A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What films etc

Post 7441

Xanatic

Pfft, why spoil that for people. You could just have let it slide.

What films etc

Post 7442

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

If there are two M's, Judy Dench is still one of them. Not that I care what happens to James Bond or any of the rest of them. There's another Bond movie coming out soon. I will probably see it, not that this will do me much good.

What films etc

Post 7443

Pink Paisley

The Goob.

Dire. Nominated for prizes at lots of festivals.

Doesn't stop it being dire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ipH-uOwkU

PP.

What films etc

Post 7444

Except for viewers at the South by Southwest Film festival, no one in the USA saw it when it was screened on March 15, 2015. The DVD will be released on Sept. 21, 2015, and will only be playable on region 2 players. According to IMDB.com, 6 out of 10 viewers liked it.

What films etc

Post 7445

Pink Paisley

I don't predict mega sales of this one.

PP.

What films etc

Post 7446

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

San Andreas in 3D.

Strangely we had the screening room almost to ourselves, there being only one showing per day when it was available in 3D, I expected it to be full so bought the tickets in advance.

We're both disaster film junkies and this was better than 2012. It's a wild ride from start to finish and gets 10/10 from us. We even saw a trailer for Jurassic World in 3D, which is next on our listsmiley - ok

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - monster

What films etc

Post 7447

You can call me TC

I hope that's not showing on the plane when I fly to San Francisco later in the year.

What films etc

Post 7448

smiley - laugh

What films etc

Post 7449

"this was better than 2012" [Galaxy babe]

*Anything* would be better than "2012." Even Noah is rolling in his grave after that one!

What films etc

Post 7450

"I don't predict mega sales of this one." [Pink Paisley]

smiley - biggrin

What films etc

Post 7451

You can call me TC

The night before last I went to see Ex Machina. I was surprised that it was still running, and pleasantly surprised to see that it was on in the original English version.

After a three-quarter hour drive to the cinema, I was told when I got there that the screening was not in the original version but in German. Well, I stayed and watched it anyway. It is totally captivating and I still keep thinking about it. Can't really say much as spoilers would slip out so easily.

Highly recommended. I'll get the DVD when it comes out and watch it in the proper language.

What films etc

Post 7452

We're going to see Jurassic World in 3D tomorrow afternoonsmiley - monster

smiley - boing

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - cdouble

What films etc

Post 7453

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Sheesh, has nobody seen Mad Max: Fury Road? Excellent film, utterly bonkers.

What films etc

Post 7454

Yes, I've seen "Mad Max, Fury Road." I'm a huge fan of Nicholas Hoult, who starred as Jack in "Jack the Giant Killer" and R, the likeable zombie in "Warm Bodies." I think he is first rate. smiley - smiley

The Mad Max franchise has never been my cup of tea, though I've enjoyed it enough to stay engaged, and I wouldn't mind seeing Hoult again if sequels are made. I saw Mel Gibson in "Mad Max beyond Thunderdome" and liked it well enough. It had Tina Turner, who is usually fascinating to watch and listen to.

Watching young actors gradually grow into major stars over dozens of movies is one of the great pleasures of my life. smiley - smiley Hoult is someone that I want to see again, definitely smiley - ok.

What films etc

Post 7455

Pink Paisley

Spy.

Not really my sort of film AND a bit on the sweary side:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltijEmlyqlg

But really funny and with Jason Statham playing a caricature of himself.

I'll be going to see Spy 2, Spy 3 and Spy 4.

PP.

What films etc

Post 7456

I enjoyed "Spy" a *lot*! Motorcycles that fall over, fight scenes in kitchens, total goofiness! smiley - ok

What films etc

Post 7457

Jurassic World in 3D did not disappoint. Did what it said on the tin. I liked the nods to the previous films which I still watch on occasion. I'm sure I missed stuff I'll spot on future watchings as soon as I have my mits on the DVD.

One thing, it never ceases to amaze me how Hollywood people think that women can run in stilettoes - even if a T.Rex was on my tail...

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - monster

What films etc

Post 7458

You can call me TC

Italian women can. I've seen it.

What films etc

Post 7459

Last week I saw "I'll see you in my dreams" and "Love and mercy."

The first had a stellar cast. I always love to see Blythe Danner, Rhea Perlman and Mary Kay Place onscreen.

"Love and Mercy" had some great Beach Boys music going for it. I felt sorry for the two actors who had to play Brian Wilson. Wilson was tormented by some pretty bad demons....

What films etc

Post 7460

We saw "Woman in Gold" last week at the senior screen. It's a powerful film and Helen Mirren is superb. Based on a true story, make sure you stay for the final credits for updates on the characters.

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - cdouble

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more