A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What news story has caught your attention today.

Post 18061

Caiman raptor elk - Yes, but what if the box is REALLY big?

Could be, but that is not scientifically proven.

Post 18062

Teasswill

Take your pick of coverage of Dominic Cummings. The man must think we're all idiots to swallow his excuses.

Post 18063

Cheerful Dragon

Boris Johnson is not doing himself any favours by refusing to sack Cummings. I'm sure the weight of public opinion is against Cummings, who really should have resigned by now.

I notice that Trump is having a bit of a tantrum after Twitter put a fact check on one of his posts. Not only has he accused social media of trying to stifle conservative free speech, but he also plans to sign some kind of executive order on social media. I don't know what effect the order is expected to have, but it feels like a child throwing its toys out of the pram because it couldn't have its own way.

Post 18064

Baron Grim

President Big Brain is also threatening to sic the Federal Communications Commission, the Federal Trade Commission, and the Department of Justice on Social Media because Twitter also had the audacity to prompt readers to fact check his false statements regarding mail-in voter fraud.

smiley - bleep fascist!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-twitter-trump-executive-order-social/trump-executive-order-takes-aim-at-social-media-firms-draft-idUSKBN2340MW

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more