h2g2 Post 25.04.02

0 Conversations


Posted: 25th April 2002

Editorial

On 28th April we are all three!

Yes - h2g2 reaches its third birthday next Sunday. Who would have thought that it would grow so big in the intervening years? When I first signed up you would keep bumping into the same names because there really weren't that many of us bumbling about - tumbleweed was blowing all over the place. But now, it is a site of huge proportions. Two clicks and you can become lost in another zone, another time - another place if you include all the sister sites which have sprung up recently. 360 Degrees is gathering converts all the time and creating wonderful projects to become involved with. Sense of Place is launching for real on the air this Sunday and we are all invited to the party. Check the Announcements section for details of this, and the birthday celebrations.

I am sitting here typing with an enormous grin on my face. Why, you may ask? Thanks to Linda's aggressive advertising campaign I have a new Deputy Editor who has greatly assisted me in this week's edition. Who is this paragon who has dared to tread where others fear to go? None other than the magical being who is Greebo T Cat, that's who. smiley - biggrin It is costing a fortune in smiley - donuts, but it's worth it. Welcome Greebo - an asset to the team.

Other news of note now follows. Sadly Ormy is struck down by a lurgy. We wish him a rapid return to good health - he has promised to cover the local elections next week and reveals his thoughts on Le Pen in a journal entry on his page.

The h2g2 Radio Station is due to start broadcasting soon. They are seeking helpers and DJ's - more information is included in the Announcements section, so best I let you all get on with reading the interesting bits now.


shazzPRME

 
 
FeaturesRegulars

  • AGG/GAG

  • Halfway to 42 and Deidzoeb is at the helm.


  • The Quest

  • sea with her story based on the tales of everyday h2g2ers.


  • Beer Me!

  • Pastey continues his beer tasting exploits.

  • The Post Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page


Bookmark on your Personal Space


Conversations About This Entry

There are no Conversations for this Entry

Entry

A725618

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more