A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Bog Etiqutte - The Floater

Post 41

pdante'

Can't remember where i saw it could be the I.C.A. (graffiti www.ratemycrap.com ) .no i haven't looked for it it's just that the pervious occupant of stall 4 may be a member
me so sensitive(or just stupid ) that i carry a stick of incense around for before and after. No help with the floater thoughsmiley - smiley

Post 42

pdante'

smiley - choc

smiley - run

Post 43

Trout Montague

Wonder if the new blokes have any idea?

Post 44

Ridge57

We usually call the EPA or National Geographic Society to inquire who has territorial claim.

Post 45

Famous_Fi

'wave-friends-off-to-the-sea' smiley - laugh i love it

My boss at work claimed he could destinguish between smokers/non-smokers, male/female and meat eaters/veggies by size, smell and texture of any floaters left in the work loo's. smiley - biggrin

Post 46

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

I love this place... it was only recently I was pondering this very subject and wondered if it was too yukky to put in Ask smiley - biggrin

Two words - "Courtesy Flush" people! I've actually managed to train my better half to do this, and upstairs has been a sweeter smelling place ever since.

The Courtesy Flush (pull the handle as soon as you've evacuated) will start the breaking up process of any floaters. (Obviously any worries about splashback can be dealt with according to the nature of your er, droppings.

The most effective method I've discovered is covering it with more loo roll, leaving some to trail over the edge of the seat so that as the flush sends things round, the stubborn s**t gets ever more tangled in the toilet paper, thus helping it off to sea. HTH.

Post 47

Teasswill

Apologies to 2legs, I was sure he'd resurrected this one!

Another tip (which may have already been mentioned) is to lay some paper in the pan half out of the water before you use it. Helps prevent sticky residue...

Post 48

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

But it *is* a waste of water, Shea.

The solution is to tell him to dump them in the sink, and then rinse them down, which will use far less water. Better, put them in the compost heap.

smiley - smiley

And now for the topic at hand ...

TRiG.smiley - yuk

Post 49

Trout Montague

I dumped in a urinal once due to a misunderstanding. The porters on Dartford railway station seemed stunned.

Post 50

Shea the Sarcastic

I can imagine ... smiley - winkeye

TRiG, I don't think we want a pile of whiskers dumped down the sink. That would clog these old pipes for sure! smiley - yikes

Post 51

airscotia-back by popular demand

I can't believe no-one has mentioned the obvious solution.

Reach in, retrieve the little blighter, and tuck him in your pocket for future disposal, at your leisure.smiley - magic

Post 52

Teuchter

Post 53

airscotia-back by popular demand

Which reminds me.

DO remember to empty your pockets regularly.smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post