A Conversation for Ask h2g2

nighthoover: watching over your ISP

Post 2241

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Oh yea, lettuce hope that the might suction of nighthoover removes all the heat smiley - zen and let the rear end of nighthoovers might weapon spout forth cool breeze smiley - zen

Post 2242

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

Ahem.

Nighthoover has sucked heat mightily. We are all very grateful!

Post 2243

nighthoover

Fore nighthoover is great and sucketh most mightly smiley - zen praise be to the prophet nighthoover, saviour of the universe smiley - zen lettuce spry mrrily so

Post 2244

The Professor

Nighthoover 5:3 "And the Great Prophet Nighthoover stood hoovering in the night, and did say unto the people of Jerusalem 'I am the Hooverer of the Night!'"

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum

Post 2245

Pinwheel Pearl, GURU, Post Book Reviewer, Muse of Japanese Maples and Owlatron's Thundercat

Oh lovelysmiley - biggrin

Post 2246

SEF

And those who were merely common hoovers of the day (U27581 U52277) were ashamed and hid themselves from site.

For the presence of the nighthoover (U183456) could not be cancelled.

Many there were who stood forth and declaimed "I'm nighthoover" or "No, I'm nighthoover and so's my wife!". But they were all unmasked (U206306 U217204). No matter how cunningly they decorated their PS (U198799).

Post 2247

The Professor

And the Great Nighthoover stood, in all His Glory, and watched, as the others ran away in terror, or stood in awe of His presence. Then, the prophet Nighthoover, sat down, and ate some bread.

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum

Post 2248

The Professor

I think perhaps I'll make an entry of the "The Book of Nighthoover" with all the little dealys i and others writed that are of the book of nighthoover, as written in the last three posts

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum

Post 2249

The Professor

And then, the One who Could Not Be Cancelled did say, "Fear not! People of Jerusalem. You shall not be hoovered, for you are to be known as the uncancellable army, and those who are the anti-hoover's followeres shall be hoovered up with the night!"

And the people cheered and came out from hiding and offered the Great Prophet bags of candy hearts, cheeses banned in Switzerland, and great paintings of frolicking llamas. And the Nighthoover said, "Such is good."

The Professor
Societas Eruditorum

Post 2250

Baron Grim

The nocto-vacu-theologolians are still debating the translation of that verse. Many are of the mind that the whooshy one said "suck is good."

smiley - vampire CZ smiley - zen

Post 2251

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

I thought it was "Such is Goo"... smiley - zen

Post 2252

Baron Grim

My personal belief is that the actual phrase was "psukhêesgüüt": A little known Fredonian phase that translates as "HEY, who let the dust bunnies out from behind the divan?"

smiley - vampire Count Zero smiley - zensmiley - bigeyes

Post 2253

I've translations, on the PC of several chapters of the great book of nighthoover, including hooversis, hooverbs and something else smiley - erm perhaps I should put them on site? smiley - weirdsmiley - zen

Post 2254

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

>> ..perhaps I should put them on site? <<

Is the world ready for these Truths?
Oh dear! Perhaps not...

The prospect chills and thrills me like the blower in my freezer that sucketh out all moisture and warming.

But verily I say, "Bring them on!" for the faithful will be True to whatever Truths our High Priest decrees.

smiley - zen
~jwf~

Post 2255

Lo, mrrily be such, for on this very day (if I get round tuit before going to the pub), I shall putith on to site, the guide entry I've been messing about with, and lo smiley - zen at the sameth timeth I shaleth putith on also the works of translation of the diety that is nighthoover smiley - zen lo, the first book of 'dustotarph', 'hooversis', and the book of 'hooverbs' smiley - zen and lo, merrily we quoteth so from yonder books mrrily so smiley - zen lettuce spry mrrily that I get 'my arse in gear', and do this thing oh yea smiley - zen a thousand yeas smiley - zen

Post 2256

For the power of nighthoover is mighty, for I worketh not on sod all, but I manageth to have the power, as bestowed by nighthoover, as the nighthoover high priest, to have installed, onsite, the first three chapters, translated from teh hooverly book, the nost nighthooverly book smiley - zen This is of course, only the first translation of them, and a bit rough round the edges, but I'm sure the prophets words carry through smiley - zen:#
Hooclesiastes or The hooverer A1163936
Book one of Dustotaph - the first book of Leocxrulets: Called: Hooversis A1163945
The hooverbs A1163954

Post 2257

nighthoover

a thousand yeas smiley - zen
never
impatient
gratefully
hopeful
temptations
only
on
eons
remarkible

Post 2258

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Oh Nighthoover, succor of us all,
Sucker to our enemies,
Hoovering the evil and depositing them in dusty little bags for all eternity,
Hear our pleas.
Please.
Deliver us not to the rubbish bin but to the nightly cleaned abode.
Give us this day our ditzy broad.
Even unto those of us who might prefer a dirty boy,
(Unless of course that is a sin against thy will),
For yeah! Tho I work through a veritable dearth,
Thou sucketh mightily for thy ends, which are now mine.
I shall fear no *e* virus,
Neither in the cleanliness of thy virtual front room or in my real one,
For Nighthoover cleaneth all,
With the possible exception of my imagination.

Aimin'

smiley - zenNsmiley - zenIsmiley - zenGsmiley - zenTsmiley - zenHsmiley - zenOsmiley - zenOsmiley - zenVsmiley - zenEsmiley - zenRsmiley - zen

Post 2259

SEF

smiley - yikes Something sucked one of the 'H's out of that line-up.

Post 2260

clzoomer- a bit woobly

smiley - zenNsmiley - zenIsmiley - zenGsmiley - zenHsmiley - zenTsmiley - zenHsmiley - zenOsmiley - zenOsmiley - zenVsmiley - zenEsmiley - zenRsmiley - zen

smiley - blush

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more