h2g2's NaJoPoMo 2011

44 Conversations

November is a month of endurance writing.

There’s NaNoWriMo, the art of trying to write a novel in 30 days flat. But there is also NaBloPoMo, National Blog Posting Month, which is where those involved try to write a blog post every day for a month.

I don't want a blog!

‘Is she trying to drive us off hootoo?’ I hear your cry. ‘We’ve only just got back!’ To which the answer is, not at all.

We have decided to hold our own version of NaBloPoMo and that’s NaJoPoMo, or the h2g2 Nation’s Journal Posting Month. The challenge is to post a journal entry every day for a month right here on the site you know and love.

You can sign up officially at the NaBloPoMo site, and if you have, why not join the h2g2 group there? But see below for the roll of honour for h2g2's NaJoPoMo.

What do I write?

It doesn’t need to be a diary. Your posts can be about whatever you like, House Rules permitting, of course. If you visit this thread regularly you will find prompts to help you with ideas when you are flagging.

Although as your intrepid challenge setter1 is taking part herself, and as past experience has shown that she will spend much of the month watching the clock tick down towards midnight waiting for inspiration to strike, she would very much encourage those not taking part to show their support for the project by adding prompts, or questions, or themes, or challenges to that thread.

I want commemorative stamps!

It is a NaBloPoMo tradition to offer prizes for completion of he November slog and h2g2’s NaJoPoMo wouldn’t like to buck tradition. Therefore everybody who completes the posting marathon, with an original entry in their h2g2 journal every day,2 will have their names put into a hat and the first name pulled out will be given a book. Not just any book, but a copy of the book used as part of the winning bid for h2g2 to showcase the breadth and quality of the writing on the site.

This is a book worth owning, and there are very few of them in existence, so with typing fingers limvered up, we're off!

Roll of honour.

Ivan the Terribly Average

Mrs Zen

Z/Dr Zen

Titania and Ripley the uanu

B4

Mr Dreadful

minichessmouse

Witty Moniker

Santragenius V

deb

Agapanthus

Fizzymouse

Heleloo

Metal Chicken

2legs

BMT

Quill

SashaQ

Trillian's Child

Beatrice

nim the cat

Effers

Honest Iago

Evangeline

LL Waz

hellboundforjoy

Happy Nerd

Solnushka

Dr Anthea

Deep Doo Doo

Hypatia

kea

Recumbentman

Maria

MMF

ITIWBS

benjaminpmoore

1Solnushka.2Terms and conditions for eligibility for the book draw: You must have written the posts yourself. You must have written them for NaJoPoMo, ie in November 2011 (you cannot just cutnpaste old Guide entires, Post articles or blogs into your journal). It is permissible to post both on an outside blog and on h2g2. It is permissible, if you know you will be busy, to try to get ahead and write a few days in advance. But there must be one journal entry per day (at least) for each day in November3. If you miss a day, you cannot catch up by posting two entries the next day.3Your day, your November. Whatever timezone you are in.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A87709062

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


References

h2g2 Entries

External Links

Not Panicking Ltd is not responsible for the content of external internet sites

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more