A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What will supper be?

Post 1221

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Friday, I roasted a bird that I have never done before. Many years ago, I tried duck once - and being served by a Mess Hall, preparation was quite poor. All that I recall is very greasy.

So, following the experienced advice of Hypatia - I roasted one. I quite liked the aroma, but it made Mrs Rev most uneasy. So aside from a single drumstick, I still haven't really tried it. She is out for the day today (Sunday) with a friend, so I will use the time to break down the remains. And simmer the carcass and a few veggies to brew a stock for another day.

What will supper be?

Post 1222

The duck was a success, but seeing how little actual meat there is - it is far too costly here to do often. Simmering the carcass, wings, neck and things with some carrot, celery and onion made a very rich broth that is in the freezer for another time.

Also on Sunday, I made our usual baked Atlantic salmon dinner. With pepper & garlic mashed spuds and baby peas.

Today (Wednesday), Mrs Rev will bring in a friend for a day of scrap-booking. While they are doing that, I will have a batch of beef jerky drying. As well, I will prepare a lunch which includes:

6 types of fruits
5 types of veggies
3 types of cheeses
simple crackers
garlic bread
crock-pot chili
a pot of loose leaf tea (from England, of course)

I think that we should have enough.

What will supper be?

Post 1223

paulh. the world is a circus, but why d I have to work without a net?

chicken chili

What will supper be?

Post 1224

This post may be a bit offal to some. smiley - winkeye

Since I was a child, I have been familiar with (and quite fond) of hearts of chicken, turkey and beef. Livers or kidneys are simply vile.

In recent weeks, I have also had the favoured organ of a duck and also pork. The former found to have little flavour, but the latter is excellent.

Next - this coming week-end - venison heart. Very fresh. I am looking forward to that. And I continue to plea for that of moose.

What will supper be?

Post 1225

Chicken Florentine soup

What will supper be?

Post 1226

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

One Bowl Beef Stew.smiley - smiley

What will supper be?

Post 1227

I will probably make cassoulet, using sausages and tuna.

What will supper be?

Post 1228

I have no idea what Sunday supper will be. My defibrillator/pace-maker experienced premature battery failure and had to be replaced. That was done on Friday the 13th, and right now my upper breast feels like it met a heated cattle brand.

What will supper be?

Post 1229

Supper will be American chop suey.

Key: Complain about this post