A Conversation for The CLI/STUMPED Mine

The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 1

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security

*a spiral stairway of stone winds downward next to the main service lift. Built to look intentionally gothick, it was originally created by someone known today only as the Banned Researcher. a weathered statue nearby, up to its waist in sand, is thought to be the Banned Researcher*

*the stairway ends in a large room, dark and echo-y, with mats of albino algae hanging from wires and bats nesting inside huge old speakers. The room, an ancient Moshe Pitte, appears to have no exit*

*behind a false wall at one end is something entirely different: a modern tiled room, well-lit, with a full range of highly technical-looking stuff arranged throughout*

*doors lead out of this central room to labs, bot-repair rooms, and corridors that quickly revert to rough-hewn tunnels leading away from under the complex*

*Chesworth, a handsome black female android, was once head of security at CLI, second only to Ampton in the bot heirarchy. Now she sits at a bank of monitors, watching the outside world through innumerable spidercambots. Behind her, CLIworkbots and securitybots go about the business of creating new spidercambots, patrolling the warren of tunnels, and tending the labs. This is the epicenter of the Resistance*

*little spiders have been following the progress of the intruders, scuttling up walls and under furniture, passing their impartial observations back to the Moshe Pitte*

*Chesworth pushes back her goo beret in an oddly human gesture, and turns to her Lieutenant, Eleven*

[assume highly shielded radio transmissions]
[Chesworth]::They need to find us.::
[Eleven]::But we can't go aboveground.::
[Ches]::Those are my bosses up there. They can figure out old Matina's garbling if anybody can.::
[Eleven]::I'll send a courier down to Rathome.::

*Chesworth nods and turns back to the monitors*




The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 2

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security

*Chesworth taps the counter somewhat impatiently, and then something like a smile crosses her face*

*pulling a keyboard toward her, she begins rapidly tapping out a sequence of instructions to her spies*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 3

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*stops at the top of the stairs to tie a luminescent inflatable squid to her stetson, then picks her way down the spiral staircase, which is actually a helix if you want to be picky about it*




The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)


Helix?


*follows the light from the inflatable squid, stepping very carefully*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 5

Coniraya

*finds herself at the top of the stairs and switches on the maglight attached to her carameliser*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 6

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


If it were a spiral it would get wider! smiley - silly


*advances cautiously* This isn't the way I remember it.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 7

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC

Hello, Ozzy-mandius. Is that the Banned Researcher? His nose has fallen off.
smiley - dog


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 8

dElaphant (and Zeppo his dog (and Gummo, Zeppos dog)) - Left my apostrophes at the BBC


And wouldn't a double-helix be more appropriate to a site powered by DNA?


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 9

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I think it would be.

*Following*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 10

Red (and a bit grey) Dog

cautiously follows eveyone else


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 11

Witty Moniker

*Follows the leaders down the stairs.*

I've never been down here before.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 12

Afgncaap5

I came here a few times. But I was always just a bit too busy with the experiments to really hang around for too long.

*Looks at the walls*

But I have to say, this place has weathered well over the years.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 13

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

I never came down here before.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 14

Coniraya

We came across a mosh pit with a bridge across when (for some reason that entirely escapes me for now) we went through the linen closet.

It must have been a different one, I don't think there was a spiral staircase. But you know what my memory is like.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 15

Garius Lupus

*Follows the others down the stairs into the darkness (which is now punctuated by a few dots of light). Peers into the darkness wishing he could see better. Suddenly remembers something.*

Hey, I can search this place for you!

*Changes into smiley - bat form. Flys around and around the huge room. Changes back into human form.*

Well, I "saw" where some old tunnels had been sealed up, and it appeared like there was no other exit, except I felt some small air movements over by the far wall over there. *points*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 16

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


This is where Mike introduced us to his new pet, Styx the Rat. I remember a bock of flats, I mean a flock of bats, swooping out of another tunnel when the music started.

*walks up to the opposite wall of the room* This wasn't here.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 17

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

*Walks up to where GL pointed*

This could be interesting.


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 18

Chesworth, Head of CLI Security


*Chesworth disables security alarms on the other side of the barrier*

*Eleven comes up to watch on the security monitor for the Pitte*

[Eleven]::A motley crew. It was always a motley crew, wasn't it? They never could accessorize.::

*Chesworth says nothing, just watches the progress of the posse*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 19

Afgncaap5

*Affy checks the wall*

Hmmmm....I wonder....this wall looks like it might be granite!

*Sets his OmeGauntlet to "Tricorder" and begins scanning to see if it is, in fact, granite*


The Olde Moshe Pitte

Post 20

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence


Refresh my memory. Affi -- don't I recollect you saying you had a spell for granite, or is that the orchids talking?


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more