A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What's Wrong With Americans

Post 6921

Jon Quixote: steaming little purple buns for tea.

I learn something new everyday.smiley - winkeye

Post 6922

U195408

Good point zoomer smiley - smiley If he meant what you're saying, that's one thing...taken as it stands though, it crosses the line.

Post 6923

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Jon, Dave- I always learn something new everyday here. That's why I hang around. That and your august company, of course. smiley - winkeye

Post 6924

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

The Right here are always moaning about our public health service, because they want it all privatized. Perish the thought! Australia has a (largely) private system, and what I've heard of the American one makes me *so* glad my father didn't settle there as he thought of doing...
zoomer, what do you think - *are* Canadians simply Americans with a slightly different way of doing things? The Canadians I have met are mostly *very* different, but that could just be the ones that travel...

Post 6925

(crazyhorse)impeach hypatia

your welcome zoomer glad you you were able to appreciate it equally i might add that brazilans e.g.are americans as well who like to cut down trees

Post 6926

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

and Columbians are Americans who like to grow poppies smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Post 6927

peruvians grow the good stuff

What's Wrong With All Americans

Post 6928

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

thats good, can we bash anyone from the Americas now then smiley - winkeye

Post 6929

why not how can you tell an american plane fr from any other?...hair under the wings

Post 6930

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I thought those were the French planes! smiley - winkeye

Dave...

Twenty years ago the U.S. standard of living was better than anywhere else. With unemployment rates up, the costs of health insurance rising, and jobs threatened by overseas production, I don't think that's true any longer.

I think (maybe I'm wrong) that Crispy was trying to say that different is better - diversity is better. If everywhere was like America, what would be the point of going on vacation?

Post 6931

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I noticed Chomsky has backed Kerry smiley - erm sort of,
damning with faint praise he agreed with those who call Kerry "Bush-Lite" but said in the present situation even small differences are important

Post 6932

i would like to know what canadianians think of united staters raiding canadian pharmacies cs creating a shortage of pharmaceuticals

Post 6933

Lentilla (Keeper of Non-Sequiturs)

I would think that the Canadian pharmacies would be thrilled to get such good business from America - although the govt is trying to crack down on outside pharmaceutical sales.

Post 6934

U195408

Always a negative spin eh crazyhorse?

Post 6935

Ferrettbadger. The Renegade Master

I thought poppies were mainly cultivated in Asia; it is Cocaine that is the large drug export of south america no?

Post 6936

Fool of a Tiff (Appropriator of Carrots and Purveyor of Linty Goodness)

In response to the topic of the Canadian Pharmaceuticals... The drug companies are quite pleased with themselves, most likely, but the givernment is worried about shortages occuring in our own country should the mass amount of sales continue. At least that's what I heard. smiley - erm

And Canadians are quite different than Americans... Or perhaps we're the only ones that notice it.

We're very... polite. I think.

Eh.

smiley - winkeye

Post 6937

that's right ht mostlytlytly marijauna gr grown in colombia aff affghanianistan is the largest poppy growers since the us invasion the taliban had put a stop to it

Post 6938

Baron Grim

That's ok... We have a 'War on Drugs' as well as a 'War on Terrorism'... this will keep our thousands of DEA agents gainfully employed well into this millenium.

Post 6939

badger party tony party green party

I was going to point that out too Ferret-brother, not that I know much about that sort of thingsmiley - whistle

smiley - rainbow

Post 6940

T.B. Falsename ACE: [stercus venio] I have learned from my mistakes, and feel I could repeat them exactly.

I know this'll sound controversial, call me a stinking left wing pacifist if you will, but how about a war on war, you know trying to stamp out the evils of war. The US could ruthlessly attack any nations which go around starting wars, you know places like, umm, well the US. smiley - winkeye

smiley - cheers

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more