A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17141

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

you need a slave, to make you and bring you food... smiley - grovelsmiley - dog

I blame 2legs for the excitement over the anticipated arrival of a new toaster, in the next few days smiley - wowsmiley - boing

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17142

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

You're welcome any time smiley - smoochsmiley - handcuffs

I blame 2legs for my brave new telly doing everything except showing TV.... smiley - weird there are DVDs showing, iTunes playing, CDs playing, radio playing etc. but no TV.

Hopefully the TV guy will turn up later today and fix it.

smiley - dragon

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17143

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

I blame 2legs for a dose of summer cold, both health and weather-wise
smiley - vampire

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17144

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I blame 2legs for my taking all morning to tidy and clean the kitchen
but at least it's done now

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17145

I blame 2legs for no one having spent all day cleaning my kitchen... and bedroom... and front room... and bathroom... and downstairs hallway... smiley - dohsmiley - erm

I also blame 2legs for what I did this morning, in the kitchen smiley - whistle
*note to self, kitchen does not have any curtains/blinds*
smiley - whistle
I also blame 2legs for not being sure what to do for dinner....

and.
I blame 2legs for the arrival of the new toaster! and for a successful funeral for the old toaster smiley - zensmiley - cry

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17146

Malabarista - now with added pony

Just discovered why all my knives are blunt, and some are deformed or have pieces snapped out of the blade. My flatmate couldn't work out how to use the tin opener, so she's just been hacking the tins open with a knife - and not even the same one every time! smiley - cross

I blame 2legs!

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17147

loonycat - run out of fizz

I blame 2legs for my buying muffins, toasting them for breakfast, smothering them in butter and marmalade then discovering they're smiley - cheese ones smiley - doh

Tasted ok though smiley - laugh

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17148

In all things, evolution has made a concerted effort to rise, and produce, that of the highest order of sublime perfection.
This, many argue, is as can be demonstratible and seen, within such organisms as the humble virus, a complexity of form and function so sublime in its evolved state as to be able, with a total minamum of effort, to contain and apply, all those functions and facilities, necessary for life, and sustanance of life, within the most basic, simplist and perfect of designs. NO need, for the humble virus to possess strange unecessary appendages, no need for the virus to have a wrist, in order to enable it to wear a digital wristwatch, the virus has no need for mobile telecommunications, or complicated social interactions, and instead, is able, without, or because it is without, these unnecessary complexities, to perform its biological functions, in the pureist, most simple of forms.

Therefore, taking the example, of the virus, the most highly evolved organism on the plannet, possibly in the galaxy, or the universe, we can, apply these principles, of exquisit evolution and beauty of form and function, to other, what might seem on the surface unrelated, functions and forms.

The most obvious, following the viral high-evolution example, is to apply these self same functions and forms, and nature thereof, to the most highly evolved form of food, simplistic, yet functional in form and opperation, that, is, of course, that by which we know as 'cheese'.

Cheese, the most functional and highly evolved food yet developed smiley - zen

With sweet, or savory, hot or cold, cheese is the finest, if I may be so bold.
Its flavour complex, but wildly can change, to produce such taste bombinations spanning a vast huge range.
Its texture alone, can tantilise and tease, then it yields the fabulus flavour of cheese.
tangy and savory, yet strangely also sweet, combined with bread, fruit or meat.
such a plethra of options, variaty too, just imagine with cheese, all that you can do.
cheese filled pasta, a cheese bord too, and tasty cheese cake, yet, more you can do.
Cheese muffins, cheese bread, and even cheese straws, release the flood gates, and open the doors.
searching and looking, for a sublime versitile food, you've found it in cheese, whatever your mood.
Forfilling and nutritious, tasty savory or sweet, and somethimes it smells, just like my feet smiley - run

I blame 2legs for apauling poetry, my over-excessive consumption of cheese, and for the wonder of my new toaster, or 'Fire-bread machine' as it will, from now on be known smiley - zen

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17149

I blame 2legs for this urge to make and eat a cheese and jam sandwich,
but most of all I blame him for the fact that I have no cheese or bread.
smiley - vampire

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17150

Cheese and jambon also works... hmmm... My French is not very good anymore... hmmm... jambon... is that ham? I seem to recall its somethign like that... only probably spelt betterer smiley - snorksmiley - weird

I blame 2legs for it not quite* being lunchtime yet...and for my indescision as to weather to have cheese, or eggs, or, indeed, cheese and* eggs... smiley - droolsmiley - wah and toast... of course... new toaster... new toaster... new toaster! smiley - boing

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17151

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

I blame 2legs for unsewn curtains and smiley - dragonprincess avoidance of helping me to get them sewn and hanging from the rods.

I severly dislike making curtains and I'm honestly quite lousy doing it as well. The late Queen Mum disapproved of my lack of curtain making skills, and did my curtains for some thirty years. I was hardly allowed to assist... Since her death à couple of years ago there has been low activity in the curtain departement in the Lair.

Now I've come to the decision I could to with some new things in the living room, have got material but a resisting daughter... On top of all she was here yesterday using my sewing machine, demanding my assistance in measuring, needling etc.

I guess I'd better blame 2legs for grown up kids as well.

smiley - dragon

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17152

smiley - bigeyes I blame 2legs for my only having bought ready-made curtains, and never made them myself smiley - bigeyes

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17153

shagbark

I blame two legs that my supermarket quit carrying the kind of soup I like.

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17154

I blame 2legs for sleep not having done much to make me more alert or awake... and the coffee taking a while to kick in this morning smiley - sleepy

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17155

I blame 2legs for making the supermarkets move things around. If it's a ploy to make me buy more it's failing because I can never find half the stuff I usually buy.smiley - grr
smiley - vampire

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17156

I hate it when shops do that! smiley - grr and the shelves... the items grouped together make no sense half the time! smiley - huhsmiley - weird

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17157

smiley - choc,smiley - chocand moresmiley - choc
I blame 2legs for making me stuff my face withsmiley - choc
I've been rationing it out ever since father's day but lost control
tonight.smiley - ill
smiley - vampire

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17158

Beatrice

I blame 2legs for the absence of Jedward posters in the shops.

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17159

Yarreau

Eating all your smiley - choc at once is much better for your teeth anyway! smiley - ok

Blame 2legs here:

Post 17160

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

I blame 2 legs for odd socks

Key: Complain about this post

Blame 2legs here:

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more