A Conversation for Aye... well... mmm

The weather report from Austin

Post 121

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

And the Scandinavians will be getting an Arctic climate, not that the farthest Northern ones aren't already. It's just that the whole peninsula will likely be all but unliveable. smiley - yikes

A new Ice Age could start almost overnight. We just don't know when. smiley - erm

Post 122

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

And, No! That isn't Florida during a hurricane: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1786150.stm

http://www.scotland-photo-library.co.uk/photonet/bute/pages/1.htm

Post 123

Felonious Monk - h2g2s very own Bogeyman

Palm trees grow in Swansea too, quite well albeit slowly. We had a date palm in our garden when I was a kid. They grow better on the Gower, thanks to the milder climate

Post 124

frenchbean

smiley - ta Mudhooks. Perhaps Paul H will believe me now? smiley - tongueoutsmiley - biggrin

smiley - cheers
F/b

Post 125

smiley - wow

Seeing is believing, unless one is delusional. smiley - cdouble

Post 126

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Speaking of The Gower, I used to camp on the beach Rhosili from time to time and watch idiots throw themselves off the cliffs (if you could call them that) strapped to hang gliders.

Post 127

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - yikes The top or bottom?!

Post 128

Lady Scott

They're calling for more snow here over the weekend. smiley - brr

This is already beginning to shape up like the winter of '93, only it's starting about a month early! smiley - yikes

Post 129

They've stopped doing that now. One too many an idiot ended up a tangled heap of broken bone and ripstop nylon. Or either hang-gliding is no longer fashionable.

Post 130

frenchbean

Thursday/Friday Perthshire weather:

Cloudless skies, still air, 6 hours' of sunshine. Temps around 5C. Fantastic winter weather - particularly as I was a trip (for w**k smiley - biggrin) to Montrose Basin, where the sun setting and throwing sillhouettes of swans and ducks on the water, was just magic smiley - magicsmiley - wow

This morning, -1C and looking set to be another clear day, although the forecasters have a whopping great low pressure heading our way. Could it be Boston's of a few days ago? We're due heaps of rain, with snow just on the mountains...

smiley - cheers
F/b

The weather report from San Antonio

Post 131

Rain smiley - biggrin

Post 132

Mudhooks: ,,, busier than a one-legged man in an ass-kicking contest...

It rained all Wednesday night and drizzled off and on yesterday, here. Now the temp has dropped and the canal has a thin coating of ice. I noticed a few snowflakes, although the sky is clear and sunny.

I understand that the area between Barry's Bay and Georgian Bay is supposed to have a major snow tonight. It is a big snow belt running NW so SE from Northwestern Ontario. There is a large airmass coming down from the arctic, so after it snows, it is going to get very, very cold. http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/maps/Satrad.htm?Ontario&Rgoes&8 (Georgian Bay is the small lake off Lake Huron, visible on the satellite map directly west of Ottawa. Why it isn't considered one of the Great Lakes, I don't know, since it is large enough and less a bay than a lake.)

The Ottawa forecast: http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/cities/can/pages/CAON0512.htm?area=GM

Post 133

frenchbean

Yup. Rain here too now smiley - sadface

F/b

Post 134

Number Six

It was cold in Barnsley today, with that horrible fine penetrating rain that doesn't seem like much but you're soaked to the skin after being out in it for 15 minutes.

smiley - mod

Post 135

'It's grim up north.'

Post 136

Surely not in Santa's Workshop. smiley - smiley

Post 137

We've had that soaking drizzle all day today too, had it all the way back up I-35 on the way home. Stopped now though.

Post 138

Absolutely pissing down here, roads awash with water.

Apres moi, le deluge! And before, and during....

Post 139

Number Six

Looking out of the window now, an unexpected blue sky and the sound of seagulls circling over the River Aire. What are they doing this far inland, I'd like to know? Lured by the German Christmas Market next to the Town Hall, no doubt...

smiley - mod

Post 140

When I was at school, seagulls were a common sight, either circling overhead or settling on the playing fields, and my third year juniors teacher once explained to us why we should get so many since we weren't on the coast, but I'm buggered if I can remember the reasons. Romford is about 30 miles inland I think... leastways, it's about 25 miles to Sarfend smiley - tongueout

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more