A Conversation for Silver Sword - Heroville Town Square

Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 1

Thorn

The small turf-hut adjoining the main-building towards the back of the hollowed out great-tree is where inventor Sharp tools around with making his madcapped oddities, such as the different types of explosives and also a few small gadgets.

It has a small pipe for the chimney, as well as a window that is at about ground level. The door to get in from the outside though is a bit recessed... into the ground; from a distance it is not so obvious.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 2

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

(Male Terren Lightning Warrior Jack Thunderbolt)
[Jack] Sharp, are you here?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 3

Thorn

*The door to get in creaks open with a bit of a theatrical delay partway-through as it does so*

There is a lit candle in a holder that casts a visible gow, over from one of the tables that has blueprints lying on top of it.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 4

Thorn

[Talking ghost-skull Old Herbert]: "Yes, why come in,- it's quite alright. He is in here,- I am blind though, so I can't exactly pinpoint where. Said he was expecting a guest coming. Suppose that you are said guest?"


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 5

Thorn

There are several piles of papers... some stacked high, others collected loosely, and a few posters diagraming various things tacked onto one of the walls.

Items sit on the floor against one of the other walls.

You can see a bit of movement near one of the piles, as there is writing going on and more paper appears to be added onto the pile.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 6

Thorn

: You can guess where mine is at, yes?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 7

Thorn

[Sharp]: *Pauses to look up for a moment from his study*
"Oh, hello there Jack. Yes, yes. Try not to mind Herb. He was my teacher in black magic back home. A curse befell him, that is why he is as you see him now. I bet you are here to see those flaming projectiles we had discussed earlier. Hold on for a moment or so, I will go get them."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 8

Thorn

[Old Herbert]: "Sharp is a bit addle-or-scatter brained you see. It is one of his weaknesses. He does not mind if his guests sit down. You can go and make yourself comfortable."

*Sharp is over at the other end of the room using a key to open a lock box*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 9

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

mind if my character visits too?

*knock knock*
[Gandark] Hello? Sharp? Are you in there?
smiley - towelNerd42


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 10

Thorn

: No, I do not mind Nerd42. Of course you may.

[Old-herbert]: "That voice sounds familiar. He is here right now,- fetching a box from a cabinet. Told me to tell anyone wishing to see him that. Promises to be there to see you shortly."

[Sharp]: "Ah, here we go. I kept it failry well locked and in back; wouldn't do for something like this to get set-off by mistake indoors."

*He sets a wooden box with beveled edges to its lid down on a nearby table.*

The wooden edges to the lid are fitted over a glass plate. This allows someone to look in without having to open it unless they want to.

"So, there you are Jack. You may inspect them yourself if you so do wish to. I just would prefer if it weren't indoors next to all these papers."

*Here Sharp laughs a bit*

"Oh, hello Gandark. What brings you to my workshop? Please, the two of you can feel free to sit down and make youselves comfortable if you would like."

*Sharp clears some piles of papers off of two chairs that are nearby*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 11

Thorn

: fairly, I had meant. smiley - sorry for/about the typo.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 12

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Well then Mr. Jack,- I've come up with two things to try as a means of rendering something extra-flammable. You may have noticed the small spot on the way over in the frontyard that had a scorch; the burnt circle near that one particular part of the path? I was working outside on them earlier,- so here you are. The first is a special-type of charr-cloth. It can be wrapped around something you wish to render afire. The second is in the small bottle next to where the first one is folded up. It is a kind of a liquid,- that is somewhat oily... a few special things have been done to it so that it is especially flammable. That part of the experiment was kind of dangerous,- as you can well imagine. You can pour that on something you wish to set ablaze."

*He produces a box of matches from one of his sleeves.*

"These will probably keep you until you can buy a flame-ring from Mr. LeRue. One of those would probably do better. It would allow you to cast fire on things at will,- working very nicely for igniting things you use either of those objects on."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 13

Thorn

[Sharp]: *Raises an eyebrow for a moment, then notices and lowers it.*
"Would either of you two like to have some tea?"

*fetches teapot from off of small-stove*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 14

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

[Jack] Ah, tea will do nicely. I see, now I know I am asking alot, but would there be anyway of designing a self lighting mechinism for these flames weapons?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 15

Thorn

[Sharp]: *Gets out some cups and saucers*
"Well,- I can make like a spark-maker... a 'striking plate', but I will need someone to procure me a decent size-piece of flint, and then to use a hammer to work some tin... yeah,- it can be done."

*Pours tea*

"It might cost yeh a little bit though, say maybe like twelve bronze, or twenty copper? Feel free to negotiate it up or down. This is the part of the deal I do most enjoy sometimes" he explains.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 16

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

[Jack] Will 10 gold do you? this is for the kings army remeber, I'll need many of these, and many of your flame bolts. also, if your treboches are in working order, we need to incorperate them into our citys defences soon.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 17

Thorn

[Sharp]: *Puts on his monocle to examine the coins*
"Ah, yes. That will do quite nicely. Yes, I can make these at a larger scale. This should cover the costs for some of that. Not to worry."

*Sets to work at making a striker plate*
"Not to fuss,- The trebuchet is still in it's second phase out of three. Perhaps you noticed the bit of scaffolding outside. That is a half-finished prototype. There is a working ballista over at the castle. Making a second one will only take a few days,- or even less, if I have some assistance."

*Nods*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 18

Thorn

[Sharp]: "I have sought out the council of LeRue from down the street, but apparently he is off somewhere,- doing something. I'm yet to hear back from him still. Shame, considering the yellow-mage would know plenty a thing or two in regards to metal. Here you go,- this is a striker plate. You grasp the loops in your thumb and forefinger, and then clasp it open and shut a few times. See how it makes sparks?"

*Hands it to Jack.*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 19

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

[Jack] Indeed, but could we apply this to crossbows or bows?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 20

Thorn

[Sharp]: *And he the mage doth smile a bit*
"... yes. there is a way to. I am glad you had asked."

*Thinks about it for a moment*

"The design will have to be a tiny bit different, to keep from setting the bowstrings on fire. Perhaps if it is done by using a tiny device that were to simultaneously make the sparks while ejecting some of the flammible liquid forwards. Hmm..."


Key: Complain about this post