A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What will supper be?

Post 1201

paulh. Bunnies are cute (There, I've said it)

Tonight's supper will be one of those catch-all recipes that I developed for accommodating leftovers from Thanksgiving. Except that I use chicken rather than turkey this time. smiley - smiley

What will supper be?

Post 1202

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Yeah well, you always get Thanksgiving wrong. Over a month late.

What will supper be?

Post 1203

With luck, I will pack on a little body weight this week-end. Come Tuesday, I turn 60 so the Mrs Rev wants to celebrate a little.

Sunday: We play fun, drop-in darts. She will have a slab cake of carrot cake with cream cheese icing. And she has arranged for a snack for 25 of our friends:
- using white bread and whole grain, sandwiches of ham & cheese, salmon salad, egg salad
- celery, carrots, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
- 3 sorts of cheeses

Monday: I will roast a single strip of pork tenderloin, to be accompanied by gravy, garlic mashed potatoes, bread dressing, perhaps corn on the cob. A small dish of fresh fruit salad.

Tuesday: Dinner out with Mrs Rev and 4 very good friends. Even if I bring half of my meal home, I want flavours. 7 escargots baked and topped with golden melted cheeses (comes with crispy garlic bread). An opener size Greek salad. A 6-oz bacon wrapped filet mignon (medium rare) with sauteed mushrooms & onions. Mashed potatoes w/beef gravy. Tender young green beans & carrots. 5 large breaded and crispy golden butterfly shrimp. And because a free birthday dessert is mandatory there, a simple wedge of Dutch apple pie, with a little sharp cheddar cheese or vanilla iced cream.

What will supper be?

Post 1204

My birthday week-end did have a lot of eating. A confluence of circumstances provided enough food for 50 or so people on the Sunday, so the 30 of us ate well. And the dinner with friends had minor differences from my expected - 6 huge shrimps instead of 5, and no apple pie on the menu.

This evening, being Thursday, is play night of our Men's Dart League. A couple of ladies operate the kitchen to provide foods for the first couple of hours. Usually some sort of entree, but always also some fresh sandwiches, hamburgers or chicken burgers, french fries, onion rings, etc. Some entrees suit me well, such as the baked ham last week. Tonight, the plan is a toasted western Denver sandwich with fries, which is always good. I will ask for a little cheese on the sandwich and some gravy on the fries. Followed by beer (Canadian, of course) and most of 4 hours of dart play.

Have I mentioned that this year, I am the President of the dart league?

What will supper be?

Post 1205

Monday, the 14th, is our Thanksgiving Day. I'll be cooking stuff.

What will supper be?

Post 1206

Tonight, my supper will be sausage and green beans and noodles

What will supper be?

Post 1207

Tuesday will be left-over pig and potatoes. And shrimps.

What will supper be?

Post 1208

Tonight's supper will be paella

What will supper be?

Post 1209

ITIWBS

Just leased a new SUV.

Pizza for supper last night.

Key: Complain about this post

What will supper be?

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more