A Conversation for Silver Sword - Heroville Town Square

Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 21

Thorn

There are five different clocks in the room. They are spaced relatively well/far apart from each other.

*Sharp take one down and smashes it open*

"See this stuff? The clockwork. Yeah. Maybe if it were set to be short, so that it was quick and timed,- using something like that..."

"...Any thoughts on that?"

*Then realizes he has smashed his clock and tries piecing it back together for a moment or so.*

smiley - blushsmiley - blush
"Oops. Well, if the part for launching the flammible stuff was to be spring-loaded,- you could attach it fairly easily to a piece of armor, like an arm-guard. Mssr. LeRue has came back, by the way... or so I have heard. Saw him just today, awhile earlier."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 22

Thorn

: And here, I had meant. Blasted typos. smiley - pirate Arrrgh...


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 23

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

[Jack] hmm... I see...

*Drinks his tea*

[jack] I may need to go see LeRue regarding armorments soon, I think the gaurds took away their weapons when they quit, so I guess its: Make an army, Train them, Arm them. ah well, it should be interesting. when you are finished with these prodjects in large scale, we shall talk money.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 24

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Alright then. Um, if you could also prithee be troubled to bring back a carpenter or two, if you may so happen to encounter any,- it's a good bet that that might speed up the process pretty well. I'd appreciate it, and your efforts would not go with an unmet reward."

*nods lacing his fingers together in earnest contemplation*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 25

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

[Jack] Carpenters, right, we shall see, I'll Check the market to see if there are any about


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 26

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Thank you, that would aide in improving production speed tremendously."

...
*Looks down again at the broken clock*

(Then quickly as though in defense of himself) : "Well, really though, five was simply too many. it's enough to drive a man mad. To have five different clocks all going off in the same room."

*A steam whistle goes off*
}smiley - whistle!{

"Oh, that means that my lunch is ready."

*Goes to get something out of the strange oven using large oven mitts*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 27

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] You know Jack ... you might think about recruiting some elementalists and thieves as sort of "special forces" for your military.
smiley - towelNerd42


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 28

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Er, you two gentlemen don't mind if I pause to eat then, even though it is in front of you? If either of you find yourselves hungry, there is a pantry to be found partway along one of the corridors in the hollowed out tree section to this building."

*Munch, chomp*
...
*Wipes his face with a napkin*
"It is important to remember,- sometimes in this sort of [a] business, to treat as guests the potential customers, at least somewhat. Seeing as how this is kind of,- a particular kind of a specialty job."

*Clears the mess of the broken clock to one side of his desk*
"Mr. Gandark, how may I help you? I am curious to know"


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 29

Its that Guy, from ages ago, DarksRevenge

[Jack] Yes, I am well aware and all ready have that planned Gandark. however, to find theive's that are likely to tell you who they are may be dificult. ah well...

*points out his two carpenters*

[jack] here you are sharp, i belive you needed these two.


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 30

Thorn

[Sharp]: (To Jack) : "Thank you. Alright, then, you two. How does pay at twenty copper a piece before, and then 15 each again after, or an additional ten bronze for each of you if I am, particularly pleased with the worksmanship sound? You know that woods just outside? Yeah,- here's what I need you guys to do..."

*Unrolls a sheet that has a plan depicted on it.*
"Yes,- woodcarving for siege engines. You fellows are bright, I have faith in you. The second job I will pay you five silver each as base pay. How does that sound to you?"

*Explains about how it is hoped to be done in three stages*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 31

Aximili

(Male Elven Shadow Elementalist Akak.)

Akak: *Looking around* Very impressive, Sharp. This is where you work?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 32

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Ah, hello Akak. Yes, you could say that. Thank you. It's where I draft out and construct the non-explodables mostly. The explodables have a special area on the roof of the tree for testing and also there is a blasted and charred spot outside you may have noticed over on the way."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 33

Thorn

[Sharp]: "The warrior Anole and I run this place together as a business partnership. Feel free to look around. You may touch a few things too if you wish, but I heed you kindly to please not break anything that has a yellow-tag on it. That's to remind me that it needs to be duplicated."

*Points out the part of the room that is full of a pile of prototypes.*


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 34

Aximili

Akak: Yes, I thought that might have had something to do with you smiley - winkeye. *Examines a shelf full of doohickeys.* What is the purpose of these?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 35

Thorn

[Sharp]: "[Do] You see that poster over there on the wall, the larger one towards the middle? That's for a new type of fireworks rocket, not even out yet. Different compartments, 3 stages. You can sandwich different layers of minerals to color the blasts and smoke that is left off in between the actual gunpowder sections to pull off an odd stripey or mixed-color effect."

*He puts back on his monocle.*
"If you see anything that you like, you can bring it over to me and I will explain it as best I can."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 36

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Clockwork sorters... kind of like a clock,- they pour out little amounts of various things. A few are cleverer,- and those can do a little simple task like carry a salt-shaker over from one end of the table to the other for you. That's what's over on the top shelf.

Below that is different kinds of slingshots and some other small launching devices."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 37

Thorn

[Sharp]: "Ah.. yes. Over there _would be a task I am working out to joint patent with LeRue who runs a business just down the road from here. It is for springshoes. For increased jumping. The problem lies in how to get them to only be springy when you want them to. Otherwise they are kind of hard to walk around in. I'm thinking of adding a little spring-ed latch to it,- and having a pullchain that loops about a finger of... the user's hand. When you want to do a powered-jump, just pull on it. That simple."

*A cookoo clock goes off nearby startling him by accident*
Eh-heh heh. ^_^;


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 38

Aximili

Akak: Fascinating. How did you train the little bird to call the hour? And how often do they need to be fed?


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 39

Thorn

[Sharp]: "I feed it bits of oil and grease every so often. The odd bit is that it seems to eat through its jointsa and knees. It's mechanical. Mainly carved out of wood, but with a few metal springs and gears."


Rx&Bombadier: Sharp's Workshop

Post 40

Aximili

Akak: Ah, I thought it was a real bird. No matter... How much would one of these cost?


Key: Complain about this post