The h2g2 Post 18.05.06

4 Conversations


Posted: 18th May 2006


 

 


Summer Already?


It's amazing, but it seems that once exams have happened, summer is already determined to rear its head, despite the fact that I have around five weeks until school is out1. The nationwide AP (Advanced Placement) and SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test) exams, which American students take for course credit and university entrance purposes, have taken place over the last couple of weeks, and statewide STAR tests2 are this week (why they persist in these acronyms I've absolutely no idea). But soon it will all be over and we can enjoy a last month of doing very little before summer in all its glory sets in and we begin doing very little in earnest.

This editorial would not be complete without a (somewhat belated) Mother's Day wish. I of course have an incredible debt to my mother, not least for giving birth to me in the first place! Thank you to all mothers who have loved and cared for their children — a sentiment we should be expressing whatever the time of year.

Even as I celebrated at the approach of summer, the sun has gone in and it looks like it's about to rain, even here in sunny San Diego. Given this climatic situation, what more could you want than to curl up with your computer?

Enjoy this week's edition of The Post.


echomikeromeo


 

 
FICTION

 

 

  • Retirement

  • When the Horsemen of the Apocalypse realise there is no Apocalypse


 

 
CARTOONS

 

 

  • Platypus Dancing

  • Meanwhile, on the edge of scientific curiosity and technological superiority


 

 
REGULARS

 

 

 

 
FEATURES

 

 

 

 
h2g2 NEWS

 

 

 

 
The Post Box
Submissions Click Here
Editorial Feedback Click Here

  • The

    Post

    Office


The home of the h2g2 Post team


Back Issue Page

1Of course, in the UK, the dreaded GCSEs (General Certificate of Secondary Education) and A (Advanced) levels run right through to mid-June and school until mid-July... — shazz2I have no idea what that acronym stands for.

Bookmark on your Personal Space


Entry

A11039997

Infinite Improbability Drive

Infinite Improbability Drive

Read a random Edited Entry


Written and Edited by

Credits

Disclaimer

h2g2 is created by h2g2's users, who are members of the public. The views expressed are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of the Not Panicking Ltd. Unlike Edited Entries, Entries have not been checked by an Editor. If you consider any Entry to be in breach of the site's House Rules, please register a complaint. For any other comments, please visit the Feedback page.

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more