A Conversation for Silver Sword - Heroville Town Square

FirstQuest

Post 61

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Spider Owls are defeated! Found a small bag of coins! One moment, processing causualties....

Hmm, the giant has left. Goodbye!

....everyone is rather sweaty and have a few minor scratches, but fortunately nobody was bitten. The fire was put out by the townspeople who promptly left.

East you said? A sign says "Here be swampland" Continue?

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 62

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

{I shall continue}


FirstQuest

Post 63

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Suddenly the party is attacked, not by monsters, but by cries of "Gribbley, gribbley, gribbley!!!" A large band of little teeny men, smaller than Gandark, run up and start jumping up and down and yelling!

[Gandark] Oh, no! Now we'll never get rid of them. Until the end of the quest at least probably. I've seen them before, Gribbleys are like gremlins, they spend all their time following people around and eating all their food. Hmm, maybe when we all buy more expensive weapons, let's give them the daggers and they'll fight with us!

[Gribbleys] "Gribbley, gribbley, gribbley!"

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 64

Bobo(VIPER) (Secruity Chief for Khar Siid) (Undead!?)

::tries to step on one of the Gribbleys::


FirstQuest

Post 65

Don Malvado, so bitter my cat won't even lick me

why do we need to arm them?


FirstQuest

Post 66

Wargamer (The Wanderer)

[Kain] You know, I remember when my life used to be normal...


FirstQuest

Post 67

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

Gandark rolls his eyes. "Not again!" he says, "I was on a quest with a Gribbley before. They just keep following you around yelling "Gribbley, gribbley, gribbley!" all day and there's no way to get rid of them! Except that when you're in a tight corner and you really need them to be there for once, they're gone!"

He pauses, thoughtfully, "Well, there is a way, actually. We met an elven wizard in a town who could exchange a gribbley following a person for more intelligent and more expensive members of the species, or for an additionally large sum, exchange a Gribbley for an imp. We got the imp, because you can kill an imp and still be okay, but if you kill a Gribbley, it's the worst luck you could possibly get! Don't you dare try it! But if we arm them and try to keep our food away from them, they come in handy in battles sometimes, because any monster who kills them dies quickly!"

[DM] That isn't the extent of Gandark's "gribbley-lore," but that's most of it, and all you get to find out about these odd little creatures right now, unlss you'd prefer to ask the Gribbleys about themselves. Anyway, there seem to be thorns ahead in the swamp. Continue? Or turn North and try to regain the path to the castle? Or back Southwards to the town again?

[Gandark] I don't like thorns. But I'd like to see what is beyond them... But still, what are we doing going East when we need to get to the castle to find out about the Princess's kidnapping by the dragon?

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 68

Aargain

i think that we should get ride of the griblies on the way.


FirstQuest

Post 69

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Sorry, they're waay too small. You might squish them.smiley - laugh


FirstQuest

Post 70

Aargain

alright!!!!smiley - cheers i will be the first to squash the first three. (Aargain squashes three grimilies)


FirstQuest

Post 71

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] Wait, don't!

[DM] Suddenly there is a blinding flash! A human-size fairy appears!

smiley - fairy: I am the gribbley's fairy godmother. That was not nice, was it? Why don't you pick on someone your own size???

She raises her wand.

ZAP! ZAP ZAP!

[Aargain] Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

smiley - fairy: I'll give you two more chances. IF YOU EVER TOUCH ONE OF MY PRECIOUS GRIBBLEYS AGAIN, YOU WILL DIE!

[DM] She dissapears in a cloud of pink smoke.

[Gandark] Let's get outta here!

[DM] Aargain is now injured. smiley - injured He will be unable to fight until he is healed. You must protect him from the monsters, and try to get to the nearest town.

[Gandark] We're now nearer to the castle than to the town. I suggest we go on rather than back, which hopefully will be less dangerous. I knew I should have got that healing spell....

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 72

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Oh, by the way, that didn't get rid of the Gribbleys. Their fairy godmother made good and sure of that.

[Gribbleys] Gribbley, gribbley, gribbley!!!

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 73

Aargain

that hurt smiley - wah!


FirstQuest

Post 74

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[Gandark] Come to think of it, which way is the castle? I'll try climbing a tree....

[DM] Gandark gets stuck with some thorns, but manages to get to the top without bleeding. He sees that the thorns only go for a few yards, and on the other side is a strange lake made of glass!

[Gandark] Wow! Hey, let's go see that! Aargain should be okay as long as he is not hit again.

[DM] Party leader, what is your course of action?

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 75

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Possible directions are: NorthWest back to the road, East to the lake of glass, SouthWest back to Firston.

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 76

Knight catch42

::...and bursting through the door comes....Knight42!:: Hey... what'd I miss? ::looks around:: oh, I... guess I'll... be just outside... ::slowly turnes around and leaves.::


FirstQuest

Post 77

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] If you want to play, you're welcome. Please create a character, read the backlog, and wait for the next town to join. Thank you! smiley - biggrin

smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 78

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] Compass is now pointing at the glass lake, which obviously has some strange magnetic properties. Right now you can only judge directions by knowing you are on the east side of the lake.


Where'd everybody go?


smiley - towelNerd42


FirstQuest

Post 79

Opticalillusion- media mynx life would be boring without hiccups

out of the mist she strides right so to the lake it is right?


FirstQuest

Post 80

The Artist Formerly Known as Nerd42

[DM] hmm.... Elven Warrior Paladin Cheedle Newra, in attempting to address you, are you male or female?


Sorry Knight, opti beat you to it on being the game's first Paladin.


smiley - towelNerd42


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more