A Conversation for Silver Sword - Heroville Town Square

FirstQuest

Post 1

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

** US News and Dungeon Report **
"Our correspondants report large weird thingies happening to the space-time continum, or something like that. Probably just the dungeon master's inn coming round again. Ho-hum."


FirstQuest

Post 2

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

The Inn of the Silvery Sword does come round again. Rather voilently in fact, somewhat like Dorithy's house that squished the Wicked Witch of the East. This is perfectly normal for the townspeople though. About every week or so, bold adventurer's come round to slay unfathomable evils, and the townspeople make quite a profit off them too.

One by one, the newly created heroes emerge. (maybe. some of them might just forget about it and order another pizza or drink.)
smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 3

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Kain] Where is this place?


FirstQuest

Post 4

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Townsperson] In the township of Firston.

(Are you trying to start the quest on your own? The people inside the Inn need a fourth person to start a quest at F117258?thread=259633&latest=1 . I suggest you go with them. Just say something like "I'm in!" and then everybody heads out)

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 5

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Townsperson] (looking at the inn) "What a disgusting mess." (to the next adventurer to come out) "Is it yours?"


FirstQuest

Post 6

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]You think I'd own an inn like that?. Its selection of ale is aweful!


FirstQuest

Post 7

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

where can I buy some knives?


FirstQuest

Post 8

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Kain] Knives? Why would anyone want knives? I prefer something a little bigger...
*Twirls his spear, accidentally concussing a dog.*


FirstQuest

Post 9

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]And I want grappling hooks!


FirstQuest

Post 10

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] Let's go to the Weapons Shop.

[Manager] You'd better have money. Whaddya want?


FirstQuest

Post 11

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]All we can get!


FirstQuest

Post 12

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] It looks like we all have enough money for one item each. I'd like a "Fire" spell please!

[Manager] Yeah, we've got that. Here.

[DungeonMaster] The manager may, or may not have the item you are seeking, and you may or may not have the money.


FirstQuest

Post 13

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]I'll have, smiley - erm The case of throwing knives please


FirstQuest

Post 14

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DungeonMaster] Yes, you have enough to buy a knife.


FirstQuest

Post 15

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

*Searches threw his pockets wondering how much money he actually has*


FirstQuest

Post 16

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

[Glon]Just the one!?!?. Oh well, it'll have to do


FirstQuest

Post 17

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DungeonMaster] One item each, and it has to be cheap. Then you can go earn more money by defeating monsters or finding treasures, and come back and buy more. Or there's more in the next town....


FirstQuest

Post 18

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

*STILL counting money*

DM can you tell me how much money I have


FirstQuest

Post 19

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] You have several coins from various realms. Counting them, each person has about five copper coins. However, trying to attach a value to such varied currencies is futile. One item each for starters, that's about all.

When you get treasures, in the next town there is an honest pawn broker who will be glad to exchange them for the coin of the realm here.

Also, when you left the Inn, you had cloth armor, no weapons, and very few coins. I thought I'd said that already, but now I don't see it. smiley - erm Oh well.

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 20

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

Give me a dagger.
::holds out some coins::


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more