A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What in your music collection do you hide when 'cool' people visit?

Post 181

fords - number 1 all over heaven

smiley - cool

Post 182

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

I manage to present an outward appearance of normality (as part of my unsuccessful attempts to get the rest of the world to leave me alone) but people I know well seem to have concluded I'm wierd. Fortunately its rather than smiley - monster

Post 183

Always good smiley - ok

Post 184

Blackberry Cat , if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque

smiley - ermI also can't spell

Post 185

tanzen

I spend most of my time in black or velevt (and occassionally, black velvet smiley - ok) so most people get the smiley - weird vibe fairly early on smiley - laugh

Post 186

smiley - biggrin

Post 187

I'm a dress in black man myself, but that was "normal" in the late 70s-80s when I was young

Post 188

tanzen

I think it's more normal for boys than girls...

...having said that, in the 80s (when I was young) my favourite outift was a pink t-shirt, blue denim shorts and pink shiny leggings...

...just because something was normal growing up, doesn't make it right any more smiley - rofl!

Post 189

I was a "normal" teenage rebel in those days
We all rebelled against mainstream society by dressing the same as each other, listening to the same music, using the same slang etc
Quite ashamed of my teenage self nowadays but I suppose I wouldn't have been a typical teenager if I hadn't been shallow, immature and convinced I'd just reinvented the wheel

Post 190

tanzen

...I don't think I was ever normal...I never ran with a pack...never rebelled against the establishment...I just didn't like anything...smiley - angel

Post 191

Shouldn't that be smiley - devilsmiley - winkeye

Post 192

tanzen

Are you saying I'm a smiley - devil??

I'm not, I'm an smiley - angel I am!! Honest!!

(Man, I couldn't even type it without smiley - rofl!!)

Off to grab some lunch, back in a little while smiley - ok!

smiley - run

Post 193

Far be it from me, enjoy your lunch
Who'd want to be an smiley - angel anyway, the smiley - devil has all the best tunes

Post 194

tanzen

What about "She's An Angel" by They Might Be Giants...that's pretty smiley - cool??

...innit smiley - erm? smiley - laugh

Post 195

smiley - ermnever heard it
however a friends copying his music collection for me and hes a fan so I may be qualified to offer an opinion soon (not that knowing nothing ever stopped me commenting smiley - winkeye)

Post 196

tanzen

There's a line in the song that goes something like "These things happen to other people...they don't happen at all, in fact..."

If I ever write my autobiography that's what I'm going to call it smiley - ok!

Post 197

smiley - laugh now I'll have to think of a clever and witty name for mine smiley - erm you may have a long wait smiley - winkeye

Post 198

tanzen

It's not so much clever and witty, just a frighteningly accurate description of my life smiley - rofl!

Post 199

Could be worse, could be, " These things only happen to me, not to other people"

Now I'm about to go lunch, back in a mo

Post 200

tanzen

That's about the size of it anyway smiley - ermsmiley - laugh

Have fun at lunch smiley - ok! I will be here...waiting....biggrin>!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more