A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 101

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I'm told that Macdonalds sell muffins
Bluebeery Muffins might tempt me in smiley - drunk

Post 102

tanzen

*contemplates the possibilities*

Hmmm...I'm thinking chocolate muffins with Baileys or Kahlua...smiley - drool...

Post 103

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

brandy and dark chocolate smiley - bigeyes

Post 104

tanzen

...man, I really have to start using more alcohol in my cooking smiley - ok!

Post 105

I've tried it a few times smiley - smiley
Sometimes its been smiley - wow
Sometimes its been I wish I'd just drunk that smiley - erm

Post 106

tanzen

Well that's a fair point...you may as well have a beer while you're eating anyways hey smiley - cheers?

Post 107

Just back from lunch
Fish in a cup, thats what we call the coffee from the machine, oh for a smiley - ale or a nice smiley - redwine now

Post 108

tanzen

Fish in a cup? Not very appetising, and I'm a little scared as to how accurate it is smiley - yikes!

I could kill an smiley - ale right now...unfotunately I don't finish here for another 2 and a half hours...hopefully I can coerce my brother into driving though to the bottle-o and grabbing a six pack smiley - cheers!

Post 109

Whatever it is it bears only a slight resemblance to coffee, even instant
Yep, I'm here for another 4 hours

Post 110

tanzen

Oh yeah, gotta get me some a that stuff smiley - ill...

Another 4 hours??

I may end up hanging back tonight anyway...but hopefully I'll still be able to get beer on the way home smiley - cheers!

Post 111

then 12 hours off then another 12 hour shift, but then I have 3 days off smiley - biggrin

Post 112

MuseSusan

Speaking of muffins…
http://www.muffinfilms.com/

(There's even a proper showbiz grand finale if you click on the last button!)

Hi again, by the way, Tanzen and Blackberry Cat--we three seem to be the only ones left on this thread. We must have scared the others off! Woohoo!!

Post 113

I blame Tanzen for scaring Master B off smiley - winkeye

Post 114

MuseSusan

I've gotten the impression Tanzen is good at that.

I try to hide that scary part of me that frightens people away in real life, while I'm here on H2G2, but sometimes they run from me anyway (especially when someone mentions musicals--had you noticed?).

Post 115

I'm much more extrovert on h2g2 than in real life
Apart from films I've only been to see the stage version of Rocky Horror and Guys and Dolls. Oh, and a ballet version of the Caucasian Chalk Circle. That had songs smiley - biggrin
When I lived in London meant to go and see Chicago and Carmen Jones but you know how it is. When they're on your doorstop you never get round to it. For a long time I was very anti-musical, an allergy to Andrew LLoyd Webber I think, but I'm getting better now smiley - smiley

Post 116

MuseSusan

To quote a line from Forbidden Broadway (this really nifty revue that's been Off-Broadway for twenty-odd years, taking songs from musicals and writing the most hilarious parodies, making fun of shows, singers, and everything else), "Oh, that's that new Andrew Lloyd Webber disease I heard so much about, ugh!"

I actually do like Lloyd-Webber in general, though only certain of his shows as a whole. He seems to have spent the last decade or so of his career trying to make up for the critics who say he's not intellectual enough by doing shows that try to be intelligent and end up just being depressing.

Post 117

You never know I may end up like ending ALW
In my teens and 20's my tastes were very narrow, basically rock music (but not pop or heavy metal)
over the last 10 years or so they've gradually been getting a little more Catholic (but still not much pop or heavy metal)

Post 118

MuseSusan

I used to hate rock and especially heavy metal, but since I saw Rent a few months ago, I've started getting more tolerant. I didn't like it at first, but subsequent playings of the CD made me listen harder and really appreciate it. Then a week ago, I was working on a project in a classroom when one of my classmates came in to work, and put a CD of heavy metal on. I actually started listening to it, and though I didn't enjoy it much, I could tell that it was well done for its genre, and there were aspects I could appreciate about it.

Post 119

MuseSusan

By the way, I know that theres a BIG difference between most rock and heavy metal, but my point is "traditional showtunes" and heavy metal are at opposite ends of the spectrum and rock is somewhere along the way between the two.

Post 120

Yes that discovery took me much too long to make
For a long time I dismissed whole categories of music
Soul was I think the first where I started realising this is the sort of song I hate or used to but this is really good
Theres still types I dislike such as C&W or dance but I'm prepared to admit that there is good and bad even there

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more