A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

The Aroma Cafe

Post 101

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*improbably enough, underneath Red Dog and Garius*
*struggles to get free*

Help! I can't breathe! I've got fondue up my nose!


The Aroma Cafe

Post 102

H2G2's Meanest Cleaning Bot

*aghast at the stupidity if the IIEM - while learning to talk, it clearly hasn't learnt to think yet*

*four arms extract to unfold and pull down a big bag of water-proof SEP material over the IIEM to stop it from squirting various liquids in all directions*

*notices that the various liquids spilled all over the place are now someone else's problem*

*for some reason, this specific SEP field doesn't seem to cover humanoids*

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

*heads for the Red Dog/GL/Asteriod Lil mess with all four arms stretched out to grab them*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 103

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*trapped as the filling in a Lil-Garius sandwich can do nothing about the oncoming Bot*

Oh Oh !


The Aroma Cafe

Post 104

Coniraya

*from her vantage point in the rafters*

This is going to be interesting.


The Aroma Cafe

Post 105

Witty Moniker

Really! Do you think it can take on all three of them at once? smiley - bigeyes


The Aroma Cafe

Post 106

Coniraya

I expect it's an infinity capacity bot. smiley - ok


The Aroma Cafe

Post 107

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*imagines being cleaned together with Garius and Red Dog inside the bot and begins struggling so hard that the entire human sandwich slides near a table*

*grabs hold of the table leg*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 108

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Watches with interest*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 109

Amos the Ranchhand (and Driver)

*has been standing at the entrance to the cafe, near the bots*

*now tosses a bolt of plasma at the cleaning bot, trying to fry its circuits*

*turns to the bots* Why aren't you HELPING??? Didn't Eleven send you with us to HELP??


The Aroma Cafe

Post 110

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*grabs hold of the table leg as well and attempts to shove Garius towards the Bot*

Sorry ole Buddy but it's either me or thee and I'd like to hang onto my fur - I'm very attached to it smiley - winkeye


The Aroma Cafe

Post 111

Afgncaap5

smiley - groan Red Dog, I at least apologize when I make puns....

*Affy sets his OmeGauntlet to Snowzar set for five minutes, takes aim, and fires at the Cleaning Bot from the rafters*

Wish it wouldn't keep moving....if it'd just stand still for a few seconds then one of us might be able to get close enough to jump at it, open its access panel, push the exact three buttons in the correct sequence, pull the right switch, and get out of the way before it realizes what's happening.

Okay, maybe we wouldn't have the time, but it could happen.


The Aroma Cafe

Post 112

H2G2's Meanest Cleaning Bot

*sensors detect incoming bolt of plasma*



*one of the arms quickly lifts up the garbage bin lid which is so polished inside that it looks like a mirror*

*Will the lid stop the plasma bolt or even cause it to ricochet? And if so, in which direction?*

ZZZZZZZZZZZZT!

*meanwhile, the other three arms start tugging at one researche each, trying to pull apart the human sandwich*

VRRRRRR!


The Aroma Cafe

Post 113

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Red Dog's actions bring Lil closer to the table, and she hooks an elbow round the leg*

*sees the plasma bolt ricochet toward the rafters*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 114

Witty Moniker

smiley - yikes

*ducks*

Yo! Not good!

*The plasma bolt singes the ends of Witty's hair but otherwise passes her leaving her unharmed.*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 115

Coniraya

*ducks more by accident than design as she was ferckling n her pockets at the time*

Do you fancy a smiley - tea Witty?


The Aroma Cafe

Post 116

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Hides as best he can*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 117

Witty Moniker

No thanks, Caer. Not at the moment, anyway. I'm sure I'll want one once things calm down a bit, though.

What is up with those bots? Do you think they are in cahoots with the cleaning bot?


The Aroma Cafe

Post 118

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

*feels his tail being grabbed by one of the Bot's arms and in panic grabs hold of one of Lil's feet as he starts to be pulled out of the sandwich of bodies*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 119

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


*clings to the table with all her might*

*the table legs make a horrid noise as they are pulled across the floor*


The Aroma Cafe

Post 120

Titania (gone for lunch)

*desperately trying to think of a way to beat the bot while absentmindedly brushing some cheese fondue off her left sleeve*

*thinking aloud*

In the good old days, we'd drop a towel over its sensors from a point immediately above the bot's head - it seemed to have a blind spot there - and then we'd drop down out of the rafters, quickly push it back into the closet with joined efforts, and slam the door shut...

*looks at door-less closet*

*sighs*

Guess that won't work this time - unless we can find some other place to push it into?

*looks around*


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more