The h2g2 Post 05.04.07

0 Conversations


Posted: 5th April 2007


 

 


Writer's Block

I agonised for some minutes over the subject of this editorial, sufficiently stumped that I took a quick poll of some fellow adolescents. Weeding out the responses that weren't quite 'family-appropriate', I got such varied suggestions as purchasing meat, the reasons the Earth has not been contacted by aliens, political unrest in the Ukraine, how expensive airline tickets are and why people think Hell is hot. There you have it, the mind of today's teenager. Actually, this teenager is very proud of herself, because she feels she's proving herself to be a true geek, as within a region a meter in area she is running three different computers, each with a different Unix-based operating system (Mac OSX, Ubuntu Linux and FreeBSD). I'm so proud. Well, actually, the FreeBSD system isn't quite operational yet, but I'm working on it.

Well, after all that, I'm still not entirely closer to finding a theme for this week's Post. Caveat emptor? Get into the DNA spirit? History repeats itself? Technology is totally awesome? Hmm, none of them quite fit. Oh well. Enjoy this week's edition of The Post!

Apologies for the lack of pictures/cartoons this week! There were last-minute crises beyond our control.


echomikeromeo


 

 
FICTION & POETRY

 

 

  • The h2g2 Poem

  • '**WOULD YOU LIKE YOUR PERSONAL SPACE LINKED TO FROM THE FRONT PAGE?**' by lil


 

 
REGULARS

 

 
 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A20081747

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more