a starry desert sky option. Letters torn in to strips down the length of the page, fed little by little into the fire, incantations optional and personal.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 104

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Congratulations Marv. I'm looking forward to the full tale.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 105

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Yes, marv, me too!!!

Ben, do not, I repeat, do not attempt to throw anything into the Grand Canyon. The fine is huge...back in the mid-1990s it was something like $5000. And no ex is worth that.

Had a bad day yesterday...I was wearing a sweatshirt with Greek letters on it, and I while I don't mind the "what sorority is that?" question (it isn't, it's an honor society), I was really hurt when some guy asked me what FRAT I was in. I didn't say much to him, but when I brought it up to a couple of male friends, they said "but you are sort of one of the guys," and seemed puzzled as to why I was so upset. Okay, I admit, I am not the most girly-girl out there, but I AM a girl, and frankly, it's pretty obvious. And sometimes a girl gets tired of being one of the guys.

So, any suggestions, short of transforming myself into some sort of hoochie mama? (Which is what one female friend suggested...but I don't like the idea of that much of my flesh being readily available to others)


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 106

coelacanth

Can I just join Titania in the jumping up and down thing. Nobody believed me either about the vending machines and the triangular milk you could get from them. Thanks Caerwynn!

Ben, I do remember reading about a UK journalist who wanted to know what to do with her wedding ring after a very short lived marriage. She tried to sell it, since it had been very expensive but would have only got the weight value. In the end I believe she shot it from an air rifle into a desert cactus on a road trip. So perhaps you could pulp and then make pellets from the letters?

MR, how about some really dangly earrings that you could make your trade mark? Shiny, very girly ones and a different pair for every day of the week. No flesh exposure required!
smiley - bluefish


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 107

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
MR:

First: Thanks for remembering 'Silverlock' for me. I bought it via Amazon and a small distributor (BellaBooks) got it to me in 4 days! I'm reading it as time permits, usually while I chauffeur my daughter around at o'dark-thirty in the mornings for her newspaper route. A couple of sentences here, a half-page there while she steps out of the car to deposit the news. Sooner or later, I'll have the whole thing read...
smiley - biggrin
Second: Don't sweat the 'misconception' your guy friends are laboring under. "Familiarity breeds...familiality". So they've adopted you as one of the family, kinda like a sister, perhaps a little easier to talk to. That's your persona. Do you really want to change it drastically? If you're comfortable with the level of attention The Guys are giving, do you really want to pique there (general) interest so they're hounding you? I don't know. Maybe the comment sat wrong with you at the time, but does it REALLY irk you to be considered a 'good friend' rather than a piece of meat or a prize to be won? I have the feeling the competition could be stiff!
smiley - doh
B4iputmyotherfootin
smiley - laugh


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 108

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

B4, that's rather the problem. It's not like I want to be hounded by men, but sometimes it gets annoying listening to them talk about the women that walk into work (did I mention I work in a pub, which probably does skew things a bit). I don't want anyone to slavish fall at my feet, but a girl likes to feel pretty every now and again.

The earring idea is out, by the way. I just can't do it. I used to, but they get all tangled up in my hair, etc. And I'm too old for that sort of thing.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 109

marvthegrate LtG KEA

No explainations have been offered but I am reinstated and I am back to work. Won't be able to do anythng till Monday as all my accounts are suspended too, but I am back.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 110

FG

Congratulations Marv!

::opens up a big bottle of smiley - bubbly and passes around the glasses::


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 111

Witty Moniker

Are these guys significantly younger than you, MR? Maybe that contributes to the 'buddy' attitude. They don't consider you as a potential sex object.

If that's the case, shame on them!


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 112

Coniraya

What a relief, Marv. I do hope that someone has the courtesy to tell you what exactly was going on. In the meantime, give some thought to making changes.

H had a text message from his dad to say that he had been discharged from hosp. but he didn't say what his diagnosis is. H will phone him on the way home form w*rk I spect.

MR, one way of having a slight change of image is to go to an expensive cosmetics counter and ask for advice on make up. You'll get a make over, tell them whether or not you wear much make up and are after a new day time or evening look. Then you buy the cheapest product they used, take a good look at all the colours applied, then trot off to a cheaper line and buy the items you want there.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 113

Courtesy38

Marv - congrats ... and I definitely want to know what is happening.

Courtesy


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 114

a girl called Ben

smiley - bubbly for Marv and for H then!

I have a better plan for the letters! The 25th August is the 5th anniversary of the day my ex first told me he did not want to be married to me. And by co-incidence I am spending that week in the desert at Burning Man. What better place for a bonfire and incantations? If the goddess gives me a venue like that it would be foolish in the exreme to turn it down!

smiley - fullmoon

Ben


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 115

Bald Bloke

smiley - bluefish
I do remember the triangular cartons and the machines, but having relatives who are dairy farmers, buying milk was not something we did smiley - smiley
I'm not sure of this but I seem to recall orange juice and other such things also being available in those type packs from the machines.

Ben
One of the few things I regret is that I have thrown away too many items from my past, is there anywhere you can lose them for a long time? until you can view them as a piece of history.

Marv
Thats great news, give us the details when you can.
Despite now being of mangler status I still pay my union subs on the basis that if the turd should should meet the expelair, I have the backing of the unions legal department.


[BB]
*you don't get me, I'm part of the union*


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 116

a girl called Ben

Well, leaving the guy has taken a long time, and I have kept a lot of stuff. I really truly am not going to throw everything away, I will keep a lot of the photographs - but love letters are so potent, aren't they?

I think I was hurt by his casualness about them.

Ben


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 117

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - cheers
Great, Marv!

My opinion: Lucy! Djoo got some 'splainin' to do...!
They need to be honest with you, just as you were with them.

B4
smiley - cool


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 118

Trazeus

Marv - WTG!! Keep calm and be Mr. Nice, then nail down work somewhere else. (Not Salt Lake City. Or any place in Utah) Take my word for it, make sure you have something solid to go to before you leave.

Ben - You're right. Never pass up a gift from the Goddess. BB may be right though, you don't want to get rid of everything. A picture or even a 'potent' letter might improve your aim on a dart board.

MR - Consider whether the source is worth the upset. Are these some good ol' boys that may not be the brightest bulbs on the tree? You might want to get dressed to the nines and go out on the town in a different town.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 119

Hypatia

Ben, I'd get rid of the letters. smiley - hug Down the road you don't want a mate to find them, read them and then assume that you must still have a thing for the guy or you'd have thrown away his love letters. Sillier things than that have wrecked relationships. Plus, I have a feeling that keeping them will cause you stress. It's like having clothes in the closet that don't fit anymore. Besides I really like the desert bonfire idea. smiley - smiley


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 120

Hypatia

Forgot to congratulate Marv. smiley - bubbly Glad there was a good outcome.


Key: Complain about this post