A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 141

tanzen

smiley - musicalnote I fell into a burnin' ring of fire I went down,down,down
and the flames went higher...And it burns,burns,burns, the ring of fire...the ring of fire! smiley - musicalnote

smiley - somersault

Post 142

fords - number 1 all over heaven

I normally claim the Stereophonics CD is someone else's smiley - whistle

Post 143

tanzen

smiley - laugh

Post 144

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

This is especially shameful
I once purchased a Take That t-shirt by mistake (honest)
For a while I just wore it around the house but I got paranoid about someone seeing it and used it as a dishcloth smiley - erm

Post 145

tanzen

*nods head aggreing*

Yes, and everytime he uses it to clean he hums "It only takes a minute" smiley - biggrin

Post 146

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

smiley - rofl never heard of it smiley - whistle

Post 147

tanzen

But you're smiley - whistleing it right now smiley - winkeye

Post 148

smiley - erm caught out again
now my shame is so great I might as well confess the rest smiley - flustered
either that or go and be a monk in Shangri La
smiley - brave I'll confess the rest but in stages to keep you all anticipating

Post 149

tanzen

Ok, well you've got two hours to confess the lot, then I'm going home for the (long smiley - biggrin) weekend smiley - smiley

If it makes you feel any better...I used to love Take That...I spent ridiculous amounts of money buying obscure magazines that had articles or pictures of them...and when they came to Melbourne we waited for them outside their hotel....smiley - blush

Post 150

I did that sort of thing with Toyah Wilcox smiley - erm
Not actually that much to confess
The really juicy bits I've only been told about
I don't remember half of them
I do know that I have even less sense of direction when drunk than sober
I used to live in a small town, went to a party in another small town, cycling home, took a shortcut (fatal mistake), ended up confronted by a suspicious farmer with shotgun and large dog, who eventually believed me and put me back on the right track (and it was a track)

Post 151

tanzen

Ahhh, the troubles of living in small towns, hey smiley - winkeye?

I live about 15 minutes away from my local by tram, less than 10 in a car...if I catch a cab home, it's all the way down the main street and then a right turn a few minutes later...

I don't think I could get lost...well, not form the pub anyways...having said that, I could probably make it to the pub in the middle of the night blindfolded smiley - biggrin

Post 152

I used to get lost regularly in London
but that was OK, just set off walking and you'd come to a tube station or somewhere you recognised before too long
I now as I think I mentioned live across the road from the most popular pub in my town but all of 10 minutes from my personal fav - a drinking dilemma I solve by usually starting off at my fav then getting dragged off to the one I live next door to by friends

Post 153

tanzen

When I moved out of home I moved a few minutes away from where I went to school (Primary and Secondary) so I was already familar with my surroundings...

...I'm a creature of habit, I'm happiest in my rut smiley - cheers!

Post 154

Lived all over this (admittedly not very large) island
Decided I didn't like London so I've settled for a suburb of a small city, a nice one
Don't like the countryside to live in, like my favourite places close to hand and don't drive

Post 155

tanzen

I've been to a few places, but admittedly not too many and not for too long...I like where I am...it has everything I need and I don't it's probably the only area I'd come close to "fitting in" smiley - weird

Post 156

I like visiting different places, trying the food and drink, learning about them a little, meeting new people but its nice to then go back home to somewhere familiar smiley - smiley

Post 157

tanzen

Yeah, I like new experiences...I just wish they'd come to me, rather than me having to leave the comfort of my pub smiley - smiley

Post 158

smiley - laugh what you need is good theme nights unlike the naff ones we usually get

Post 159

MuseSusan

New experiences are nifty, but sometimes you have to recognize when you already have it good. I live in sunny southern California, but I wanted to try something new so I went to college in New York. Now I've just suffered through several months of the coldest winter I've ever seen in my life, and I only have myself to blame. (Actually, I'm glad I came here; it's been an adventure. smiley - smiley)

Post 160

But sometimes you don't like whats new because its new
Another friend on h2g2 originally came from Chicago or Minnesota (wherever it was cold and snowy). She hates the heat where she now lives in California and misses the snow

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more