A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Niggling insignificant inconsequential gripes

Post 2961

Cloud - Altocumulus on Thursdays

Boxes of wine that pretend to be empty and you have to tear them apart with your teeth to get another one and three quarter full glasses full by squeezing the pouch and wondering if you look like a total alkie doing it.

Post 2962

Cloud - Altocumulus on Thursdays

and saying full glasses full only lends weight to my gripe..smiley - ok

Post 2963

littlemightyblue2(Not around much at the moment)

smiley - laughWould have loved to see that!

Post 2964

AlexoOo

The way they've started putting amber lights down the side of lorries (In the UK). At a glance you think they are indicators. 'Til they don't flash. That is.

Post 2965

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Yes, that annoys me too. It worries me when i'm overtaking that they're about to pull out as i pass. Why are they using the same colour as indicators?smiley - huh

Petty Hates

Post 2966

Yael Smith

smiley - yawn

Petty Hates

Post 2967

Yael Smith

Sorry, forgot to add text there.

Making life simple by using, say, green coloured thingies on the trucks would be much too easy, don't you think? Where's the fun in that?

Petty Hates

Post 2968

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

Two faced people

Petty Hates

Post 2969

The Groob

A text speak style of spelling in the titles of pop songs.

Petty Hates

Post 2970

Elentari

I hate that too. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 2971

AlexoOo

Prince did that b4 text speak was invented!

Petty Hates

Post 2972

Researcher 3547123

People pronouncing the letter "H" as "haitch" instead of "aitch"

Petty Hates

Post 2973

pffffft

Getting an itchy nose moments after the dentist has asked you to open wide and just got seriously stuck in counting your teeth with his metal thingummy.

Petty Hates

Post 2974

colofthedead

Any phrase or word relating to a person's sexuality that isn't one of the big three (hetero, homo, bi) ... for example, pansexual (which seems to be a bisexual person with grander aspertions)

Petty Hates

Post 2975

Researcher 3547123

Metrosexual - wassallthatallabout?

Petty Hates

Post 2976

The Groob

This sure is a petty hate and it may be just me, but when staying in a B&B I hate the way they give you coffee BEFORE the breakfast. This spoils my enjoyment of the meal - I want to taste my full english, not coffee!

Petty Hates

Post 2977

Oh don't get me started on B+B petty hates- that needs it's own thread all to itselfsmiley - bigeyes

Petty Hates

Post 2978

Yael Smith

Shall I rise to the challenge and bite the bait?

Nah.

Petty Hates

Post 2979

Actually, my experiences are mainly good as i tend to visit nice wee places in remote parts of the Scottish and Irish countryside, however there are still a list of annoying petty hates associated with them (many of which are subjective, i realisesmiley - smiley). OK, let's start with;

Toast served nowhere near the time you will be eating it- usually about 10 minutes before the tea/coffee has arrived= cold toast.

B+B' owners kids running about the place, especially in the kitchen where my brekkie is being prepared. Nough said really smiley - grr

Inflexible breakfast times. Yes, yes, i know i should be getting out there bright and early and the hosts have there own lives to get on with, blah, blah... but, part of a holiday for me is a lie in!

Over-friendly hosts. I mean *really over-friendly. I know it's all part of the charm of remote rural locations with their friendly locals, but honestly sometimes they really do seem to be trying too hard for that favourable mention in the guest-book. I was stuck 'chatting' with one for over an hour on one occasionsmiley - wah

The assumption that you'll be cold; Vast acres of triple duvets and blankets to haul off the bed before you can find the base sheet.smiley - erm (Mind you, The only time i stayed in a guest house without double glazed windows, there was only the flimsiest of duvets, and it was made out of rockwool)

There's probably more..smiley - zzz

Petty Hates

Post 2980

The Groob

This makes me cringe. When adverts change the lyrics of great songs (and sometimes not-so-great) to try to sell their wares. I actually find it buttock clenchingly embarassing.

I won't mention any names.

Halifax.

And get rid of that idiot with the glasses who thinks he's a popular celebrity.

Key: Complain about this post