A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Shaving: why?

Post 201

Luna(Queen of Hearts)

I'm glad more woman don't, there's not enough of you as it is.
There are some things that I don't/won't share. smiley - smiley

Post 202

Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor

Definitely. I have a friend with a beard and mustache, and I've just discovered that before he grew them he didn't look nearly as good.

Post 203

Thanks, but the compliments should go to wordsmith.org.

Post 204

GreeboTCat

Yesterday i had my hair all chopped off... not ultra short but short enough.... and it's coooooolllllllddddddddd...
Must be awful when a bloke type shaves off a beard... brrrrr...

Post 205

Anonymouse

I'm pretty sure a cold winter is not the time to suddenly decide to shave off -anything- that's used to having a healthy layer of natures insulation. smiley - winkeye

Post 206

Technoyokel (muse of poetry)

Hi Skulker - my husband also has long blonde hair and old testament red beard. I like it - I agree with your girlfriend about stubble too! I expect you're right about thermal benefits too - you're not my husband are you? smiley - smiley

Going Grey

Post 207

JokerFord2001(the times they are a changin')

What's the deal with this going grey thing. I started getting grey hair when I was 16 years old and now have rather a lot of it.
I tried the "Grecian Formula" thing but no matter how much of it I drank the grey wouldn't go away. And boy does that stuff taste bad.LOL!!!!! Besides I'm getting used to the grey and my wife thinks it's sexy!!!

Post 208

Silas Eybin

Well ...I don't think my girlfriend is on the guide yet ...but you never know. More conclusively, I'm not (check finger) married ...so probably I'm not your husband but congratulations on your excellent aesthetic taste ...that goes for Luna too.

Going Grey

Post 209

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Sean Connery is both bald and grey and is still very good looking. But as I'm a heterosexual male, maybe my opinion means nothing on that front.

Cat vs. Dog

Post 210

StrmWatcher

Wolves are much better. I have wolf friends and soon pups,
they are very loyal and protective with me and anyone
considered family. I wouldn't give them up for anything smiley - smiley

Going Grey

Post 211

Well, I think a lot of heterosexual females agree with you.

Going Grey

Post 212

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

I've always wondered whether I had good taste in men smiley - smiley

Going Grey

Post 213

Luna(Queen of Hearts)

You have excellent taste,dear.
Sean Connery is a man who gets better looking the older he gets.

Luna smiley - winkeye

Going Grey

Post 214

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Apparently Richard Gere is attractive to women too. But whether that's the grey hair or his massive.. bank account, who knows? I have grey hair but no massive bank account, so I can't accurately conduct this experiment. Perhaps I should apply for funding.

The message is, be proud of how you look. If you're grey like me, call it "distinguished" - don't try to dye it: everybody knows. If you're going bald, be proudly bald and shave it off! If you look better with a beard, grow a beard! There, I've just solved everybody's problems.

Going Grey

Post 215

GreeboTCat

Saw Mr. Gere's, not so massive er... in a film he did... can't remember which one... was not impressed... smiley - winkeye ... But he is jolly handsome... quite kissable in fact... ~grin~

Going Grey

Post 216

FairlyStrange

If they carry themselves well, and attend to their appearance, both men and women look better with age.smiley - bigeyes

NM

Going Grey

Post 217

SPINY (aka Ship's Cook)

Care to reveal YOUR age, Mr Strange? smiley - smiley

Nutrition

Post 218

Shelly Cashman Quasney

I don't know if anyone has suggested this possibility, as I only scanned the above briefly, but perhaps ancient man grew the beard as a means of retaining small bits of food that have fallen out of his mouth at dinner time. The ancient man may have later picked out the food and ate it. Therefore, the beard may have helped sustain and promote human health and nutrition. For modern day evidence, visit a fraternity house on any major college campus. Though, I wouldn't recommend it.

Nutrition

Post 219

GreeboTCat

Are you suggesting that me keeps uneaten doughnuts in my whiskers???? .....

Hmmmmm......

Now there's a thought!!!... smiley - smiley

Nutrition

Post 220

FairlyStrange

Age.......42.

Any uneaten food in my beard I consider to be enedible........at least after an hour or two!smiley - winkeye

NM

Key: Complain about this post