A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 3021

pffffft

I absolutely hate it when you post on the Petty Hates thread all the while thinking that it is the interesting facts thread.

*grumbles*

*gets duflé cote*

Petty Hates

Post 3022

swl

Does that make petty hates interesting?

Petty Hates

Post 3023

The Groob

I hate adverts with little kids pretending to be adults.

Petty Hates

Post 3024

Yael Smith

Like the one advertising a certain car?smiley - grr Me too.

Petty Hates

Post 3025

The Groob

Yup. And there's a new one with a kid pretending to be England manager. We're supposed to go 'awwww' or even find it funny and...oh I could moan all night.

Petty Hates

Post 3026

Beatrice

I might laugh if I could make out what he's saying!

Petty Hates

Post 3027

eloisa

That loo roll one is quite cute Or is that just my hormones?

Petty Hates

Post 3028

AlexoOo

In this paedophile rampant age all images of children on TV should be banned. All children should be played by (equity member) persons of limited posture. It would make Grange Hill more watchable. In my opinion.

Petty Hates

Post 3029

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Yes, they're everywhere aren't they? I even saw a whole department of them in a hospital recently- paedaotrician department. Imagine!smiley - tongueincheek

Petty Hates

Post 3030

eloisa

Well, it's good that they are being honest and up front. Makes them easier to spot.

On the subject of kids, just been out for lunch and there was this small child on the table behind us going la la la and banging his plate with his spoon the whole way through. What really bugged me was the fact that everyone was looking at him saying ah, bless, aint he sweet. No he is annoying and it was inappropriate behaviour in a public place. If you can't make your kid behave when it is 3 or 4, just imagine the poor teachers getting it to do as it is told when it gets to school.

Petty Hates

Post 3031

eloisa

Orsmiley - smileyperhaps.

Petty Hates

Post 3032

Researcher 3547123

When people say "haitch" instead of "aitch"

Petty Hates

Post 3033

The Groob

Eloisa the world needs more folk like you.

Just popped into WH Smiths to get ewif a Fortean Times and had a cursory glance at the shelf with the books in the top ten. Among the books were biographies. The biographies were by...

Jade Goody
Jordan
Daniella Westbrook

smiley - headhurts

Someone somewhere needs to have a serious think about what we class as a hero in the modern age. smiley - sadface

Petty Hates

Post 3034

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

The celebration of stupidity as someone once put it. It really beggers belief doesn't it? There are people (heroes) devoting their lives to searching for cures for cancer or getting people to the planets, but the only place you'll see them celebrated is in dry academic journals unavailable to the general publicsmiley - erm or soldiers/ prisoners of war carrying out amazing feats of bravery every day. How often do you read about them on the front page of a glossy mag?
What's wrong with this picture?

Petty Hates

Post 3035

The Groob

In twenty years I can't see those three being remembered as anything other than 'people who were on telly a lot'.

Petty Hates

Post 3036

Researcher 3547123

I have a friend, who whenever she texts me and puts something humourous, puts "lol" at the end and it really annoys me!

I think I have put the most hates on here, making me the most miserable b****t*d on H2G2

Petty Hates

Post 3037

Marmite

Voodoo, totally agree lol

Got woken up at 8am on sunday by those stupid little gits who ride around on those hair dryer mini bikes, what a noise they makesmiley - grr

They should be banned.....NOW

Petty Hates

Post 3038

Researcher 3547123

I have spoken to alot of people who have read Jordan's Biography and they all say what a good business woman she is, I know: lets have:-

Celebrity Apprentice!

Thoughts feelings and comments everyone!

Petty Hates

Post 3039

Kat

Even if that is true - and this is hypocritical as I owe having a good education to a good businessman (I call him Dad smiley - smiley) but I think that the people who really inspire you give something special to the world -whether they be the numerous sung and unsung heroes who try to make the world a better place or people whose unique creative talents bring something into your life that creates a sense of wonder or at least takes you to a strange and wondrous place.

Whatever you say about Jordon - I don't think she qualifies on either count.

Petty Hates

Post 3040

Researcher 3547123

Can you imagine Jordan running BT?

Key: Complain about this post