A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty hates

Post 5961

pocketprincess

People who push the pedestrian crossing button even though they clearly have more than enough time to cross the road before the car reaches them - oddly enough this annoys me more when I'm walking than when I'm driving smiley - erm

On a related note people who repeatedly push the button; it doesn't make the lights change any faster ya numpty! smiley - rolleyes

Petty hates

Post 5962

gandalfstwin OGGMSTKMBGSUIKWIATA

Talking of Pedestrian Crossings...

I really HATE the bu***rs who press the button when I am 50 yards away, but then have no intention of crossingsmiley - grr

I have then to wait 2 minutes before it will operate againsmiley - grrsmiley - grr

smiley - grr
smiley - wizard
GT

Petty hates

Post 5963

Beatrice

Can I have all the gherkins off of the Big Macs ordered by people who don't like pickles? (I remember doing a mime once in a drama class where we had to pretend to be eating something, and the others had to guess what it was, and ours was a giveaway Maccy D meal because of the gherkin -passing-around ritual...)

Petty hates

Post 5964

Beatrice

And just for all you grumpies out there...

A53288940

Petty hates

Post 5965

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Gerkins smiley - drool I could eat 'em all day. Same with most pickled food, especially beetroot. Mind you, my stomach might object to that diet smiley - whistle

Petty hates

Post 5966

Pickled beetroot!!!smiley - droolsmiley - droolsmiley - drool

Doesn't do the forks any good!!

smiley - biggrin
smiley - wizard
GT

Petty hates

Post 5967

Alfster

Ahh, fork the forks.

Petty hates

Post 5968

Pink Paisley

Use the forks Luke, use the forks.

PP

Petty hates

Post 5969

KB

The concept of "the usual, please" in cafes and bars. I went into a cafe at lunchtime for about the third time ever and had something plopped in front of me before I had time to open my mouth to order. Apparently it's "the usual" because I've had it once before. smiley - laugh

Petty hates

Post 5970

Wand'rin star

When I was doing a post-graduate degree I used to drink brandy and ginger in the PG bar. Ten years later I took my older son into that bar as he was about to start at the same university as an undergraduate. The barman put a brandy and ginger on the counter before I even said hello. smiley - starsmiley - star

Petty hates

Post 5971

KB

smiley - bigeyes After ten years? Perhaps I shouldn't ask why you were so memorable. smiley - laugh

Petty hates

Post 5972

Why has that never happened to me???

I was a right pi****ead in my youth...

Each time I went to a pub, it was "Yes, ********, what would you like?

Each time, the answer was the same. so why ask???

smiley - erm
smiley - wizard
GT

Petty hates

Post 5973

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Because of people like me, who don't appreciate it if somebody sticks something in front of them without so much as the slightest attempt at finding out what they actually want. Suppose I don't want milk and cookies, but before I get a chance to say that what I'm actually after is fries and a shake, there are the milk and cookies. Who then is going to pay for the milk and cookies? What's going to happen to them?

smiley - pirate

Petty hates

Post 5974

Deb

I worked in a bar a long (long, long) time ago and when one of the regulars came in I'd greet them and say "the usual?" which indicates they're known and remembered (and therefore valued) but also allows for people sometimes just fancying a change.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty hates

Post 5975

Malabarista - now with added pony

Petty hate of the day:

People who "create" things. Draw them, make them, slap them together - but don't keep telling me it's something you "created".

Petty hates

Post 5976

Malabarista - now with added pony

Oh, and the upstairs storage room, which has dozens of wires running through it (the fuse box is in there), but neither a window nor a light smiley - rolleyes

Petty hates

Post 5977

Bright Blue Shorts

Bloody BT sending me letters stating "You can save £200 on broadband and telephone connection" ... of course I know it's going to be rubbish, but just read it through for amusement while the kettle boils. And ... £122 of that saving turns out to be no connection fee ... hmmm so they bloody well want to win my business and will do that by charging me to start using them ... imagine how much custom Sainsburys would get if they started charging an admission fee to get into the supermarket ...

Petty hates

Post 5978

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

~*~I worked in a bar a long (long, long) time ago and when one of the regulars came in I'd greet them and say "the usual?" which indicates they're known and remembered (and therefore valued) but also allows for people sometimes just fancying a change.~*~

Yes, see, that's fine.

Petty Hate today: People ascribing too much importance to the lives (and deaths) of celebrities. CNN is doing a 2-hour live special about Michael Jackson. Don't they have more important news? Some vicious murderer on the loose, for example?

smiley - pirate

Petty hates

Post 5979

toybox

Eh? Michael Jackson was murdered?

smiley - seniorsmiley - winkeyesmiley - run

Petty hates

Post 5980

Pink Paisley

Over use of the term "Genius".

Hyperbole:-

"Life changing event". It won't change mine.

"Like losing a member of your family" - No it isn't. When you lose a family member you will understand that it isn't at all.

"The world will never be the same". Yes it will. People will still die of starvation. There will be war, persecution, injustice, etc. Millions will still die from avoidable disease.

PP

Key: Complain about this post