Doctor Who and the Flame of Terric Boew - Part 4

0 Conversations

Part 4

The Doctor walked outside and took in the air. 'This is really quite a beautiful place,' said the Doctor, musing to himself. 'Though,' the Doctor noticed the huge building known as Terric Boew, 'I wonder who built that.' The Doctor put his fingers to his mouth. 'Oh, silly man, why did you let your friends go off without checking the area properly?' said the Doctor to himself. He sighed. 'Oh well, no point worrying about it now. I'd better see if I can catch up with them.'

The Doctor strode on for a short distance, calling out for his friends, but with no response. Just then some people jumped out. "What the... oh my... erm... who are you?'

The small group of people were wearing worn outfits, which were clearly military in origin. They also looked very aggressive. 'More to the point, who are you?' said the leader of the group angrily.

'Me? Oh, I'm just the Doctor. I'm looking for my friends. I don't suppose you've seen them, have you?' asked the Doctor.

'A man and a woman? They were taken to Terric Boew. You won't see them again,' replied the leader.

'What? Why?' said a concerned Doctor.

'Because when people go in to Terric Boew they never come out,' smirked the leader.

'You're not from there, are you?' asked the Doctor.

'No...' said the leader.

'You're not one of them are you?' shouted another member of the small group angrily.

'No, no! I don't even know who "one of them" is!' answered the Doctor, concerned.

'So how did you get here, then?' said the leader.

'Well, via my ship...'

'Nothing can penetrate the force field!' yelled another member of the group.

But before the Doctor could respond, the leader of the group jumped in. 'Well we did, Jask, and besides, this guy doesn't look like one of those,' said the leader, putting his gun to his side. 'I'm Tevek, a Captain of the Filipino army. This small group are my command for this mission. And Doctor, I cannot stress how much danger you are in.'

'Can I ask... is this World War V?' said the Doctor.

'Of course. How can you not know this?' said Tevek.

'I travel a lot, I'm afraid. But gentlemen, I really need to get my friends back from the rather large building up there,' said the Doctor, concerned.

'We can help you in, but from there you're on your own,' said the leader.

'That's all I need. But why do you want to get in?'

'We are trying to stop experiments in there that could change the course of the war. Experiments in time travel.'

'Oh... really?' said the Doctor. 'Time travel? That shouldn't be possible at this time.'

'Oh it is, Doctor, thanks to zygma energy. We are designated as Time Agents and it is our duty to stop any such activities,' said Tevek. 'But enough of this. You must follow us now. And you will need protection from their sensors. Here, take this device, it should protect you.'

The Doctor took the small oval device and put it in his pocket. 'Thank you.'

smiley - tardis

Meanwhile, somewhere in Terric Boew, a sensor stopped tracking and the general Carrick got very worried. 'Find him, no matter the cost. Just find him!'

smiley - tardis

'Now, Doctor, we have a vehicle similarly protected. Will you join us?' asked Tevek.

'Lead on.'

The squad of Time Agents led the Doctor towards the invisible vehicle, which suddenly opened its door. The Doctor followed the group on board. 'Doctor, we’ll find your friends,' said Tevek.

'Thank you. I just hope I'm not too late.'

smiley - tardis

Jamie woke up in a cell. It was a simple four-walled metallic cell, with one bunk and no windows. 'Och, we don't half get into some scraps,' said Jamie, rubbing his neck as he woke up. Outside the bars, he could see rows of other prisoners. 'Hello?' yelled Jamie.

'Go away,' said a voice.

'Oh, don't be like that. I want to get out,' replied Jamie.

'There's no way out,' replied the voice bluntly.

'Ah, you wouldn't say that if you knew my friend the Doctor,' smiled Jamie.

'Well, he'll be caught soon. We'll all be caught soon.'

Another voice was clearly listening and was interested in the conversation. 'Oh, shut up Foggat,' replied another voice. Foggat whimpered and shut up. 'I believe you. I'm Arak.'

'I'm Jamie. So why are you here, Arak?'

'The same reason any of us are here. To be part of Minister Greel's experiments.'

'His experiments? Sounds nasty,' said Jamie.

'Oh believe me, they are. But unlike our depressive friend Foggat over there, I have no intention of taking part in them. You say you have a friend called the Doctor?'

'Yes, he should be still outside,' said Jamie.

'Good... well, I have some friends who should be able to contact him.'

'How? replied Jamie.

'Leave that to me. But first, tell me how you got here.'

'Well, it's a long story,' said Jamie.

'I have time.'

Doctor Who and the Flame of Terric Boew Archive

Terran

05.04.07 Front Page

Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A21409319

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more