A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 501

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

my cousin is ok but my aunt and uncle who live in Australia are apparently always complaining about Asian immigrants and aboriginie rights
this despite the fact they only moved to Australia about 20 years ago
the stupidity of most prejudice never fails to amaze me

Post 502

tanzen

It is funny the way it works...

...My mother is Koorie (Victorian Aboriginal), but because my Dad isn't a lot of people can't pick it in me...my brother is very obviously darker, as are most of my cousins, uncles, etc...

...this puts me in the unique position of getting to hear what people think about Koories without censoring themselves because I'm there...

I remember once I went to a book launch with my mate...and my brother went with his fiancee (he mate and my brother's fiancee have been mates for years, that's how we met them...

So we're walking around seperately, I'm with my girl and my brother's with his...there was a guy there who seemed really lovely when we wre talking to him at the start (most of the people there had gone to a writing course that the girls were also in)...later on when we weren't there my brother and his girl were talking to him...

...just as we were leaving (my brother and his girl already having left), the guy said to my friend "So who was the Abo with (my brother's girl)?"

I just looked at him, smiled, and said "He's my brother."

Needless to say, he mildly grunted than ran away...the fact that he would say something like that in front of someone he didn't know was just stupidity on his part...and the fact that he ran away made it clear that his implications were not friendly ones...

...so it definitely does put me in a good position...I slip under most peoples' radars and get to hear what they really think...

Post 503

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

very depressing
pretty stupid saying it in a place that should be full of right-on liberals or does that show how common the attitude is

Post 504

tanzen

My friend explained to me that he ran with evil people in his youth...which is I think the sad part about racism...so much of it is propogated by people who only have hate with which to identify with other people...smiley - erm

...Anyways, I best be off...gotta go give my sister the keys to my house, then to trivia with me Da smiley - ok!

Have a good one, sunshine, and I will talk to you soon smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch!!

Key: Complain about this post