Where are our researchers from?

Post 422

Humor Me

Thank you, Pierce.

smiley - smiley

Post 423

Trillian's child

If you go to http://www.h2g2.com/forumframe.cgi?forum=37993&thread=53526 there is an ACE keeping tally of who comes from where. There have also been suggestions for using maps to summarise the results.

Post 424

Humor Me

Thank you, Trillian's child! Just was I was looking for. smiley - smiley

Post 425

Trillian's child

You're welcome. All part of the service

Post 426

wednesday

sorry but our system has been down.... Brakspears is in Henley and Marlow had Wethereds (now gone) however we do have Rebellion Beer Co. - apparently really good stuff ( veggie and can't drink normal beer).

Post 427

Shellers (Master of wit and ready repartee)

This isn't meant to sound rude, but why is being a veggie so popular if you have to give up beer? Meat I can understand - but beer! smiley - smiley

Post 428

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

Me puddled too!!!
Why can't veggies drink real ale???
'G'

Post 429

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Because some veggies believe that beer is made by animals (jeast-bacteria). I learned that on a different thread. These veggies are rather rare though.

Post 430

Shellers (Master of wit and ready repartee)

Did the thread say where you can get these animals? Are they easy to train to make beer?

Post 431

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

See http://www.h2g2.com/A419113 for the answer to that one!!
'G'

Post 432

U132269

smiley - hsif Well, just popped in to say hallo, and to introduce my humble self:

I'm from Copenhagen, Denmark, trying hard to overcome everyday struggles such as watching to lousy television shows, coping with unintelligent politics and eating lousy pizzas, just to mention a few smiley - smiley

No seriously - I like the lousy pizzas. But these three things might just be some of the things, that keep extraterrestrials out of H2G2: Earth Edition...

Post 433

U132269

smiley - fish Those animals must be mammals, right? I'm quite convinced that when I was younger I was told about the jeaster bunny, but then again... It's a long time ago

Post 434

Midsummer NIght's Dream

Not fair we have to pick only where we live? I'm a professional ex-pat. Not really, but I'm Canadian, English and I went to school in the States. I'm living in England at the moment, but I'm thinking of moving to OZ. I've been moving every 3 months for four years, it gets in your blood.

As a side note I'm a veggie to, but I'd never heard of the beer thing.

Post 435

The Old Toenail

oy! is it that bad? My name is darby. actualy, it used to be derby, but somebody in imigration at least a century or more ago misspelled it, and here we are. I am a "Yank"., but I have always wondered wahat derby was like. as i type this i am silently reading it , and I DO pronounce it properly. one of the few of us this side of the pond who do.

Post 436

The Old Toenail

ps, sorry to have missed the main question. I am fro Rochester NY USA, wish to be from england but alas- never been there.
no reason to move, I am just a bit daft, that's all.

Post 437

Magenta

Well here's another Aussie...

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia to be precise (what is hosting the Limpics right now *sigh*)

Post 438

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Say hi to Erik from me if you see him. He is working in Sydney right now because of those limpics!

Post 439

Anonymouse

Completely agree with your first statement. (Note the threading is fine but the location is a bit off, though. smiley - winkeye

Post 440

jr52 (ting-a-)

Physical loc: Dorothyland (Salina, Kansas, USA), most of my life

Ehtnic heritage: German, Dutch (yeah, I know..), English, Am. Indian, Earth, Milky Way

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more