Post 642

Baconlefeets

Me.

Oh..here I amsmiley - blush

Things you never see anymore

Post 643

The Groob

Ullo footy.

Saturnine and If the universe is infinite were two people who were regulars here some time ago but I never see now.

(I think I've mentioned them in this thread before come to think of it)

Post 644

Baconlefeets

Ullo Gurusmiley - smiley

I remember seeing Saturine around hootoo ages ago. Never see that Spinks bloke anymore though...smiley - winkeye

Post 645

everybodysfriend

My feet

Post 646

The Groob

Spinks is retired and now happily worshiping the god of curry. smiley - biggrin

Everybody are you with child?

Post 647

The Groob

Ah, yes you are but not in the way I expected. smiley - rofl

Post 648

The Groob

Wasps.

I haven't seen a single wasp yet this year.

Post 649

Beer Elf

Good Afternoon Guru..

I'm sorry to dash your hopes, but we're not really into Wasp season yet..

The B'stards don't really get going on the UK untill July/August, really hitting their stride on August Bank Holiday smiley - brave

Don't seem to see as many kids with their arms/legs in plaster casts due to some sports/playground/ massive slide incident

Come to that.. no massive slides, either!!! (Or have I grown?)

Roobarb and Custard, the cartoon, when are they bringing that back?

Keith Chegwin!! (And isn't it nice?)

Low alcohol lagery things, Arctic Lite, Clausthaler, Hemeling,
Or have the breweries all run out of dishwater?

Post 650

Beatrice

Derek the smiley - fish

Post 651

The Groob

Hi Sparky No doubt in August I'll be referring to this thread again: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/alabaster/F19585?thread=457401&post=5660293#p5660293 An informative read and a chuckleworthy comment about wasp furniture there too!

Post 652

badger party tony party green party

smiley - wah Sparky I miss the massivee slides too.

I think stuff like less massive slides and new medical techniques have all contributed to their being less kids in plaster and besides who eve broke their arm on a PS2smiley - huh

Having said that I have hadd one at the club this year and one player from the school who have both broken their arms one was whilst playing the other doing summat daft.

With the exception of Donald Trump men with their hair combed in Bizzarely intricate ways that make pyramid construction look like childs play with a lego set in a vain* (in every conceivable use of the word) attempt to convince other people that they have a full head of hair.

Men with hankies on their heads tied into knots at the corners.

Elephants in AA adverts.

Clothes that change colour according to temperature. (Apart from the armpits of shirtsof workers in a hot office but that's a different kind of thing)

smiley - rainbow

*VAIN:
adj. vain·er, vain·est
1.Not yielding the desired outcome; fruitless: a vain attempt.
2.Lacking substance or worth: vain talk.
3.Excessively proud of one's appearance or accomplishments; conceited.
4.(Archaic). Foolish.

Post 653

The Groob

"who eve broke their arm on a PS2?"

My fingers were numb for weeks after playing Fifa Football on the Sega Megadrive for four days non-stop!

Some of the piddly little slides you see in kiddies playgrounds now are so small it's almost laughable.

Witches hat, Seesaws, Roundabout: all with nasty little bits good for crushing little fingers.

Post 654

badger party tony party green party

Thw witche's hat...ddont get me started...oops too late...

Designed by the Marquis De Sade and installed by local councils that had over subscribed schools so they could "thin out" the local population.

Some people say some children experiment with drugs as a dangerous form of rebelion and thrill seeking. When We had a withc's hat in our park none of my friends took drugs, although as I remeber it the feeling when you came off, nausea, dizziness, elation, lights before the eyes were a lot like you'd taken a whole cocktail of drugs. That was just when you came off voluntarily!

smiley - rainbow

Post 655

Beer Elf

Hya Blicky & Guru et al..

I was thinking especially of the slide we used to have in our local park, it was a tall as the conker trees next to it smiley - cool, and it had a cage at the top! smiley - yikes

Must have been 20 feet or so (6-7 Metres?) straight down onto concrete, but I only remember people having broken limbs, rather than anything more serious

Guru, many thanks for the link! I'm still chuckling about the dancing
smiley - rofl because that's what I do!

Post 656

You can call me TC

smiley - ant red ants

slugs on lettuces (except in a dream I had recently; I was washing a lettuce and there was a slug on each leaf.)

Normally you used to get slugs on lettuces in summer when the lettuces came from open fields and not from greenhouses. I hate to think what they're putting on the lettuces that keeps them off.

Post 657

Baconlefeets

Flantssmiley - sadface

Post 658

everybodysfriend

No just larger than life

Post 659

invisibleknight

much out of my peripheral vision.
which means it isn't safe to drive anymore.
thanks Glaucoma (You Bastard!)

Post 660

Brendan

MGM Pictures

Key: Complain about this post