A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 61

Courtesy38

[{Courtesy}]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 62

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


I'm watching the BAFTA Awards. Any bets on for which film will win? Best actor and actress? I have to say, Stephen Fry is ~hilarious~! smiley - laugh

Foxglove apparently do well in shade.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 63

Hypatia

[Hsmiley - zen] wondering if when we finish this conversation we'll move to the 5Bth conversation. smiley - smiley

I didn't klnow there was an awards show on tonight. ~~~~~~~~~~smiley - run


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 64

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

That's right, and on up to 5Fth. You need 16 fingers to count on around here.
smiley - dog


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 65

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Yay! Daniel Day-Lewis is da man. And I am glad to see that Saul Zantz's final comments about the current US administration not only were left in the broadcast but received a standing ovation.

Hypatia, we do count in hexadecimal for conversations except that we skipped 6 in the count when I absent-mindedly moved from 49 to 50 instead of 4A.

And, in other news, I have been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. My Left Foot!

*hobbly sort of snoopy dance*


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 66

marvthegrate LtG KEA

Well, I won all three games of bowling tonight... That was good.

Still in the dark about work.

Did Day-Lewis win for Gangs of new York? If so then it was greatly deserved.

decimal to binary to hexadecimal conversion is one thing that I bombed on my CCNA test. Good tyhing I knew enough about everything else to make up for it.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 67

Mac (having trouble typing with a pug dog in his lap)

Packing to get on the road to Boston early, I just hope half my players (driving up from the south) aren't caught in coastal snow storms. It will be warm and sunny in Western NY again, since all the snow goes around me I'll have to head East looking for it. Wish me luck.
I'll be out of town after my convention, housesitting, so I might not be back here for another week.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 68

Hati

smiley - hug Ben

*facing the same kind of situation, decided to keep everything and write a novel*


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 69

Sol

'Luck, Mac!

One of the things that I tresure is I got to see Daniel Day Lewis in his Hamlet role a couple of weeks before he walked off. There am I sitting in the best seats (a trip with my Grandad) about ten feet away from the most electrifying performance.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 70

Titania (gone for lunch)

[smiley - orangebutterfly]
[smiley - space] *probably sneaking up on someone*


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 71

Coniraya

Ben, I too am at a (mini) crossroads, writing a book was going through my mind as well. Except that all my ideas seem to have been done rather well by other authors smiley - erm

H's Dad has been in hospital for the last 4 days, for tests. We should hear the diagnosis today, usual feelings about that: fearing the worst, hoping for the best, but at least once we know what he is facing, H's Dad can feel a little more in control.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 72

Sdiver (duece of clubs)

Marv, I really feel for you. I was working for the I.R.S. for a season, very good money but the commute (only about an hour or so) was killing my grades and I had to prioritize school first. I miss the money though. Anyway after I had gone on seasonal layoff my manager’s boss irked another high up and the retaliated by getting as many people from her department fired for stupid reasons as possible. (American Tax dollars at work people smiley - sadface ) After I got the call I talked to my manager, his boss, the personnel department, the H.R. department, the records department, and several others. No one would either take responsibility for the firing decision or tell me who could. At the time I was moderately ant-union, I felt they were anachronism in the modern workforce. I finally called them and right away my union rep had the form in question faxed to me and had called the regional manager and chewed him up. Apparently they are not allowed to fire people in non-work status. She really helped me out. I have completely turned around my view on unions. I realize this is all pretty unhelpful if you don’t have a union but it does show that the government also makes this kind of SNAFU and that if they can’t frighten into unquestioning obedience, they are very beatable.

Sad news one of our three rats died this afternoon. She was being more affectionate then usual but hadn’t shown previous health problems. I petted her for a bit then put her back in the cage to get them some more water. When I came back she had died. smiley - sadface Next pet we get will have a longer lifespan then rats. I

I would have posted sooner but tacking down some annoying spyware killed my auto login, and then I couldn’t remember my user name…


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 73

Sdiver (duece of clubs)

Trying to bypass the whole working for someone else thing and become a writer. Although I am finding out that that is as much work as comuting in smiley - smiley

(/ begin shamless plug)
I am however about a quarter of the way through my first novel, it is Sci fi and I would really appreciate comments on it...
(\ end shamless plug)

When I started trying to write I found that evrey idea I wanted to do seemed to have been done by someone else before. But after I just started writing my head began to fill with ideas. Now I have to empty them onto a notebook every so often or they slosh out of my ears at night and stain the sheets. smiley - smiley

Creativity is a skill like any other. the more you practice the better you become.


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 74

Toccata

Re the depression thing, I wouldn't pigeonhole to any great extent, it may have been more a comment on how the media / film industry portray the problem, and a comment on how the two films affected me.

Love different buildings, I did look into a few years ago having an oak barn built. You end up with a house looking like a converted barn, but built from scratch, so no preservation order problems. Trouble is, land is so expensive smiley - sadface

An oh yes, the house my great Gran was born in is in the Weald & Down museum. (The museum was used in the filming of the 10th Kingdom TV mini series)

Marv, keep fighting smiley - smiley


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 75

a girl called Ben

Good luck, Mac! And keep fighting, Marv!

The kittens are now about 11 weeks - I am getting them at about 13 weeks in a fortnights time. (Arrgh - expense - I have to buy litter trays and carry cases and all sorts of stuff).

They are British Blues. I prefer sleeker semi-long haired cats (Maine Coons, Norwegian Forests), but British Blues are much dumber and will be much better indoors. Because of that their names are 'Aitken' and 'Archer' after two prominent British Conservative (ie Blue-Team) politicians who were jailed for taking bribes and for conspiring to pervert the course of justice respectively. I expect they will be called something like 'fluffball' and 'nuisance' though!

I do actually have a plan for the love letters - tearing them into a thousand pieces and flinging them into the Grand Canyon - but I like the idea of burning them under a dark and starlit desert night too. I did think of keeping the thousand pieces and throwing them as confetti if either he or I get married again! I am good at spells. smiley - zoom

I am not looking forward to going back through the photos, but it should only take a couple of hours. I really do only want the very best, and not many of them.

Ben


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 76

a girl called Ben

Oh - and fingers crossed for H's father.

B


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 77

Munchkin

[Munchkin]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 78

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

smiley - hugs to everyone. I'm having a bad morning due to a pressure blip and tiring myself out going to the hospital yesterday.

smiley - ant


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 79

Phil

[p]


5Ath Conversation at Lil's

Post 80

Coniraya

Toc which house at the W&D? We go there regularly as we are Friends and like to keep tabs on all the changes. smiley - winkeye The Greyhound mentioned at least one thread ago is on the way to it.

I have often considered a book about my great grandfather, but A.J. Cronin beat me to it when he based The Citadel on him.

Marv keep battling, I hope you have at least some brighter news to start the weekend with.


Key: Complain about this post