A Conversation for Silver Sword - Heroville Town Square

FirstQuest

Post 81

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

Why I am a female Nerd42 but I think I have male like ways for example I don't mind getting dirty and I love fencing smiley - smiley


FirstQuest

Post 82

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] OK. On October 1st I am going to elect a new party leader unless somebody else wants to dethrone Kain earlier. He hasn't been replying, and part of the Party Leader's job is to help the Dungeon Master keep the game moving. Things have been kind of slow of late.

[DM] And this is going to be a pretty cool story if it can just keep going....

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 83

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

I agree it is slow smiley - sorry


FirstQuest

Post 84

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

no fault of yours. but can we take this conversation back to the Inn?


FirstQuest

Post 85

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] OK, it's October 3rd! Kain, we've had it with you! smiley - laugh

[DM] Nominations are in order for a new Party Leader. The PL should be able to post here at least once a week to make descisions for the party, and cannot know Nerd42 in real life, so Aargain, and knight42 are disqualified. Anybody else?

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 86

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

Me!


FirstQuest

Post 87

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Do you have a character? If not, you can get one at smiley - towelNerd42">F117258?thread=259633

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 88

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]I've been here all the while!


FirstQuest

Post 89

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

oh good! I wasn't sure whether we still had anybody listening

[DM] Glon has been nominated. Anybody else?

[Gribbley] Speech! Speech!

[Gandark] Be quiet!

[Gribbley] Gribbley! Gribbley! Gribbley!

[DM] When nominations are brought to a close, Kain would normally have a chance to make attempts to maintain his authority, but since Kain has been recalled due to not responding, he forgoes that privilage.

[Gandark] He might just get the Black Spot.

[DM] Do I hear more nominations or a move that nominations close?

wow, parlimentary procedure in a fantasy role-playing game. who'd have thunk it?

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 90

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Times up.

Glon is now the new party leader!

Kain disappears in a puff of smoke!

[Gandark] Hey, why'd ya do that?

[DM] Can't leave inactive players lying around. Anyway, Glon, investigate the glass lake, try to find the road again to get to the castle, or back to Firston?

some of you might be annoyed that the character gandark seems to be a puppet. that is exactly true - gandark is half NPC half player, and he has no rank and is disqualified from earning some of the things players are going to be able to earn later in the quest as the story develops. basically it will get cooler as we go along - hang in there!
smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 91

Aargain

congragulation Glon!! i hope that the game will go more smoothly now.

Aargain smiley - dragon


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 92

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]Oh good!, where are we going again?


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 93

Aargain

out of the swamp!smiley - ok

Aargain smiley - dragon


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 94

Aargain

i should say to the nearst inn.


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 95

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] Aargain just wants to be healed. He's smiley - injured
see post 90! glad you could make it. i was beginning to be afraid you'd have to be turned in to a table support also! smiley - evilgrin
smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest - Edge of Swamp

Post 96

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]Lets take a look at this glass lake!


FirstQuest - Glass Lake

Post 97

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] The party walks east onto the glass lake. Gribbleys temporarily dissapear.

Glass Lake
The glass lake is a perfect circle. The glass is unbreakable and the party begins walking across. Below is nothing but darkness, whether that means it actually is dark or that the glass is not transeparent no one can make any more than a guess. In the exact center, carvings have been made. They look strange. It is as if some half-objects and letters have been carved out of the glass; swords axes daggers whips wands staffs surrounded and covered with undecipherable elven characters. In the very center, there is a perfectly round/sphereical shaped hole about three inches deep. This is the only place on the lake that you can see lights coming from under the ground - merely shifting light patterns. The overall effect is extremely eerie. It looks like it will be dark within an hour. To the West you can see the thorny swamp area you emerged from. To the East is a small hut. To the North and South small mountain ranges make progress difficult.

[Gandark] There is something strange about this place. Good or evil I wish I could remember..... I have heard it's history once. Something about this carved out area being a seal.... an old man lives in that hut. He's mostly harmless, he comes into Firston not less than once a month and buys stuff.

[DM] What now?
smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest - Glass Lake

Post 98

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]Lets speak to the old man then come back. I want to be here over the night to see if anything happens


FirstQuest - Dungeon Master's Hut

Post 99

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] good plan.

The party advances, nearing the front door of the hut. A voice inside says to come in.

The old man in the hooded cloak! (see the front page)

[DM] Yes it is I - the Dungeon Master of this land, keeper of elements. Much I have to tell you this night. Darkness is sealed here, (indicating the glass lake) ages ago during the first of the Dark Wars all the goodly wise wizards of the land bound together only by their final despiration to defeat Darkness sealed him there. For Darkness had broken out of his first seal, that with which the Implementors sealed him in the First World which allowed life to spread across the Universe. His son rather, for he is held back still by their mighty command. The son of Darkness is coming quickly. His tower is under that seal of glass. His forces have dug tunnels to the surface afar off. Dark Dragons have appeared again, such as the one that now bears the Princess's amulet. Your task is to keep this land safe by vanquishing this evil fiend. Do not think you can escape this your task, for it is your destiny.

Lightning Halfling Ganark! Take this element ring. Let any friend of this cause wear it only once. Each of you who wears it will gain power by choosing their element. Lightning, Shadow Water or Fire.

With an element, characters can take on special abilities that do not come with their classes. For instance, a female Water Wizard can become an Ice Maid or a male Fire Warrior can become a Firebird Knight. But be careful, especially when choosing Shadow, for these elements can also affect your character's personality and go out of your control.
smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest - Dungeon Master's Hut

Post 100

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

I've just got to go for shadow!I can tell you play Zork

[Glon]Give me the ring!


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more