A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What will supper be?

Post 841

paulh, not fond of Lord Mudpants

Just because you prefer turkey, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy beef.

My country's Thanksgiving doesn't come until late November. I've put some pumpkins out front for decorative effect. Later, I expect to eat one of both of them.

What will supper be?

Post 842

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Tonight, we have Thai Fish curry/stew... - made it yesterday, but did enough for two nights... In reality, its more like a Thai fish soup, as the cod didn't hold too much of its 'structure' - maybe I'll try sealing it quickly in a separate frying pan, next time, cut into chunks, then add into the rest of the veg, spices, and gravey/sauce... - the stew/soup/curry has, in it; potatos small diced, diced red bell pepper, fine green beans, sliced and diced onion, cod, and the paste I made, has in it, more onion, garlic, ginger, lemon grass, chillis, and the spices I ground for it were, black pepper, cumin seed, a tiny bit of fennel seed, cinnamon - plus added in some salt, soy sauce, but no fish sauce smiley - ermsmiley - fishsmiley - weird (mainly as we didnh't have any fish sauce in smiley - laughsmiley - fish ) - shall finish the curry/stew/soup tonight; but have extra of the paste remaining (minus the spices), in the fridge, to use in something else, later in the week... - probably another Thai curry, probably chicken smiley - zensmiley - chef

What will supper be?

Post 843

Sometimes you have to cope with the cods you've been dealt.

What will supper be?

Post 844

smiley - applause - plus, its tastes really rather decent,.... whatever it is called smiley - zen - If I make a dish like that... and it doesn't quite turn out as expected... or its a slightly different mix of ingredients, to what one normally needs for the dish being made... - I just give it a new made up name... - hence on my fitness pal app, there seems to be a dirth of dishes/recipes I've put in, called various things like... 'lamb spinica', 'chicken diploment' etc., etc., smiley - laugh

What will supper be?

Post 845

Tonight's supper will be the fourth serving (out of five) of chicken curry.

What will supper be?

Post 846

and, oddly, tonight will be the first serving, of at least 6 portions/3nights worth, of chicken curry, too smiley - laugh - we popped out to the butchers this morning smiley - zensmiley - chicksmiley - tomatosmiley - chef

What will supper be?

Post 847

Rev Nick - give me poutine, or give me death

Sort of busy this afternoon, so supper will be simple.

Two very plump skinless and boneless chicken breasts, oven baked with a coating of Shake'n'Bake. Some potatoes cut into hunks, tumbled in oil with herbs and seasonings, then also oven cooked ( or roasted, if you will ). And a side of cream style corn.

What will supper be?

Post 848

ITIWBS

Beef rice-a-roni with a coarsely minced hot link, scrambled eggs, peas, slivered onions and soy sauce.

What will supper be?

Post 849

Supper was Tuscan soup with sausages

What will supper be?

Post 850

Rev Nick - give me poutine, or give me death

This season, I play in a men's dart league at our Legion every Thursday night. A pair of ladies use the kitchen facility to serve up a supper or just snacks - always a home-made soup and hot entree, as well as simple burgers, fries, poutine, cold sandwiches and cookies or cakes.

Last evening, the entree was a fair lasagna, a generous Caesar salad and a toasted garlic bread. Pretty fair for $8 Cdn - 4.70 GBP - $6.13 USD

Next week is meant to be chicken cordon bleu

I have found that I cannot finish a single order of poutine, but a ham & cheese sandwich and a small order of fries is about right. If the entree isn't to my taste.

What will supper be?

Post 851

smiley - drool

I'm the sort that can enjoy a "breakfast sandwich" for lunch. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more