A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Where can I find some nice friendly girls?

Post 7081

BobTheFarmer

Believe i get a lot more girls since I stopped being a 'nice guy'

Post 7082

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

And do you keep them?

Post 7083

Ged42

But i'm not a 'nice guy,' i fart and belch in public just as much as any other guy, i don't sit there talking about 'feelings,' i oggle smiley - bigeyes women's breasts.

Yet still i get labeled as a 'nice guy.' smiley - erm

Post 7084

You can call me TC

This comes up every 500 postings or so - the thing about nice girls wanting bad guys so nice guys don't stand a chance.

I think what the problem may be is that the definitions may be different.

so guys: What do you understand by "a nice girl"
and ladies: What do you understand by "a nice guy"

Perhaps this will finally get the whole problem sorted out smiley - dohsmiley - erm

Post 7085

Nbcdnzr, the dragon was slain, and there was much rejoicing

If I would have to describe each with one word, I would say that a nice guy is caring. A nice girl is sweet.

Post 7086

BobTheFarmer

Kelli, some get rid of me, I get rid of some. Some I've had productive relationships with.

But any of that is better than the zero women I used to get as a walkover.

Post 7087

BobTheFarmer

Actually, I might turn into a bit of a nicer guy when I get into a relationship.

But thats a secret, don't go telling noone, might ruin my bad boy image!smiley - winkeyesmiley - laugh

Post 7088

Ged42

A Nice Girl:

Is interested in you as a person, not the contents of your wallet, or the flashiness of your car, or how much 'bling' you have.

Post 7089

BobTheFarmer

But for the record, I don't really go after nice girls either.

Post 7090

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

smiley - evilgrin*Mr Burns voice* I shall bide my time.... eeeexcellent.

Post 7091

Queeglesproggit - Keeper of the evil Thingite Avon Lady Army and Mary Poppins's bag of darkness..

smiley - doh That was in response to Ged's message at the bottom of the last page. Queegledivvy.

A nice guy: Someone who's not a git. smiley - biggrinsmiley - space ahem

think I've just summed it up in my head (quite surprisingly) - someone who treats other people with respect.

Post 7092

Ged42

I now have a bizzare mental image of Queegle chasing after Fuzzy round and round in circles, like in a Benny Hill sketch. smiley - runsmiley - run

So a nice guy is someone who treats girls with respect.... so does this mean girls like guys who don't treat them with respect. smiley - erm I'm confused smiley - erm

Post 7093

I'd agree with that queegle - I once dumped a man because, although he was always nice to me, he showed himself to be shockingly rude and arrogant around service industry workers (waiters, taxi drivers, shop assistants etc). That made him not a 'nice guy'.

Post 7094

Ged42

Doh smiley - doh, read your post wrong, sorry Queegle.

Nice Guys treat others with respect, interesting

Does that mean a lot of girls like guys who don't treat others with respect, smiley - erm i'm still confused smiley - erm

Post 7095

Ged you're being a plum. smiley - tongueout

A nice guy (by my definition) is somebody who respects others and can treat them as such. There is so much that affects, like being polite to service industry workers, and most importantly, being good to their partner.

Some girls will like the opposite, but they're just silly.

I'm nice because I call you a plum, rather than getting on a high horse I had no right to get on and making comments about your intelligence just because you don't psychically understand exactly what I mean. I respect you. People I don't respect, I don't make an effort with.

*remembers Benny Hill bit againsmiley - laugh* smiley - spacesmiley - laugh

Post 7096

Ged42

Don't worry i was just being abit pendantic and literal, i know full well that women don't think like i described.

It just when everyone you know in 'Real Life'(tm) has a boy/girlfriend you tend to get a little down and little cynical.

I personally repsect service industry workers because i worked in Tescos for 4 years a know how cr*p it is.

*hums Benny hill theme* smiley - runsmiley - run

Post 7097

BobTheFarmer

*Doesnt find it hard not being a nice guy whilst still respecting service industry workers. Wonders to himself how being a nice guy came to be defined by attitudes to service industry workers.*

Post 7098

More funny cuz they seem to keep having Benny Hill sequences on The Simpsons at the mo' smiley - biggrin, so we've been doing it a bit at home smiley - runsmiley - run

Post 7099

Respect to people in general.. including service industry workers, everybody, even farmers.

Post 7100

Oh for heavens sake! I mentioned an *example* of someone I didn't consider to be a nice guy because of his attitude to service industry workers. It was only a few posts ago!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more